Ian McCall to be new Thistle manager

Just checked and his 9th job. Actually thought he had more.

Didn’t realise he was out the game for a 4 year period before Ayr. Unless he was coaching elsewhere in some capacity.

Mental decision for him considering where ayr and partick are in the league

He's overachieved with Ayr and they continue to lose their best players so things will only get harder. Realistically he is not going to ever take Ayr up. He will have a much bigger budget with Thistle and will earn a lot more too. He also lives near the stadium. I can see why he would take the job.

Ian McCall was a Ranger that for some irrational reason I just couldn't take to as a player. Can't really explain why, to be honest. Stuart McCall, however, was a different story.

He has never made any secret that he would live to go back to Thistle before he finished managing. He has alway had an affinity to them and his boy is a season ticket holder there.
Good move for Thistle I think.

I must be one of the few how actually doesn’t mind him. He always comes across as fair in bbc Scotland on the radio. He’s also down brilliant with Ayr over the past few years.

Ian McCall was a Ranger that for some irrational reason I just couldn't take to as a player. Can't really explain why, to be honest. Stuart McCall, however, was a different story.

Only thing I can really recall from his time as I was young at the time was a tremendous goal against Hibs at the Copland Rd end.

Is Sandy Stewart still with Ayr, last I heard he worked alongside Owen Coyle but then picked up a coaching job at Ayr.

Strange choice by McCall but money does indeed talk. Hopefully this won't hinder the development of young Kelly who is doing well there on loan from us.

How mccall keeps getting jobs is a mystery to me

how he managed to get games with us is a mystery, 1 goal against hibs aside he was crap and had the misfortune of standing next to him at Ian Durrant's testimonial dinners, less said the better.

Hopefully for the sake of Stephen Kelly and the chances of Dundee Hibs staying down, Ayr show some ambition and make decent appointment in, given the good position they’re in.

If McCall had won promotion with Ayr, much bigger clubs than PTFC would have been knocking at his door. He should have been patient.

Hopefully for the sake of Stephen Kelly and the chances of Dundee Hibs staying down, Ayr show some ambition and make decent appointment in, given the good position they’re in.
Sandy Stewart has been appointed interim manager, I can see him getting this role for as long as results are still going in their favour. He will most certainly look after Kelly, who he compares to a young Durrant

Couple of good games for dunfermline and souness signed him was it not.
Lazy player, that still looks lazy.
He needs to smarten himself up

Lives literally across the other side of Maryhill Road from Partick Thistle. Can amble down the steps to get to work now.

Back