Article Ianis Inspires Insipid Rangers - Rangers 2 v 0 Livingston - Premier Sports Quarter Final, Wednesday 22nd September

mdingwall

Administrator
Didn’t think we were ‘insipid’ first half, just much better in the second. I thought our movement was excellent the whole game.

I thought our first half last night was one of, if not the worst, half of football we have played under Gerrard, particularly considering the piss poor opposition.

I thought our first half last night was one of, if not the worst, half of football we have played under Gerrard, particularly considering the piss poor opposition.

Livingston are one of the bets drilled teams in the league.

They didn't get a single shot off during the game and we made several good chances in each half.

First half for me was very flat and laboured midfield was not creative enough a much improved second 45mns though

Pretty negative headline to put it mildly. Week in, week out playing against 11-man defensive walls. Livingston were arguably buoyant coming off a victory against the filth and were completely nullified (ok, perhaps by their own tactics) as an attacking force by Rangers.

The first have was dreary, yes, but a vast improvement in the second was there for all to see.

‘Inspired Hagi unlocks Livi’ or something. That headline is what we would expect to see on the back page of a MSM rhag.

Pretty negative headline to put it mildly. Week in, week out playing against 11-man defensive walls. Livingston were arguably buoyant coming off a victory against the filth and were completely nullified (ok, perhaps by their own tactics) as an attacking force by Rangers.

The first have was dreary, yes, but a vast improvement in the second was there for all to see.

‘Inspired Hagi unlocks Livi’ or something. That headline is what we would expect to see on the back page of a MSM rhag.
Insipid - “lacking vigour or interest”.

I’d say that pretty much summed up the 1st half performance last night.

We were vastly improved in the 2nd half but the 1st half was a hard watch IMO.

Aribo is getting an easy ride just now, he’s got a shot on him, very rarely uses it. Last night to busy trying to be twinkles toes, near the penalty area, and his passing was well into the negatives, looks like needs a shot on the bench.

We were poor in the first half, very sloppy and almost lethargic, but we should have been two goals up, the second half performance was very good, and if we can combine the first half against Motherwell with the second half last night, someone’s getting gubbed.

We have been crying out for him for weeks now.

Just getting more physical and mentallity of wining will help him develop when he goes to a less physical league. I don't want to lose him but unfortunately he will.

Agree. Boring beyond belief.
I sat at half time thinking that this would be yet another game we walked away from thinking that was shite.

2nd half was better thanks to Hagi.

Ianis Inspires Insipid Rangers - Rangers 2 v 0 Livingston - Premier Sports Quarter Final, Wednesday 22nd September
Very accurate report, IMO.

Back