I went for a run to clear my head and what my conclusion was...

TheWhiteHackle

this is painful beyond relief. I can’t get my head round why this is happening. “We don’t do walking away” has turned into “we deserve better”. Now, I’m looking to simply just embrace the situation. I’m not expecting the quick fix as that seems to dig the hole deeper.

“The two most power warriors are patience and time”

We need to forget about them and rebuild and if it takes a good few years then so be it.

“You must not fight too often with one enemy or you will teach them your art of war”

We need to take the battle to every one every time with no pressure. That happens then we will start enjoying it.

When the battle is over and the flag is raised. We will look at the chosen people and be proud that we were there thick and thin. Doesn’t matter what happened yesterday or what will happen tomorrow. All we know is eventually the cream will rise to the top.

No surrender and we are the people.

Remember that.

All we are really asking for is a sign that we are improving. Unfortunately it seems we have to start from scratch and have a total rebuild every summer.

It just can't go on like this, we are losing our young support at an alarming rate.

I just hate to think that we will be in the last chance saloon next season.

I heard Hugh Keevins go on about if Gerard comes his one and only task is to stop 10 in a row.. I also see people on here say that also.
Personally I don’t care. I only care about seeing improvements that can make us all believe we are going in the right direction on the pitch.
We know how close we were to losing the club, every initiative we have tried in 6 years has failed, we had about 4 good months under Warburton but apart from that we have been pathetic on the pitch no matter how much we try to say otherwise.
Lastly if anyone other club supporter was being honest they would highlight that we had the points deducted the last year in PL then 4 years out. Everyone knows their 10 in a row is fatally flawed.. so no I don’t give a toss about it and agree we focus on ensuring we make incremental positive steps on the pitch each season

I heard Hugh Keevins go on about if Gerard comes his one and only task is to stop 10 in a row.. I also see people on here say that also.
Personally I don’t care. I only care about seeing improvements that can make us all believe we are going in the right direction on the pitch.
We know how close we were to losing the club, every initiative we have tried in 6 years has failed, we had about 4 good months under Warburton but apart from that we have been pathetic on the pitch no matter how much we try to say otherwise.
Lastly if anyone other club supporter was being honest they would highlight that we had the points deducted the last year in PL then 4 years out. Everyone knows their 10 in a row is fatally flawed.. so no I don’t give a toss about it and agree we focus on ensuring we make incremental positive steps on the pitch each season

It may be flawed in some folks eyes but the history books won't have an asterisk next to them. It'll be Celtic 10 times in a row, regardless of how anyone feels about it.

It may be flawed in some folks eyes but the history books won't have an asterisk next to them. It'll be Celtic 10 times in a row, regardless of how anyone feels about it.
I’m off the belief that you can only compete against what’s in front of you.

IT HAS TO STOP!!

All good and well but I'm sure a lot of older bears would like to see us back to winning before they drop dead! only 47 and I'm no longer convinced I might see that!

All we are really asking for is a sign that we are improving. Unfortunately it seems we have to start from scratch and have a total rebuild every summer.

It just can't go on like this, we are losing our young support at an alarming rate.

I just hate to think that we will be in the last chance saloon next season.
This is it for me. We need to improve. Gerrard might not win us the league next year. Or the year after. But we need to improve. Never mind the young fans, the regulars will start to drift away if it's the same shit every season

this is painful beyond relief. I can’t get my head round why this is happening. “We don’t do walking away” has turned into “we deserve better”. Now, I’m looking to simply just embrace the situation. I’m not expecting the quick fix as that seems to dig the hole deeper.

“The two most power warriors are patience and time”

We need to forget about them and rebuild and if it takes a good few years then so be it.

“You must not fight too often with one enemy or you will teach them your art of war”

We need to take the battle to every one every time with no pressure. That happens then we will start enjoying it.

When the battle is over and the flag is raised. We will look at the chosen people and be proud that we were there thick and thin. Doesn’t matter what happened yesterday or what will happen tomorrow. All we know is eventually the cream will rise to the top.

No surrender and we are the people.

Remember that.

Tolstoy wasn't a bear and if he'd posted on FF he'd have got ripped a new one :D
"I'll gie ye patience and time ya hairy faced Russian bassa" :mad:

We fuckin must stop 10
End of story !!!

Think we'd all agree on this but if it is effectively getting in the way of restoring the club then I think we've got it arse end forwards. If we focus on them our parameters are wrong, directing us towards a quick fix on the manager front. In that regard that's put us where we are today - located in a polluted inland waterway without an adequate source of propulsion.
It's looking like we need to take at least a medium-term view of this and complement the appointment of the DoF with a manager who will get the very best out of the resources sourced and secured by MA rather than ........................................... a trio of 'managers' who can't.
If we get the right manager for better resources that'll sort the 'other' issue.

This approach is the one that will actually give us the best chance of stopping that 10.

A good manager sorts almost all of this out, I remain convinced of that.

In fact, a really good manager, even one with an inferior budget to the Beggars sorts this out.

Is Gerrard that man?

We have no idea, and that f**king terrifies me.

10 in a row could have been stopped dead in it's tracks this season. But we went with Pedro and the train wreck that followed.

Time to move on. As I recall we once went 25 years without a Scottish Cup win. My point, if I have one, is that these sequences go in cycles. Only hard work will break the cycle and restore the natural order.

Never lose sight of the fact that we are Rangers.

In fact, a really good manager, even one with an inferior budget to the Beggars sorts this out.

Is Gerrard that man?

Thing is nobody knows. All the other names quoted on here come with equal risk.

Is Gerrard that man?

Novabears beat me to it.

I also went for a run today, for the same reasons as op. My conclusion was “what the hell am I doing trying to run? I’m too fat and unfit for this. Just go home fatty”.

Not sure how this helps Rangers though.

That sounds like the attitude of the Rangers players too yesterday "what the hell am I doing trying to play football". Maybe the answer is our players need to go running more

Everyone knows their 10 in a row is fatally flawed.. so no I don’t give a toss about it and agree we focus on ensuring we make incremental positive steps on the pitch each season

For a long time I thought I was the only one that didn't give a shit about 10IAR. Glad to see others see it for what it is.

Like Scott Brown's career, everything won since 2012 is riddled with asterisks. But hey, one thing I learned from a young age about Celtic is that with them, actual sport comes a distant second.

They can have their '10IAR*'. I'm far more worried about us, and always have been.

Back