Ibrox 2022 Project

They used hampden not so long ago so the city is clearly up to spec - not sure what this hotel rule is. Where is the nearest digs to Hampden?

There has to be an availability of x thousand hotel rooms around the event. No idea what figure x represents but its proven a problem in the past.

Just a simple suggestion but what about a DVD for sale telling all or most of the history since 1872.
A share of the proceeds could go towards funding the Edmiston house rebuild. Or whatever?
There are a few good people on here that do good videos so let them have a bash at putting this together for the 150th celebrations. I expect some folk are already starting on a book/s?

If a bar/cafe was to be introduced, they could rent it out for wedding receptions, corporate meetings,
conferences during non match days.
I am guessing if there was to be a bar, then there will be membership fees for match days which a lot wont afford. Plus the cost of a pint will be too dear for a lot as well :)

Just a simple suggestion but what about a DVD for sale telling all or most of the history since 1872.
A share of the proceeds could go towards funding the Edmiston house rebuild. Or whatever?
There are a few good people on here that do good videos so let them have a bash at putting this together for the 150th celebrations. I expect some folk are already starting on a book/s?

If a bar/cafe was to be introduced, they could rent it out for wedding receptions, corporate meetings,
I am guessing if there was to be a bar, then there will be membership fees for match days which a lot wont afford. Plus the cost of a pint will be too dear for a lot as well :)

What's a DVD?

They used hampden not so long ago so the city is clearly up to spec - not sure what this hotel rule is. Where is the nearest digs to Hampden?
You can also drive a bus straight into Hampden which I believe is a requirement.Could be wrong though

Do people still buy DVD's ?

Would probably lose more seats than gain. Sw5 of the enclosure is behind the corner flag and faces directly onto bf1. Same for the main stand above.

Id like to turn the Copland into a massive stand like in Dortmund. Big steep wall of noise and colour
Having been to a game at the new Spurs ground and being in their stand like this, I fully concur. Sensational.

Sadly it will never happen at our club :(

Been explained a thousand times on here, modern engineering makes anything possible, but given the cost of doing the corners would make it financially stupid. Stadium is fine as it is capacity wise.

When the club is selling circa 45k in season tickets and full houses against clubs like hamilton, dundee, livingston etc every second week all against tge backdrop of our rivals winning the last 9 major trophies, 8 titles in a row added to us not winning a trophy in over 7 years.

I think its safe to say we could be doing with a larger capacity to accommodate more fans.

If we're doing something with Edmiston House we'd want to get a bit of a move on. It'll take a good while to bring that building up to scratch.
That building needs brought to the ground....we need to redevelop a bespoke facility and also get a some hold onto the fitba facility in front of main stand.

Filling in the other corners with safe standing would be a priority for me

I’m sure I read years ago the corners can’t be filled in with seats which is why we have screens , something to do with support beams being needed . But perhaps technology has moved on , not my field . Would certainly be great if it could be done

But who is going outwith matchdays? You're not going to get passing trade in the Ibrox area. I realise the stadium tours would bring in business, and there would be an increase in tourists during the summer, but is that really enough to make it turn an annual profit?
Simple answer is no, same reason that the Louden only opens on match days and even Eric Morley couldn’t make Edmiston house work.
A small museum/ display would be ok as part of a stadium tour ending in the club shop but a dedicated museum would be a complete white elephant.

The three newer stands stood on there own before they filled the corners , l cannot understand why the corners could not be removed and replaced with seated or standing corners. Can you imagine the atmosphere with an extra 7,000 or so under the same roof line.

Pedestrianise outside the Main Stand

Remove street lights that spoil the photos of our iconic stadium frontage

Install blue uplighting to light the area and the stadium frontage

Fan engagement in the new pedestrainised area

That lot would hardly cost the Glasgow City Council of Tims much at all

Will any of it happen with that nest of snake crash barriers in city halls. Will it f**k.

The three newer stands stood on there own before they filled the corners , l cannot understand why the corners could not be removed and replaced with seated or standing corners. Can you imagine the atmosphere with an extra 7,000 or so under the same roof line.
Where are we playing games whilst this is happening? Or are we just going at part capacity

Simple answer is no, same reason that the Louden only opens on match days and even Eric Morley couldn’t make Edmiston house work.
A small museum/ display would be ok as part of a stadium tour ending in the club shop but a dedicated museum would be a complete white elephant.
Having worked for NTS you’d be amazed at how much of a shoestring budget you can run even a reasonable sized museum on, especially with volunteers to supplement the couple of full time staff necessary. There would also be grants available at both the Scottish and UK level for such a venture, if it was properly installed.

