Ian Maxwell and Neil Lennon going at it over Dubai protocols

The fact that this is still warping Lennon is really, really funny to me.
A reputation built up over 20 years, playing the victim, being "one of them", "Celtic minded".

A Celtic fan who happened to be good enough to play for and manage the club.

Back to lead his boyhood club to the much sung about 10 in a row.

All of it up in smoke and his "Celtic minded" brothers and sisters can't look at him now without being reminded of the fact they have wasted 9 seasons.

Good enough for him.

The fact that this is still warping Lennon is really, really funny to me.
There is always someone else for Lennon to blame though - and eventually the Celtic supporting element will settle for it being the SFA/SPFL and them somehow changing the rules on Celtic and some punishment that hamstrung their title challenge.

Nobody can point to any stringent punishment that was handed out to Celtic but they harp on about it.

The approval was for a trip to a different country. They changed to Dubai some time later
I know that, you know that, and they know that. It never stopped him trying to use that poor excuse as Jordan ripped him live on TalkSport though. His pain is glorious.

The bold neil there, eh? Looking really fucking stupid there.

Glad Ian Maxwell actually had answers back for him, that crushes the wee “oppressed, it wiz only us who got treatit unfairly” myth.

The simple answer then, as it is now, was dont go to fucking Dubai in the middle of a worldwide pandemic for pints by the pool, you cretin.

Lennon (frankly, like a LOT of people) doesn't understand the difference between guidance and rules/laws. It's really that simple.

They're so desperate to be hard done to when things go against them that they just don't listen to even try and understand why they're wrong.

One of the most enjoyable moments for me last season was Lennon's press conference after his isolation period post Dubai. You could just tell he'd spent the last 10 days absolutely stewing over it in an alcohol soaked rage.

The performance he put on, blaming everyone and everything but himself, whilst completely contradicting the apology given for the trip by his CEO a day or two earlier was one for the ages. It's up there in my favourite laugh at Lennon moments with his the booting of the water bottles in Inverness a decade ago.

This “we had approval” argument is mental.

If someone lets you into a pub and you start smashing the place up once inside saying “aye, but you let me in” isn’t really a defence.

Aye, you got permission to go to Dubai. But not to break just about every single protocol once you got there.

One of the most enjoyable moments for me last season was Lennon's press conference after his isolation period post Dubai. You could just tell he'd spent the last 10 days absolutely stewing over it in an alcohol soaked rage.

The performance he put on, blaming everyone and everything but himself, whilst completely contradicting the apology given for the trip by his CEO a day or two earlier was one for the ages. It's up there in my favourite laugh at Lennon moments with his the booting of the water bottles in Inverness a decade ago.

The air quotes were possibly the highlight of season for me.

There is always someone else for Lennon to blame though - and eventually the Celtic supporting element will settle for it being the SFA/SPFL and them somehow changing the rules on Celtic and some punishment that hamstrung their title challenge.

Nobody can point to any stringent punishment that was handed out to Celtic but they harp on about it.

An absolute certainty. That John Kennedy openly admitted that they breached Covid rules in Dubai, yet they want to blame someone else, says it all.

2 important games.
You finished 25 points behind..
Get over it you bellend ,you have never won a league title with Rangers in it ,without some sort of help.
The irony of this is astounding.
Always cheated never defeated

There has been a clear publicity campaign over the last few days, he’s trying to make it look like the Dubai fallout caused them to lose the league.

Lets not forget they only dropped 4 points as a result and finished 25 behind

The bold neil there, eh? Looking really fucking stupid there.

Glad Ian Maxwell actually had answers back for him, that crushes the wee “oppressed, it wiz only us who got treatit unfairly” myth.

The simple answer then, as it is now, was dont go to fucking Dubai in the middle of a worldwide pandemic for pints by the pool, you cretin.
Spot on, in a way glad Maxwell was on that to make him look stupid although its not a hard thing to fo

Maxwell should have pulled him up about the poolside photos and then ended the convo with “ look ya wee dick, we tried helping you by not punishing your club and you still arsed the league, that’s on you, you lost, now deal with it ya Alky jakeball”

This “we had approval” argument is mental.

If someone lets you into a pub and you start smashing the place up once inside saying “aye, but you let me in” isn’t really a defence.

Aye, you got permission to go to Dubai. But not to break just about every single protocol once you got there.
They got permission to go to Turkey.

They never even asked for permission to go to Dubai.

A reputation built up over 20 years, playing the victim, being "one of them", "Celtic minded".

A Celtic fan who happened to be good enough to play for and manage the club.

Back to lead his boyhood club to the much sung about 10 in a row.

All of it up in smoke and his "Celtic minded" brothers and sisters can't look at him now without being reminded of the fact they have wasted 9 seasons.

Good enough for him.
They went for the cheap option even tho they knew what was at stake.

The bottom line to all of this will always be "well you shouldn't have went to Dubai"

Country about to be fully locked down for the second time that year, but they thought it was a good decision to go. Reap what ye sow Neic.

In all honesty. That’s just embarrassing from all parties.

Why the Chief Executive of the SFA is pissing about on a radio show is idiotic.

Lennon is just covering his tracks also to take heat off his failings. Victim mode always on
It’s not a bad thing in isolation, if the organisation was actually ran well then having access to the people within it is a good thing.

Having any of them on and not bombarding them with questions on what they’re actually doing is just cowardly journalism.

Back