I was slated for my weight at Rangers just like Alfredo Morelos but he needs to prove he’s fit to start writes Kris Boyd

That's not his build he's out of shape the Morelos a few years ago never looked like that and could go past players with a burst of pace that's gone from his game.

Pointless discussion are some are just kidding themselves on.
It's not his build in general but I mean it's not like it's the first time his physique changes when he's not playing, but when he does it doesn't effect him. My point is this 'issue' with his weight isn't even an issue.

Boyd was slated for his weight and rightly so, the state he turned up in that championship season under mccoist was nothing short of embarrassing, the fact mccoist and his staff allowed that and stuck by him should have seen them get their jotters earlier than they did.

Too many bringing Colak into Alfie conundrum. I really like Colak and if Alfie isn't fit, he plays.

Alfie and a few others have dragged us from laughing stock to unbeaten Terry Munro banishers, European finalists and respected team unit.

Morelos will be back and shut utter halfwits up and hopefully he and Colak can help each other in staying fresh and sharp.

Alfie on form is perhaps the best player in the country. He makes everyone in the team better as he occupies the opponents or have we forgotten?
Colak will play if he keeps scoring Gio brought him as we needed a clinical striker it's not a player he inherited.

Boyd was slated for his weight and rightly so, the state he turned up in that championship season under mccoist was nothing short of embarrassing, the fact mccoist and his staff allowed that and stuck by him should have seen them get their jotters earlier than they did.
No one denies that at all Boyd even mentions it in the article.

Colak will play if he keeps scoring Gio brought him as we needed a clinical striker it's not a player he inherited.
Possibly.

We don't create enough chances so far for Colak. Not Colaks fault.

A fit Alfie creates for others and himself. He's a machine when on it.

Colak could actually push a fit Alfie to great things.

Possibly.

They both could it's the ideal scenario a win win as I said earlier I wish we had it with Goldson.

Possibly.

Nail on the head here.

Colak is clearly lethal when getting a chance, but we don't create enough from open play to exploit that. Morelos creates goals for himself, that's the difference. Having both is brilliant though.

Alfredo over the last 2 seasons has been nowhere near as lean and as sharp has he was 2018/19. Sure natural weight gain and sports science but he’s slower and more sluggish that much is undeniable.

He’s a more complete player now, but he’s slower and not as sharp and really lacks consistency. Of course he’s scored some important goals in Europe but he’s not had a consistent season.

Go back and look at videos from then and you’ll see a much sharper, more dynamic player.

Tell me there’s not a massively noticeable difference in his physique from this video to what we’ve seen this season and last?

Hopefully Colak banging them in is a kick up the backside he needs.

Last edited:
I don’t think it’s anything to do with being unfit or ‘fat’.

It’s either - he’s rejected a new deal and he’s close to moving

Or

Colak was having a great game and we were content with what situation we were in at that time.

I know what one id guess is true.

Some utterly embarrassing comments about one of our best players in recent years.

Incredible.

Suspect in some cases.

If we were talking about any other player, the same posters defending Morelos with excuses, would be calling out any other player for letting himself go a bit despite being out injured.

There are some posters on here that just can’t acknowledge Morelos is at fault for something.

Anyone that doesn’t think Morelos is heavier than he should be are in denial. Simple as that.
You are deranged

Too many bringing Colak into Alfie conundrum. I really like Colak and if Alfie isn't fit, he plays.

Alfie and a few others have dragged us from laughing stock to unbeaten Terry Munro banishers, European finalists and respected team unit.

Morelos will be back and shut utter halfwits up and hopefully he and Colak can help each other in staying fresh and sharp.

Alfie on form is perhaps the best player in the country. He makes everyone in the team better as he occupies the opponents or have we forgotten?
Bingo

The media seems desperate to fabricate this bizarre narrative where Alfredo and Gio are at odds with one another currently.

Morelos is just coming back from an injury. He is ahead of schedule. Being eased back in is normal.

alfie's carry extra weight, to deny this is stupid, however I don't need Boyd to point this out to me. I'll always associate Boyd with that miss against Villarreal, if you can do fook all else on a pitch but score, then you better not miss when a sitteer comes along

Mate, you don’t like him. Bully for you, we ALL happen to love our clubs ALL TIME European goal scorer. In fact Rangers fans from 4 to 104 year old do
Are they all the problem? Or can you take it on the chin and admit you hate the wee fucking legend! And EVERYBODY laughs at any opinion you have on him?
It really isn’t despite what some may claim.

