Ianis Hagi... Rangers captain?

apart from his undoubted skill he definitely showed the right attitude tonight, in a kind of no surrender way

Chased everything
Always wanted the ball
Was all over the referee when necessary
Constantly looked forward, never sideways/back
The youngest on the park yet he was the one telling every single player and the fans to get the finger out at 2-1.

I’ve had my fair experience of leadership in my time, this boy has everything a true leader needs.

Chased everything
Always wanted the ball
Was all over the referee when necessary
Constantly looked forward, never sideways/back
The youngest on the park yet he was the one telling every single player and the fans to get the finger out at 2-1.

I’ve had my fair experience of leadership in my time, this boy has everything a true leader needs.
He was also missing for 65 minutes. It was a great result but lets not get carried away. We could have been 7 down at half time.

Come on 7 down you are having a laugh
Have you not watched the other games he has played since he arrived?
Also, seven down at half time? Really?
Clearly the result has masked your memory from the first hour. We were pish and it took a goal to lift us. That mob were takimg the piss and it was only their wasteful final 3rd play that kept us in it. This shite happens after every decent result. World beaters. Then 4 days later the same khonts are calling for Gerrard's head. People need to get a grip on reality.

Yes. Fckin SEVEN.

Captain is a ridiculous shout, but I think he's far more talented than pretty much any player in this country. If he had pace, he'd be going right to the top, but for now I hope he stays here and we mould him into more of a central attacking role as he'll get huge numbers of goals and assists in Scotland.

Clearly the result has masked your memory from the first hour. We were pish and it took a goal to lift us. That mob were takimg the piss and it was only their wasteful final 3rd play that kept us in it. This shite happens after every decent result. World beaters. Then 4 days later the same khonts are calling for Gerrard's head. People need to get a grip on reality.

Yes. Fckin SEVEN.

Tell me the seven clear cut chances they had in the first half, mind I have my bed to go tooFFS .

Jesus Christ
A player getting the crowd going after scoring a goal isn’t captain material

The desperation to anoint Hagi as the second coming on here by some is ridiculous.
Probably the same people who were telling us saying Kent would win us the league and are now wanting him dropped and calling him a disgrace
Let the kid play the season and then see if he’s worth spending £5m on

Easy to jump on the op with a title like that. It’s premature in the extreme, but I see where he’s coming from. Hagi was doing a fair bit of organising from what I seen. Pushing guys back and forward etc. An influential figure at the least.

This is him at the end asking the ref if he's been credited with the winner.
gn300s.png

The ref confirmed it for him with a nod.

Was guilty of constantly giving away possession in the first 15 minutes, his performance thereafter was wonderful.

That shows us all that irrespective of his shaky start, he has the confidence to continue to try and make a difference.

Well done young man

Did you see his reaction after his first?
This boy is dynamite. He has it all. Two footed. Skillfull. Passionate. £4m.
Knows how the game should be played. He'll play for Barcelonna or Real Madrid one day. Maybe both, one day, like his dad.

Captain? :D:D:D

Time for bed mate.

In those 65 minutes he was apparently missing, he should have had 3 assists if not for poor finishing from Alfredo.
Mate, some people are never happy unless we win every game 6-0 and every player has a blinder.

In those 65 minutes he was apparently missing, he should have had 3 assists if not for poor finishing from Alfredo.
Mate, some people are never happy unless we win every game 6-0 and every player has a blinder.

On Hagi great player to bhonest in the first half never really done his job left to much space down the wing just my opinion . Second half he was much better player first goal was a cracker. In the first half’s thought shagger and big Katic got pass marks.

Jesus Christ.

If you think showing passion is your primary requirement for captaincy in a professional football club - you’ve clearly not got a clue what leadership is about.

Yes. Fckin SEVEN.
If we took our chances we could have had a few. We didn’t, so we didn’t have a few. They didn’t either.

He had a great last 30 mins,first half he was nowhere,he wasn't working hard enough when we never had the ball.
Credit to him for his last 30 though,as on the ball he can make things happen.

Yes. Fckin SEVEN.

Uses a logic at one end of the pitch but not the other. We created plenty of chances ourselves in that first half that we should have scored from too. I assume thats not factored in to your pish predictions aye?

I even think your being overly harsh on the first half performance. Yes it was lower energy than required and they certainly changed that in the 2nd half, but we were far from an embaressment. It is clear Braga are a very good and they played that way. And being 2 down to 2 excellent finishes from outside the box? These things happen! What doesnt just happen: coming back from 2 down to win in europe!

We should just feel lucky to be back on this stage. We did amazing to get to the groups, incredibly to get through the hardest group. Anything else is a bonus for fan enjoyment, player moral, coefficient, and financially!

How much do you reckon the club earned for winning last night?

I think that £4 million cheque will be getting prepared as we speak we have relied on Morelos having a blinder in these games in the past and to be fair to him he has done well over the piece however Hagi has shown he can also take a European game by the baws

Did you see his reaction after his first?
This boy is dynamite. He has it all. Two footed. Skillfull. Passionate. £4m.
Knows how the game should be played. He'll play for Barcelonna or Real Madrid one day. Maybe both, one day, like his dad.

Im thinkingthis every time i see him too. The way he conducts himself on the field, how vocal he is, how he talks to tav to help and advise. His presence is incredible considering hes a youngster on loan.

But i think the boy gets us. And loves us! 3 steps after scoring his first goal for us he fell in love with Rangers. He's here for the long run.

Im not calling for Tav to be replaced. But if he is in 5 years time, Hagi would be well in the running if his time heare so far is anything to go by!

Ibrox baby!

Back