Ian Durrant in bigotry row

How come you never sees leaked videos from scum supporter dos?

Maybe the answer is to hand in phones at the start, and get them returned when you go home

Nothing bigoted about what Durranty said, Pope is head of an organisation who blames the devil for Child abuse undertaken by Priests from his Church.

#AnyPope
Indeed ,the whole world has gone politically correct mad whilst free speech has been eroded to the point of non existence .

People have been pre conditioned to accept the erosion of their rights .

It may be crass to some but the perma offended would have you crucified for expressing any point of view that doesn't hold to their own.

Orwell is alive and well in the 21st century.

Someone needs to tell Tim Minchin and his song %^*& the pope. All religious organisations offer little respect therefore deserve none in return. If he’d said %^*& all catholics then that’s a different matter.

People need to start going to these things and enjoying it without the constant need for attention by posting the resulting pics/videos online to rack up a few likes, because that's all it is.

I personally don't have an issue with Durrant saying FTP, All Religion makes me uneasy as i find it a pile of sh*te but especially that rancid organisation.

Paedos under the guise of God, so i agree with Durrant's sentiments regardless if some may feel it was inappropriate.

Nobody has ever been able to explain to me how saying FTP is bigoted.

He really should know better though.

These type of doos will always have a few numbnuts and rats in the room and I know if I were an ex player I would always be mindful of that and not give Timmy what they WANT. I personally don’t want to hear Rangers people giving it the FTP patter, it’s crass IMO and I really really don’t like the Catholic Church but shouting about it in this fashion makes YOU look bad.

As someone whose forefathers where massacred by his followers in France in the French wars of religion, I can see where Ian is coming from.
The clown who filmed it and then posted it online is a cretin that is doing more harm than good
We all know wee Durranty is one of our own and as such we know he cries No Surrender and all the favorites, the rest of the world doesn’t need to hear him say them

This. It's beyond me why people think it makes you more 'staunch' if you bawl it out, All it does is leave us open to criticism by those who should be in no place to criticise us.
the exact people who you vote for and support:rolleyes:

They want him to repent and go into schools to advise kids not to be bigots, won’t be going into any RC schools then.

See this social media mentality ohh I was there!! I want to post this first nonsense!
Put the phones away keep everything in house like this, x players saying things to get a wee reaction all panto in my eyes but once it reaches the wrong cretins game over. We all know how that lot love playing the victim card.
Although nothing compared to your club having a paedophile ring history!

He probably shouldn't have said but why someone would go to that event, film it and post something that will only cause problems for one of the people you've paid to see is a mystery to me

If Durrant had said ‘I really dislike the pope and all he stands for’, would that be offensive?

Do people in Scotland have to like the pope now? Or are we allowed to dislike him but just not allowed to voice that view?

Or maybe we’re allowed to express our dislike for him but just have to use less coarse language!

Previous poster is right, if it’s acceptable to say f*ck Trump (sentiments I’d echo) and it appears it is then why should the pope get special protection?

He could tell the Phress his English team is Blackburn Rovers and he has a strong dislike of the Burnley goalie for purely football reasons.

Sadly, free speech no longer exists in this country.
Partly due to Social Media and the cretins who share stuff like this on it.

Because you have an intense dislike for an imstitution and/or its figure head and what it represents does not make you a bigot.I dislike the 'pretendy parliament' in Edinburgh intensely,I never voted for it but I am stuck with it.

We live in a democracy where free speech and opinions can be freely expresssed even in colourful language ,even ,shock horror amongst like minded people.

The fact that it is splashed across the front page of a Scottish gutter tag in an attempt to sell newspapers is a disgusting and vile act ,far more loathsome than slagging 'El Papa'.

But we all know who the Rhecord is really trying to tarnish...

Any front page headlines for the ongoing trial in Spain over the Vatican and it's underlings stealing over 300,000 babies and selling them to the rich. It's okay though, they told the birth mothers they had died...

FTP.

The religion of PROTESTANTism is just that it was formed to protest against and usurp the Roman Catholic Chorch and particularly thr Titular head the Pope as much as Jesus rebelled in the temples the hoarding og treasures by the pontiffs was a reason why my church was born FTP is therefore a legitimate and political phrase it only offends those that chose to be offended as a protestant I am offended by orange and hun as these are not statements of politics or relision but purely abusive that is the difference I suspect the story os to deflect from a much more heinous crime which is associated with RC church and its current and past 3 pontiffs at least

Why do so called fans feel the need to film these things then share it on social media. Yes Durrant should know better but the guy who filmed it needs a boot in the baws.

Sorry, you'll have to be more specific.

Can you provide a list of acceptable opinions and language?

SDM's policy of open season on Rangers if you leave him alone failed us badly.

We need to defend the right to defend our heritage.
You tell us what's acceptable.
Ex players saying ftp is hardly very bright. Whether we like it or not things like that are no nos nowadays. Don't film this don't film that. Don't say it. No problem.

Back