I watched the 1st half of Rangers v St Josephs game back

Dolly’s Brae wasn’t sung. It was Play Up The Glasgow Rangers.

“The animals sang the soldier song,
the People sang Dolly’s Brae”

As for the legality of it all (in UEFA’s eyes) - the only thing with any issue is TBB because they have banned it (in any form as per their letter to Murray), and the word 19th Century Terrorist (as per Ajax stand closure).

The add ons to Father Advice (%^*& Bobby etc) - not causing us problems.

The Sash - no add on, no prob.

Coming Down The Road - ‘Great War’ song, no prob.

UDR4 - not sectarian. Song about my friend Latimer, 2nd Bat. UDR, who was the only one convicted of the assissination of IRA scumbag Adrian Carroll. 3 appeals as the star witness confessed to her priest she wasn’t actually sure it was Neil she witnessed. Not illegal, this is a stain on British justice and should be shouted about at every opportunity.

Gibraltar - everyone knows the words and the story. Not illegal.

Stop singing the Billy Boys, Super Rangers and the overtly sectarian No Pope of Rome etc (all of which are rare anyway) and we’re ok.

The unfair and unprecedented scrutiny from a malicious and anti-Rangers organisation won’t go away, so box clever.

These rats have always been more organised and directed than us since the Troubles. And they’ll step it up now for obvious reasons.

Brilliant post.

All religious overtones,Rangers don't want it.

I would sing it til my hearts content and i do but not at the home of RFC as it's hurting the club.

Yeah, I would argue that most of those songs aren’t about religion anyway but is there really any place for songs about four UDR men, Carson’s Army etc at football - it’s a whole different debate on culture etc. A lot couldn’t tell us what most of it means anyway.

On one hand I think we could step away from all non-football songs altogether - we’re a unique club in the sense that most of our more sung songs at the games historically (last 30 years) haven’t been about the club (granted we are moving away from that.)

On the other hand I don’t know if we need to lose it all because only certain songs, as per my previous post, are harming club.

Then again, was it not Build My Gallows that fucked us vs PSV? Baffling.

Bottom line is, UEFA will not hesitate to hammer us and you can’t answer them back. Imagine coming all of this way on the pitch, and nobody is any doubt about how much we need the Euro money, and UEFA hammer us with a 3 year ban or something? It would be catastrophic.

The whole FARE set up is an outrage that needs looked at, absolute corruption, but it isn’t going to go away.

Back