Ian Durrant in bigotry row

Anyone who has ever had a conversation with Durrant knows he is not very clever. And he proves itbwith this nonsense, why shout that out when Lee M. is speaking?

A guy who raped kids for 40 years, aided and abetted by Celtic FC, is in court today, yet the papers are running a story about an ex-Rangers player saying %^*& The Pope.

Scotland 2018, where it’s more acceptable to be a paedophile or protect a paedophile than it is to say %^*& a paedophile.
Everyone knows there is a reporting restriction applied to an ongoing court case.

Soon as the court case is over it will all come out.

While we all know the evils of the RC church, you can't really defend a well known Rangers figure coming out with that in a public event. Not in the Scotland we now live in and the headlines it would inevitably attract. We need to be much cleverer than this. Be positive, proclaim what you are, and don't define it by who or what you stand against.

On saying that, whoever filmed it then put it online is a sneaky pr1ck.

Stupid from Durrant who should know better.

However, the fact this is 'headline' news is ridiculous.

The media claim they want rid of sectarianism - "Scotland's shame" and a plague on modern society, yet they make huge deal of situations like this. Only in Scotland would it be headline news. "Sectarianism" sells them papers.

I don't support the SNP son.I'm just saying don't say anything that will be twisted and Rangers good name being tarnished.
where did i say you supported the SNP? That's nowhere! The comment is in reference to another thread where some think it's alright to support us and the SNP!

You tell us what's acceptable.
Ex players saying ftp is hardly very bright. Whether we like it or not things like that are no nos nowadays. Don't film this don't film that. Don't say it. No problem.
He can have an opinion on the head of an organisation that has the ear of the SNP govt and thus an influence of all our everyday lives.

Sheer coincidence that the Torbett trial has started? Durrant was wrong, but no more so than a long list of Barrowfield FC associates who 's actions go unreported by the BBC.

Anyone who has ever had a conversation with Durrant knows he is not very clever. And he proves itbwith this nonsense, why shout that out when Lee M. is speaking?
You must have met a different Durrant as I’ve met him at functions and in the District many a time and he isn’t daft.

You tell us what's acceptable.
Ex players saying ftp is hardly very bright. Whether we like it or not things like that are no nos nowadays. Don't film this don't film that. Don't say it. No problem.

Why shouldn't we or anyone for that matter be allowed to say FTP?

FTQ seems perfectly acceptable and doesn't seem to cause those who use it any bother.

Pedos and corrupt councillors

Nope Ex Rangers player said FTP at a private function, that's your headline

And the guy that filmed that hope you are happy ya prick

BBC reporting Scotland covered Torbett but said the incidents took place at a football ground ‘Barrowfield’ no mention of the tims. Then they covered Durrant showed him scoring for Rangers v Hearts and spoke about his career.

Says it all.

As someone else said earlier, if morons are determined to record and put what goes on at most Sportsmans Dinners up onto social media, they'll all become sterile affairs with everyone watching their p's and q's and desperately trying not to offend anyone.
Most of the popular after dinner speakers material is xxx-rated and that's why most folk love it.
Seems like we're going down the road of appeasement for the perma-offended and above anything else...it probably means curtains for Andy Goram's after dinner speaking career!
:)

To the fella who filmed.....

Hope you are happy with yourself.

To Ian Durrant......

Grow up when your in the spot light.

As much as the Catholic Church on a global scale are a Vile organisation, Durrant should know better.
I expect you don't attend these nights much.
If you do then apologies, but I'd be inclined to ask why, if all you want is a YouTube or Daily record style interview?

Absolute bullshit

You must have met a different Durrant as I’ve met him at functions and in the District many a time and he isn’t daft.
What a load of unadulterated Garbage. you probably have never even met him.

I’ve spoken to ID many many times over the years firstly through Rangers lately at Dumbarton. Talking to him about football is great, funny story’s etc. But anything else not so great, he comes across as a stereotype footballer. Sorry just my opinion, the fact that he made this comment at a dinner shows he’s not the brightest.

Everyone knows there is a reporting restriction applied to an ongoing court case.

Soon as the court case is over it will all come out.

giphy.gif

Of course he can say what he likes, but he then needs to own the consequences of saying what he likes.
consequences for saying feck the head of a church that hid child abuse? should there be consequences for saying that? The pope is also head of the Vatican city a country and organisation that has the ear of our first minister and govt so when we had people with banners and placards when Trump came saying " feck trump" then why can't Durrant say feck the pope?

Those people didn't face consequences so why on earth should Durrant?

He didn't say anything about their religion at all.