Safe standing in the Broomloan Front, regenerate the surrounding area especially the trees on Edmiston Drive and pedestrianise it.

Not many young people buy DVDs anymore mate unless you’re older. Young folk wouldn’t buy a DVD in this day and age.

Been explained a thousand times on here, modern engineering makes anything possible, but given the cost of doing the corners would make it financially stupid. Stadium is fine as it is capacity wise.
Stad
Safe standing in the Broomloan Front, regenerate the surrounding area especially the trees on Edmiston Drive and pedestrianise it.
i wouldnt have safe standing at the broomloan then your at risk of having to give away fans your safe standing at cup games , can you imagine us against the tims in the cup at Ibrox and having to give that lot our standing area

Not sure about the need for a museum, our whole Main Stand is like one, absolutely steeped in history. Done the Barca tour/ museum and it was sterile and plastic looking compared to our wonderful trophy room, managers office, blue room etc.

Edmiston House is asbestos ridden. This will rise in cost and it's difficult to remove and dispose of. I would like to see the South side roadway split into two way traffic and the roadway nearest the stadium along with the central reservation pedestrianised. I would like to see soft coloured lighting along the front.

We'd probably struggle to get the visitor numbers to justify that during the tourist season, never mind on a wet Tuesday in February. I'm fairly sure the club would have already done the sums on all these ideas.
The club would need to partnership with other local tourist organisations to make it sustainable

Museums are shite in my book.

Most people will pay in once then never return.

Now I’ve no idea if this is possible but something like a virtual reality arcade where you can experience memorable moments we’ve had in our history in virtual reality would be innovative and would get people spending their dosh.

Winner.
I tend to agree about a museum.

We need repeat business facilities. As you say a museum would be a one off visit for most people. You're not going to keep going back, so financially not great in the long run.

Some sort of virtual reality arcade set up could work though.

Im not to sure of a museum either ,a fans cafe /bar and function rooms ,a club shop and proper ticket office in edmiston house would be ideal

Edmiston House is asbestos ridden. This will rise in cost and it's difficult to remove and dispose of. I would like to see the South side roadway split into two way traffic and the roadway nearest the stadium along with the central reservation pedestrianised. I would like to see soft coloured lighting along the front.
I'm sure it's been mentioned on here that the asbestos is being removed from Edmiston house just now

Asbestos is not difficult to remove under the proper guidelines

A sports bar which is kid friendly , would be spot on , do some food etc before and after games , burgers etc all names after former players for different styles , hold speakers nights in it etc and open for away games and euro nights. Function rooms for party’s etc , soft play area for the mums and kids while the Dads are at the fitba :cool:

A sports bar which is kid friendly , would be spot on , do some food etc before and after games , burgers etc all names after former players for different styles , hold speakers nights in it etc and open for away games and euro nights. Function rooms for party’s etc , soft play area for the mums and kids while the Dads are at the fitba :cool:
Would you not rather the Club done something that made a profit ?

Asbestos is not difficult to remove under the proper guidelines

You are correct however it's an extra financial cost iirc. Under H and S guidelines I'm sure that you can only work in that type of environment for a small amount of time each day and you have to burden the cost of the disposal. No matter what, it needs done imo.

You are correct however it's an extra financial cost iirc. Under H and S guidelines I'm sure that you can only work in that type of environment for a small amount of time each day and you have to burden the cost of the disposal. No matter what, it needs done imo.

You'd be amazed at the number of council buildings which are maintained and upgraded and are covered with asbestos.

Renovating it can often be far cheaper than demolishing it and building a new structure. I deal with it almost daily in my line of work.

If the internal layout of the building is sufficient / can be altered enough for the new plan, renovating it is the best option. You can clad the outside to have it looking modern as required.

You'd be amazed at the number of council buildings which are maintained and upgraded and are covered with asbestos.

Renovating it can often be far cheaper than demolishing it and building a new structure. I deal with it almost daily in my line of work.

If the internal layout of the building is sufficient / can be altered enough for the new plan, renovating it is the best option. You can clad the outside to have it looking modern as required.

Do you think that EH is a doable project?

Back