I would give Ryan Kent a rest on Thursday

He needs a spell out the team like Morelos has. But it really shouldn’t come against Killie away.

He was producing game changing moments in every game at the start of the season. That isn’t really happening for him right now but one thing you always get is the work rate.

I’d start Kent & Jones vs Killie and hope to rest him in an “easier” game at home vs someone (Hamilton 8th Nov).

Last season when he went off form he should have been taken out of the side, but like Alfie, I don’t think there were options to replace him.

Now we have the squad we should be able to bring him on from the bench if needed, but as had been said before away to Killie’s probably not the game to do it.

No need to rest him, unless there’s an injury.

I think Gerrard is certainly culpable of ragging certain players in the past, I’d even argue Borna should have been rested a bit more after the injury he picked up with Croatia and Roofe was probably overused initially given his long lay off, but there’s no need to rest Kent as it stands.
Not that I'm disagreeing with you but when you listen to S.G's interviews he says that most players are picked because of the way the perform at training ,therefore in my opinion they all must bust a gut so that they are selected and if they were off the mark surely he would spot it ,i personallly think all our players want to play in every game at the moment as we are in a good place.

We need to leave behind this “should be enough” mentality.

We’re 6 points clear chasing a title. Strongest side possible every week.

Thankfully the management don't seem to share that mentality, Kent will get a good rest when the Internationals come round.

Thought Kent was fantastic last night. Tracking back to help defensively time and time again as well. He actually snuffed out a few Poznan attacks. Keep it up Kenty

Can have him on the bench against Hamilton and only use him if needed. Then goes into the international break for a rest.

Top players don’t want a rest. Messi is a great example as is Ronaldo. Kent gives us so much even when he’s not electrifying. He takes players out the game, teams double up on him and leave room for others.
He‘s the onLY player we have who does what he does

Did Ryan’s ‘on fire’ type performances correspond with Joe Aribo playing in the front three with him? Maybe once Joe is flying again Ryan on fire will return too?

Top players don’t want a rest. Messi is a great example as is Ronaldo. Kent gives us so much even when he’s not electrifying. He takes players out the game, teams double up on him and leave room for others.
He‘s the onLY player we have who does what he does
Look what a rest did for Alfie , Kent needs a game or two on the bench.

Kent is doing just fine.

People need to remember that he is young and will have inconsistent periods. Additionally he will be one of the first names opposition teams make plans to shut down.

I can’t be arsed reading back through the comments but assume most think he was poor last night. I don’t I think he had an ok game but pass marks from me. He’s still first name on the team sheet for me.

His performances have dropped and he’s carrying the ball a lot now with not as much threat. He needs a game out so he can find his legs again, he looked knackered last night from about 60 mins onwards. Livingston at home was the ideal game to do that but we never, I would rest him against killie and play a forward line of aribo, itten, Morelos.

His form is a concern he has been anonymous these last few games.
It’s not a concern at all, he will pick form up again we all know that, it’s not as if he’s been horrific! Were winning games and on a great run so kent playing the way he is is hardly a concern

I can’t be arsed reading back through the comments but assume most think he was poor last night. I don’t I think he had an ok game but pass marks from me. He’s still first name on the team sheet for me.
Absolutely this, they were a well organised defensive side and we struggled to break down. Nothing to do with dips in form and he will excel in situations where he can freely apply his skills.

Back