Currently we have individuals and groups with signs, placards, or just shouting about who they don't like. F... Trump, F.... May, F.... Brexiteers, F.... the Royal Family.
If someone has the guts to defend themselves and say why the believe in F..... The Pope due to his and his leadership's actions, words, corruption and their other poisonous influences then they are no different from all the other people who have an issue with other world figures. It's a reasonable gut reaction to have - if you explain why you feel it.
Nothing to do with the ordinary flock or bigotry, it's the corrupt and sinister RC leadership you can legitimately dislike.

How dare you speak about a Rangers legend in such a disrespectful manner . Who the fxck are you and what have you done with your life? Ian Durrant can walk into Ibrox , see his name emblazened as Rangers great and walk the marble staircase into any suite where he will be reveered as one of the greats
before watching any game with a prime seat in the directors box . He can do so for the rest of his life .Thats quite clever in my book . I bet you cant you absolute bellend.

Last edited:
He says fux the pope it's media outrage all and sundries.
40,000 tramps sing fux the queen, media and all are very quiet.
I'm just saying, I'm not arguing the right or wrong of durrant or the guy who posted the video however once again we are seeing the RC media machine at work in victim mode

How dare you speak about a Rangers legend in such a disrespectful manner . Who the fxck are you and what have you done with your life? Ian Durrant can walk into Ibrox , see his name emblazened as Rangers great and walk the marble staircase into any suite where he will be reveered then watch any game with a prime seat in the directors box . He can do so for the rest of his life .I bet you cant you absolute bellend.
Don't hold back there fella!
;)

How dare you speak about a Rangers legend in such a disrespectful manner . Who the fxck are you and what have you done with your life? Ian Durrant can walk into Ibrox , see his name emblazened as Rangers great and walk the marble staircase into any suite where he will be reveered as one of the greats
before watching any game with a prime seat in the directors box . He can do so for the rest of his life .Thats quite clever in my book . I bet you cant you absolute bellend.
Calm down Rocky

I expect you don't attend these nights much.
If you do then apologies, but I'd be inclined to ask why, if all you want is a YouTube or Daily record style interview?

No I don't attend these nights at all mate.

The things is there are either complete dafties out there who think it's brilliant Durrant is saying this and think it's a laugh posting it on you tube.

Or

There are people who would happily sell their soul to the devil

Or

There are timposters either among the guests or among staff just hoping for something like this.

The Finbar's O'Fakes will now use this to justify their arsehole anti sectarian groups.

And yet people see no issue to folks saying fck Donald Trump - also a countries head of state...

There’s a huge difference between attaching the person of the president and attacking the institution of the presidency. Most Americans would agree with the first in this case but would be offended by the second. When people spout the FTP nonesense they are hardly attacking Pope Francis personally because they think he is rubbish at his job. They are attacking the very institution.

I have a thoroughly healthy dislike of the Roman Catholic Church, based upon well founded ethical and moral grounds. In my own opinion, a more corrupt, cruel and dishonest organisation you would be hard pushed to find in all the annals of history.

That said, Ian should know better than getting himself caught out in this manner. And as for the arsehole who filmed it and posted it, words fail me.

ArminiusWell-Known MemberOfficial Ticketer
New

As much as the Catholic Church on a global scale are a Vile organisation, Durrant should know better.
I have a thoroughly healthy dislike of the Roman Catholic Church, based upon well founded ethical and moral grounds. In my own opinion, a more corrupt, cruel and dishonest organisation you would be hard pushed to find in all the ANALS of history.

That said, Ian should know better than getting himself caught out in this manner. And as for the arsehole who filmed it and posted it, words fail me.

Changed that for you mate.

It’s my opinion of him that’s all, I don’t find him very intelligent. Great footballer and you’re correct he could climb the marble staircase etc.(maybe not after today?) Dont see him getting a free seat in the directors box anytime soon.
What have I done with my life? What’s that got to do with having an opinion?
FYI I’ve been in the directors box on many occasions, not as many as ID though if that matters.

There’s a huge difference between attaching the person of the president and attacking the institution of the presidency. Most Americans would agree with the first in this case but would be offended by the second. When people spout the FTP nonesense they are hardly attacking Pope Francis personally because they think he is rubbish at his job. They are attacking the very institution.
And why should the institution be granted any sort of special treatment?

Given that particular institutions history, getting told to fck itself is getting off pretty lightly in my view. Mabye if it was fckin itself there wouldn't be so many ruined childhoods in the world.

Say it proud durranty, only wank that should.be taking pelters is the boton that filmed it.

I am so so proud of my heritage something alot of folk shy away from nowadays for an easy life, who would rather condemn our own than get into an argument with a reptile. Welcome to the r.o.s18' Europe's fucking shame!!

%^*& the Pope, republicans, tims and any other manky basturts that want to oppress free speech. Arseholes!!

No surrender, w.a.t.p

Back