Ian Durrant

Probably the most talented Scottish footballer of his generation and afterwards.
One of the most ridiculous thing about Aberdeen dans glorifying his injury is he would have been a world class midfielder playing for their beloved Scotland during 80/90's.

He was featuring at a sportsmans dinner in Blackpool last night with Souness and Bobby Tait, what a cracking guy, and what a fantastic night.
He spoke well last night, great night out.
Stan deserves to take some ribbing though:)
The pioneer was also bouncing in the afternoon.

I remember AC Milan were supposed to be looking at him can't get any higher than that at that time.

Also Gazza said in a Scotland vs England youth game he tore them to bits and Gazza said they couldn't get near him.

He was a phenomenal talent and although was not the same after that injury he was still a special player for us and rightly a legend.

I remember AC Milan were supposed to be looking at him can't get any higher than that at that time.

Also Gazza said in a Scotland vs England youth game he tore them to bits and Gazza said they couldn't get near him.

He was a phenomenal talent and although was not the same after that injury he was still a special player for us and rightly a legend.
And a true Ranger

Story goes that Souness was willing to let Durrant go to sampdoria to further his career as he realized what a special talent he was, two weeks later he had his career robbed by that bastard Simpson.

Wonderful footballer, one of our best ever.
The only thing Simpson is remembered for is the disgraceful, malicious “tackle” of a hatchet journeyman - otherwise he would be completely forgotten. Suppose in his eyes that makes it worthwhile!

Most fans remember the league cup final against the sheep for supers free kick , but my abiding memory was Durrants performance that day , absolutely outstanding .

87/88 is when Durrant hit another level in terms of performance.

We struggled as a team but the wee man won the cup for us against Aberdeen, hit 16 goals from midfield and then single handedly ran Gornik Zabzre ragged with one of the finest individual performances I've saw. All done to a backdrop where he was at loggerheads with Souness, stuck in a transfer request and looked to be on his way out to Italy.

We struggled as a team but the wee man won the cup for us against Aberdeen, hit 16 goals from midfield and then single handedly ran Gornik Zabzre ragged with one of the finest individual performances I've saw. All done to a backdrop where he was at loggerheads with Souness, stuck in a transfer request and looked to be on his way out to Italy.

I always remember his run down the wing in the 92nd minute against Celtic when we were down to 9 men to set up Gough's equaliser. What a player.

I just wish I was young enough to see him at best at 26 can vaguely remember end of his time with us. Thankfully have all the old DVDs

What a player, some of those runs by coop however were out of this world , players falling left and right and the bold yin breezes through

Durrant would have reached the highest level of the European game but for that scumbag Simpson. He should have been kicked out of the game for a year for that assault. Appalling tackle from an appalling individual.

Did Ian play for Scotland at youth level? I can’t mind this. No doubting younas my memory is getting worse.

My first rangers - them game

Broke my hand on the morning of that game, spent my time in casualty at Sou Gen getting a stookie on before rushing to Hampden just got in for ko.

Bro in law who had set about my wee heavily pregnant sis in law the previous night had a very sore face for a few weeks afterwards.

The performance against Gornik was breathtaking ... loved the wee man

Outstanding talent. A player who knew where to be all the time. Would have gone on to be world class.

When we have threads on here like , "Who was better, Baxter/Laudrup/Gazza" ? (any combination) I always think that Ian Durrant would be in that debate every time if not for the vile actions of that SSB.

My first rangers - them game
Brilliant video, brilliant game, brilliant atmosphere with all the songs (plus my own hero of the time big Ted playing).

Best memory of Durrant-either after that game or Aberdeen one following year, can’t recall-after cup presentation up on cammy Fraser’s shoulders punching air and singing along to bb with the fans. Good times...

Back