If you don’t think he’s out of shape you’re kidding yourself on.

Sooner he gets back to shape and playing the better.

Mate, you don’t like him. Bully for you, we ALL happen to love our clubs ALL TIME European goal scorer. In fact Rangers fans from 4 to 104 year old do
Are they all the problem? Or can you take it on the chin and admit you hate the wee fucking legend! And EVERYBODY laughs at any opinion you have on him?
I don’t dislike him so again, just more nonsense directed at me

No one should be above valid criticism in the team, including Morelos.

And IMO it’s valid to state that he clearly isn’t in peak physical shape. Some fans are honest enough to state this, others seem determined to be in denial and instead insult ex players / fans that simply point it out.

I got loads of grief a couple of months ago for saying we should be looking for a striker that can score 20+ league goals a season because it would allow us to rely less on Morelos domestically and let him focus more on the Euro games (where he excels) but we look to have found the perfect guy in Colak (so far anyway).

Morelos has been out for months, he needs time to get back up to speed and he shouldn’t be judged overly harshly in these opening games of the season.

A fully fit and firing Morelos would give us a much better chances away to PSV on Tuesday but unfortunately it’s too soon for him. Even with minutes away to Hibs today/tomorrow, I still don’t think it would be enough (or even fair) to throw him into the starting line up on Wednesday.

The Morelos/Colak option we have right now is one that could get us success both domestically and in Europe.

I got loads of grief a couple of months ago for saying we should be looking for a striker that can score 20+ league goals a season because it would allow us to rely less on Morelos domestically and let him focus more on the Euro games (where he excels) but we look to have found the perfect guy in Colak (so far anyway).

Morelos has been out for months, he needs time to get back up to speed and he shouldn’t be judged overly harshly in these opening games of the season.

A fully fit and firing Morelos would give us a much better chances away to PSV on Tuesday but unfortunately it’s too soon for him. Even with minutes away to Hibs today/tomorrow, I still don’t think it would be enough (or even fair) to throw him into the starting line up on Wednesday.

The Morelos/Colak option we have right now is one that could get us success both domestically and in Europe.
Where are you plucking such a goal scorer from?

Where are you plucking such a goal scorer from?

From PAOK Salonika, seemingly. If Colak stays fit all season and continues playing the way he has been then I’ve no doubt he’ll score 20+ league goals this season.

Alfie is outstanding in our Euro games and our “big” domestic games, he’ll always be considered as first choice for them as he offers more to the team all round than Colak does.

As good as he is in those games, his record v the “smaller” teams can be a bit sketchy and that’s where Colak will absolutely come into his own for us.

Alfie is a better player than Colak, there’s no doubt about it, but Colak is better suited to scoring regularly against the cannon fodder we face weekly in the league.

Taking the pressure off Alfie in “smaller” domestic games is something that I see as a positive tbh.

I just wish some of our ex players would stop all the sniping from the sidelines. I know Kris is trying his best to carve out a wonderful second career for himself at Sky but please Kris you weren’t exactly Mr Charles Atlas when you played for our great club so please don’t be a hypocrite and slate Alfie for his body shape as you are embarrassing yourself. Please remember that Alfie has been out for 5 months following surgery so no lectures please. Just stick to actual facts please!

Setting a narrative that he’s unfit and casting doubt on his application.
Disappointed with Boyd but not surprised. He needs to toe the line along with the scum media or he’s out of a job.

Alfredo over the last 2 seasons has been nowhere near as lean and as sharp has he was 2018/19. Sure natural weight gain and sports science but he’s slower and more sluggish that much is undeniable.

He’s a more complete player now, but he’s slower and not as sharp and really lacks consistency. Of course he’s scored some important goals in Europe but he’s not had a consistent season.

Go back and look at videos from then and you’ll see a much sharper, more dynamic player.

Tell me there’s not a massively noticeable difference in his physique from this video to what we’ve seen this season and last?

Hopefully Colak banging them in is a kick up the backside he needs.

He's definitely smaller there than he is now but I saw that sharp, dynamic player under Gio last season against the likes of Dortmund and others. I definitely think he's a better player now than he was then, and even stronger.

There's no doubting our Sports Science has improved drastically in the last couple of years, and this helped get the best version of Morelos we'd seen for a while before he got injured. Hopefully he's doing the extra work now to get back to that condition and I'm relieved we have Colak to do the business in the meantime.

