I was used to bricking it when we went behind

I am of a vintage who started following Rangers when we were not very good 1980.
I have therefore lived through shite and greatness.
The difference this season in comparison with the last few is that when we go behind I no longer panic, that is the dif for the supporters and it would appear the team NS.

I knew we’d score today. Shame we didn’t get the second, but the team has earned my trust.

I’m not sure it’s disgraceful.

I think everyone is heightened based on our absolute desire to want to win this title, more than ever before.

I’m not sure you can blame people for that.

I don’t follow Liverpool, but I’d imagine it’s akin to how their fans felt last season. Every small bump in the road likely felt like an earthquake.

I think everyone is heightened based on our absolute desire to want to win this title, more than ever before.

I don’t follow Liverpool, but I’d imagine it’s akin to how their fans felt last season. Every small bump in the road likely felt like an earthquake.
Today was mental , but I don’t think it’s because of the last ten years . This place was the exact same under Walter. It’s always been extreme on here . But I’ll tell you what for years all were we’re talking about was the spivs it’s great to be back where a third draw in 23 games is treated like a disaster .

Honestly, not my experience of Liverpool or their fans at all. Either in person or peeking on their forums. Hugely supportive throughout. When City beat Leicester (?) with that late Komapny goal to practically win the league, their version of FF was philosophical and celebrating how good their own team had been, this place would have been a morgue.

I wasnt worried we are a very fit team and spaces were always going to appear you could visibly see motherwell tire. Some people may think we pass it to much but theres a purpose to it it's not just passing for the sake of it. It's to get the opposition moving around.

Motherwell are literally fighting for their jobs they have a new manager so their start wasnt unexpected.

Looking at our next 6 fixtures other than hibs away they should be fairly straightforward. This team has earned our trust.

I was confident we would score. This team has earned our trust. We have had one cleared off the line and nearly won it at the end. Motherwell will be a different team from here. They scored a good goal and defended well. That's twice we have struggled against them so we knew it was going to be tough. Due to injury the recent squad depth is being tested to the max. We need Roofe and Jack back to give us some quality options. This is why SG can't drop Aribo or Kent as we don't have the quality to replace them just now.

The only only frustrating thing for me is we seem to be reluctant to have a dig - quite a few times goldson and Davis had the ball 30 yards out and it’s worth a shot.

but, gerrard talks of control and that’s the difference for me this season, we are in control or controlled - so we don’t seem to panic if we are behind; last couple of seasons that wouldn’t have been the case.

so we don’t lose a second chasing an equaliser in effect

The frustration for me was simply the way we approached the game in the 1st half. You could argue this gave Motherwell more confidence. Can’t really fault the team 2nd half after the SG speech treatment.
As most folk have said I’m also pining for Arfield Roofe and Jack but also understand it might take each one of them some games to get fully dialled in again. Patience does not seem to be a virtue I can command while watching us. :)

agreed OP
the amount of slagging today’s match is receiving is beyond me

in seasons past, we would have lost that game.

we’re not going to be 100% from here on through but we’re not ever
going to be disgraceful
Best thing to do is avoid the match thread like the plague. I find it toxic. With the usual suspects slagging individuals, the team, the performance, within 10 minutes of KO.

agreed OP
the amount of slagging today’s match is receiving is beyond me

in seasons past, we would have lost that game.

we’re not going to be 100% from here on through but we’re not ever
going to be disgraceful
people are just worried.

I generally thought the team did well, as OP said, I had confidence we'd come back.

The problem, and what gets frustrating, is that our pedestrian play in the first 25 minutes meant we were having to break down/chase the game more.

We start the game with the pace/urgency that we had in the second half, we're winning that 3 nil.

Gerrard's comments show that he sees it as a problem too.

We've shown umpteen times this season that moving the ball quickly is the way to trouble these park the bus teams. So why the team spends 25-45 minutes playing walking football is baffling.

I am of a vintage who started following Rangers when we were not very good 1980.
I have therefore lived through shite and greatness.
The difference this season in comparison with the last few is that when we go behind I no longer panic, that is the dif for the supporters and it would appear the team NS.

You are right about not panicking about being a goal down...even the team when coming out for the second half didnt appear to be too worried...Its as if they realised that they would score sooner or later.

Im the opposite hate seeing us go behind, i am panicking, you just know whats coming with a 5/5 to get through for the rest of the game. I will be the same this weekend against Ross County hoping we dont go behind against a team who have beat Celtic, Aberdeen and Hibs this season. You's can sit as relaxed as you like but im panicking all the way to we cllnch the title.

Back