Ian Durrant and Tom Millar

derbybear

These two were watching a different game to Alex Rae and Robert McClean.

Watched Rangers TV this morning and it was a far better experience. Pointed out the fact that although we were down if we took one of our chances we would be right back in it. also they didn't forget that we had been making chances whereas the McClean angle was that we were shite and lucky to be on the same park! Tom Miller's always uber positive but Ian Durrant was balanced and appreciative of their good play whilst acknowledging our good points and also some of the not so good.

Loved Durranty's comment when 2-0 down "Like climbing a mountain without a rope"

Rob McLean was brutal last night.

I missed the first 13 minutes and their goal, when I came in we were doing OK but he was making it out that we were getting trampled on all over the park.

I listened to Radio Scotland on the way home from work and the pain in Dick Gordon's voice when we scored the third was delicious. I've never heard a Scottish team's winner in a European tie being greeted with less enthusiasm. He was genuinely gutted that we had scored. Prick.

To be honest that's what you'd expect on RTV. BT arent doing the game solely for rangers fans. The match threads on here beat any commentary for negativity.

Why do people get upset at negative commentators? The match thread with supposed Rangers fans was worse.

I thought we were dead and buried
Yeah I commented just before hagi made it 2-1 to say both teams had carried on their current form with them looking good and we were struggling but some of the stuff getting posted was OTT as it always is on a match thread when we are getting beat or it's a close game.
There is a lot of knee jerk reactions in the heat of the moment generally which is why I don't spend too much time on the match threads as it can piss you off reading them.

I missed the first 13 minutes and their goal, when I came in we were doing OK but he was making it out that we were getting trampled on all over the park.
we were getting trampled onall over the park, we were absolutely honking for 98% of the 1st half, lucky not to have conceded 3 or 4 in the 1st 45

Be honest, we were being outrun, outmuscled all over the park for 65 minutes. But we were contributing to our own downfall by playing the ball short from the back and couldn’t get past their pressing. We made a number of great chances in that period but they all came from going long to bypass the pressing and letting Morelos loose on their back players who had no idea how to cope with that. Our goals came from pressing them high up the pitch. And another thing, a message for Steven Gerrard - don’t use Kamara on a heavy or slippy pitch. He is fine on a good pitch but is unsure of his footing on mud and AstroTurf.

To be fair mate, your talking garbage. He couldn't stop himself laughing with delight after the 3rd goal. Really got to question some on here. Are you not happy after that?

I'm ecstatic mate.

Did you not have your hearing aid in for the first half? He slagged us to bits and was tearing lumps out of Morelos.

The first half wasn't pretty but was far from as bad as he made out

I don't think he comes across as a hater, he's just got quite a low key, droll style.

I don't mind listening to him, he's certainly light years above Crocker for instance who is just a rancid chunt, but he just doesn't add very much. There are games I can remember from years back where the commentary seems part of the action, you can't remember one without the other, but that's never going to be the case with McClean.

I was watching via the internet and I had a stream that had an English guy doing the commentary. It’s amazing the difference when the game is commented on by a true neutral. Envelope in the first half the guy was just excited by the action on offer. Stream went down and I had to find another which unfortunately had Maclean. I’m not sure it was anti Rangers but mire the Scottish thing where it’s overly critical of the football

Don't know why but this made me laugh. :D Mate, the 13 mins and their goal you missed was some evidence of them trampling us all over the park.

tom millar ruins the experience of watching football. Bear or not

You must love Rob McLean and Ian Crocker then.

He gets tough tome on here but he's a great guy and does a good job. I love Tom's commentary, daft wee quirks like tighter than two coats of paint, hes unique and makes it hilarious watching the games.

You must love Rob McLean and Ian Crocker then.

He gets tough tome on here but he's a great guy and does a good job. I love Tom's commentary, daft wee quirks like tighter than two coats of paint, hes unique and makes it hilarious watching the games.

why does that make me love them?

they can all be equally awful

Alex had us playing the away leg next weekend then corrected himself saying it was Tuesday ......jesus wept.

Got to disagree mate.

I thought Rae was good.

Obviously he bemoaned our inability to maintain possession, but everybody inside Ibrox was the exact same.

I like him and think he comes across well.
I dont get it,terrible habit of turning on our own on here.

As much as it would be nice, they can't do a commentary whilst chipping in with the cry was no surrender now and again.

Last night was a game that will go down in Ibrox folklore, not who was commentating on the game. It had it all. The whole emotions of the game packed into 90 mins. Didnt turn out too bad after gerrard was getting sent packing,take the money for morelos and run, along with many others who got both barrels.

It was mental on here, but I had a great time. Football at it's best.

Tom used to get annoying but having met him recently I appreciate the job he does and don't forget they are doing the commentary for radio as well.

I only watch bt when I have no other option, I like Tom's positive attitude hes not everyone's cup of tea but hes miles better than Bt mob apart from Kevin Thomson who's decent.

Good job I wasn't on the TV then cause I would have drove you off your nut. Wasn't happy at all and then a few changes we looked a totally new team.

I was watching through the Bleacher Report who (presumably) take their feed from UEFA and it was their English language commentator. He was complimentary, critical and provided a fair assessment of the game.

We weren't as bad as some made out. The match thread, though, was brutal. It's like watching a different game and it's a free-for-all for abuse.

I watched the RTV highlights this morning. Great to hear Tom/Ian enjoy the game!!

Back