Fair article for me. I don’t see how anyone can state they think Morelos is in peak physical condition from his recent sub appearances and from photos of him.
Imagine not being in peak physical condition after being out for months with a serious injury

Frankly Morelos should be ashamed of himself. he should’ve been doing half marathons with a truck tire strapped to his back a week after surgery, the lazy fucker :rolleyes:

He's definitely smaller there than he is now but I saw that sharp, dynamic player under Gio last season against the likes of Dortmund and others. I definitely think he's a better player now than he was then, and even stronger.

There's no doubting our Sports Science has improved drastically in the last couple of years, and this helped get the best version of Morelos we'd seen for a while before he got injured. Hopefully he's doing the extra work now to get back to that condition and I'm relieved we have Colak to do the business in the meantime.

Alfie is definitely one of those players who struggles with his weight and having a significant amount of time out injured will see him gain weight. It’s not me having a go at him, I just think it’s his body type and tbf to him he probably has to work a lot harder than others to stay in shape throughout the season.

I actually don’t like it when Alfie looks quite lean, I think he plays his best football when he carries a little bit of extra weight around his lower body/pelvic area.

Alfie is never going to be a striker that will run away from defenders with pure pace or even be someone who will out jump bigger defenders and win too many headers. You get the best of Alfie when he’s allowed to battle with defenders, when he uses his body to bully them and uses his “low centre of gravity” to turn defenders when they get too tight.

Not only that we should be praised for bringing in a striker who can deliver consistently in Colak so we dont have to rush Morelos back and possibly cause him more problems.

Such a weird article
Who needs enemies when we have our own ex players in the media.

Also this bit

“It didn’t matter which other frontmen were at the club, in my head I was the best”

Fair play to Boyd for convincing himself he was the best despite rarely being trusted or deemed good enough to start against the best sides, i.e. against the scum and in Europe.
He was the best finisher he was never the best player by a long long way

There’s a difference kris

I think coming back from 5 months out injured Morelos was always going to carry a little extra weight, it’s just the way his body type is. Surprisingly enough I actually think his body is in better shape right now than it was at the start of last season.

Boyd can’t give anyone advice over fitness.

He embarrassed himself with his lack of professionalism during the lower league years.

I like Boyd but just can't take an article on him lecturing someone about their attitude serious

Why do our ex players give the current players digs in the mhedia, yet that lots ex players pull the head clean off it with the current crop of World superstars they have and market them at 20 odd million
Hately - Colak is shite

Chris Commons - Tierney is worth £25 million

Boyd - Morelos is fat

Hartson - Demeble is worth £25 million

Pretty much how it goes .

Just nonsense from him! He has been injured for months and the way Boyd is talking you'd think Alfie was looking like the Michelin man or something! The weight Alfie is right now is slightly bigger than he was before he got injured but he is hardly massive and he stills looks slimmer than Boyd did playing for us. At least Alfie has an excuse for putting on some beef, Boyd was just a fat slob.

I'd have Alfie any day over Boyd.

Alfie our all time top scorer in Europe, Boyd not trusted in Europe generally.

Boyd couldn't even score regularly in the lower fucking division

I like Boyd but this is fucking ridiculous
I don't like Boyd, never did.

If I checked right, I think it was 3 goals in 19 European performances for us and 1 sclaff against the holy toalie.

Sick of our ex players having a go, are they so desperate for the column and cash they need to go for the negative all the fkn time?

Couple of decent defenders and Boyd was knackered and useless. Morelos has given entire defences, bloody good ones nightmares on his own.

Morelos always takes time to get into peak condition after the summer. Add in an injury and it could be even longer before we see him firing on all cylinders.

Luckily we finally appear to have someone else to shoulder the goal scoring burden up front, but there’s no denying a full fit and focused Morelos is difficult to replace.

It is complete nonsense from Boyd though. Van Bronckhorst already explained why he didn’t bring Alfie on against PSV and it was nothing to do with his fitness.

I'd have Alfie any day over Boyd.

Alfie our all time top scorer in Europe, Boyd not trusted in Europe generally.

Boyd couldn't even score regularly in the lower fucking division

I like Boyd but this is fucking ridiculous
Rangers supporters dont buy scabby newspapers but timbo does they will be sitting with there trousers on the floor pulling the head off it at this shite.

Back