Ian Ferguson Testimonial

BunkMoreland

Official Ticketer
This was one of the first games my dad took me to.

I cannot remember much of the game, does anyone have information regarding it?

Team line ups, score etc?

Cheers

This was my first game and sure it was 3-1 victory vs Sunderland. I’m sure GVB scored on the night, that’s my memory of it.

My favourite Ferguson.

The man is class.
Love Barry but I just love Ian more. His might in Falkirk was brilliant asked him to sign my top didn’t want to take to long, then asked my name to say who to etc and spoke for 5/10 minutes afterwards. Was just after our 4/0, 5/0 hammerings asking if I was there I’m sure and you could tell it was hurting him also

I remember my Dad going and never mentioning it to me until after. Twat

I'd love us to play Sunderland or Newcastle again

I have always looked up to IF and if I'm honest, respected and been a bit in awe of him. I finally met him at a night in the louden and have to say that it was one of the best moments I've had meeting a player/legend. An absolute legend but brilliant to talk to.

Took up most of the Broomloan Front

They did that I was in Govan Front near them and both the Rangers fans and Sunderland support created a great atmosphere for a friendly.

First time I had seen Mols play and he looked electric with the ball at his feet, oh what could have been.

Ian ferguson. The boy from the east end, in the shadow of our most hated rival. The man who loved the rangers. Loved his dream and became one of our clubs most decorated players.

a fantastic footballer with a rocket of a shot and a will to win that was unrivalled in a he side.

my 2 favourite players growing up? Mark Hateley and Ian ferguson. I used to leave the right side of my shirt out of my shorts playing football to replicate him. He says it brought him good luck.
A true rangers legend.

They did that I was in Govan Front near them and both the Rangers fans and Sunderland support created a great atmosphere for a friendly.

First time I had seen Mols play and he looked electric with the ball at his feet, oh what could have been.

Yeah he did anf yes what could have been with Mols

He was subbed in his own testimonial, I know that rankled with Fergie, he mentioned it a few times after it.

Ian was a magnificent servant for Rangers.

Still got the boxed tumbler from Ian's testimonial dinner. IIRC big Eck spoke & Walter flew up from Everton's game. Saw him at Clyde & every round for Saints, including the cup final win partly as he was my neighbour's team-mate. True Blue.

He was subbed to allow the crowd to give him a ovation ffs

It rankled with him, it’s unusual for a player to be subbed in his own testimonial.

He mentioned in an interview about not being part of Advocaats plans, being subbed in my own testimonial was a big clue.

It rankled with him, it’s unusual for a player to be subbed in his own testimonial.

He mentioned in an interview about not being part of Advocaats plans, being subbed in my own testimonial was a big clue.
I thought it was fairly standard practice particularly at a club with a Subway loyal.

met him quite a few times up at the Bristol.he popped in an odd sunday before we left for the boat.
great guy and rangers legend .
never had much conv with him though other than the polite intro as I have never liked getting into the player's space when bumping into them .they are normal people and deserve privacy and respect.attended the Fergie loyal do one one occasion when he brought big Wilson and the hammer up.quite a night and scott liked to sing ;)

Back