Ianis Hagi... Rangers captain?

This is the first generation of fans I have seen who are so obsessed over who is captain. I don’t remember ever thinking Gazza should be captain, Laudrup or De Boer. The 2 big incidents around captaincy in my time have been Amoruso being stripped of the arm band for Ferguson and then Le Guen losing his marbles and giving it to Gavin Rae. The fascination with giving a player who has had a few good games the arm band when we have a suitable captain is weird.
No, it's not weird, no one advocated making Hagi captain on Sunday. Have you noticed our regular shitshows? Our regular 180 about-faces, one game we look terrific, the next we look horrific? Some fans see a problem in our attitude in those games and think a leader on the pitch could go some way to reducing the occurrence and look to the captain as the on-field leader. As these games have happened under the current captain then it's logical to wonder what a change could do.
Weird would be watching it happen and thinking nothing needs to change.

Did you see his reaction after his first?
This boy is dynamite. He has it all. Two footed. Skillfull. Passionate. £4m.
Knows how the game should be played. He'll play for Barcelonna or Real Madrid one day. Maybe both, one day, like his dad.
And you can tell all that from a nice goal and a deflection? Outstanding stuff, :)) Stop trying to put pressure on him and let him develope into a first team pick first

Chased everything
Always wanted the ball
Was all over the referee when necessary
Constantly looked forward, never sideways/back
The youngest on the park yet he was the one telling every single player and the fans to get the finger out at 2-1.

I’ve had my fair experience of leadership in my time, this boy has everything a true leader needs.
I would have subbed him at ht as the game was being played past him, not his fault but it needed changing

No, it's not weird, no one advocated making Hagi captain on Sunday. Have you noticed our regular shitshows? Our regular 180 about-faces, one game we look terrific, the next we look horrific? Some fans see a problem in our attitude in those games and think a leader on the pitch could go some way to reducing the occurrence and look to the captain as the on-field leader. As these games have happened under the current captain then it's logical to wonder what a change could do.
Weird would be watching it happen and thinking nothing needs to change.
No definitely weird, let’s make a guy who’s played 4 games and is on loan captain. The captains armband didn’t cause any dropped points since the piggery, as I’ve said I’ve seen plenty of terrible seasons and have never seen our fan base have a fascination over a captain before. I think Gerrard knows more about captain material than anyone on this board.

Let's not get carried away here , Hagi has made a very impressive start . Loved his reaction after scoring the first knew we had to up the tempo even more and winding the crowd up as he run back was good.
Reports from Belgium was had all the talent but didn't like the fight .What I've seen so far looks like he loves a battle so those comments seem way of the mark .
If he carries on impressing and we do manage to get him on a contract things could be interesting next season as I think SG will have to change our style of play to get the best out of him basically using him as a traditional No 10 rather than this dual No10 we seem to favour .Might not be a bad thing as feel we need someone like him to break down this anti football tactics most teams play against us in Scotland.
So to sum up looks a player and could be SG final piece of the jigsaw.
BTW as for captain in my view the next captain should be Jack sooner rather than later and that's no slight on Tav just think we need a moaning faced bastard in the middle to get into the refs ear and Jacks that man in my view

He's in the old shop window, at genk/t nobody cares what he does, comes to us dose well might get a stupid bid from the epl/championship, win/win.

Stop what? Telling the truth?
What is this modern misconception that an opinion = the truth
The truth is we were one down at half time
That is a verifiable fact
It's your opinion that we could have been seven down
That's not a fact it's simply what you choose to believe
A couple of questions
In almost 150 years of history and what must be more than 5,000 games have Rangers ever been 7 down at half time?
How many times has any full time team anywhere been 7 down at half time?
That's why I think your opinion has no merit

Knows how the game should be played. He'll play for Barcelonna or Real Madrid one day. Maybe both, one day, like his dad.
FFS talk about about getting carried away, Loan Player, yeah looks the part £5M to buy and he is a captain?? FF FF SS

We all need to calm the hype with this lad. Granted he looks like he has a talent but there are lots of things he needs to improve on.
From what I have seen he often loses track of his man defensively when protecting his full back and also he really doesn't have any pace to speak of.
He has started his loan spell well but calling for him to be captain is absolutely outrageous.

:D

He’s never a captain.

We moan at Tav not being the vocal leader. You think the loanee winger is the answer?

Goldson and Jack would be the voices outfield, if Tav ever was to go. (I think he’s here forever)
He’s not a winger... but you’re right it’s a bit premature. I’d be happy to build a team round him for 3 years before he heads to Spain or Italy.

Cracking player, no doubt about that but at no point so far has the possibility of him becoming captain even crossed my mind.

Tav is fine as captain, but would be Ryan Jack for me

He was captain for the team he was playing for in Romania at 17. Just saying, he's obviously got leadership qualities.

Wow..... Chill out. I tempted to trawl theough some of your Kent posts!

This post is utter madness. With the right coaching he can be a good player. Everything else is hyperbole.

He was also missing for 65 minutes. It was a great result but lets not get carried away. We could have been 7 down at half time.
Missing?

He played some excellent passes that should have lead to goals - if they did people would be raving about hagis first half. Can't blame him because the end product, which he had nothing to do with, was unsuccessful.

A bit early for that kind of talk yet. There are others in the team more deserving of the armband.

Lets just see how he progresses, we had people saying lets pay what ever they want for people like goss, toral, oduwa, not saying hagi isnt a good player but lets see how it is at the end of the season

This is why we can't have nice things. The boy has been here for 5 minutes and we want him to be captain. Another 3 weeks and he has a poor game and we will be shouting for him to be dropped.

This is why we can't have nice things. The boy has been here for 5 minutes and we want him to be captain. Another 3 weeks and he has a poor game and we will be shouting for him to be dropped.
"He's been f.ucking pish tonight" etc. :D

Lets just see how he progresses, we had people saying lets pay what ever they want for people like goss, toral, oduwa, not saying hagi isnt a good player but lets see how it is at the end of the season
Point taken. I don't actually think anyone ever said it about Toral, though. LOL.

Why put that added pressure on him, granted he's got a bit of fight about him and wants to win but just let him do what he's doing and let his performances lift the team.

Back