Ibrox 2022 Project

You are correct however it's an extra financial cost iirc. Under H and S guidelines I'm sure that you can only work in that type of environment for a small amount of time each day and you have to burden the cost of the disposal. No matter what, it needs done imo.
Anyone working with asbestos has to go through vigorous training before hand. Even when working with it, unless your employer has no regard to safety, your PPE will protect you from it. I worked on a ship riddled with asbestos and it was 100% safe to do so, so Edmiston House will be alright.

Has it been costed ?
Given the amount of work and re-design the main concern would be the structural beams and finding another way to support both the Broomloan and Govan stand roofs, I can't see anyway you could re-design and fill in the corners without removing the structural beams,which would mean re-doing the roofs or finding another way of supporting them like a cantilever design.

Looking at pictures of both the Govan and Broomloan during construction, the structural beams for the roofs are actually at the sides of the stands, many people believe there are structural supports for the roofs behind the tv screens, behind the tv screens would be an empty space, the area surrounding the tv screens at the sides are where the structural beams are.

You can see what i mean from these two pictures below.

2nbf2gy.jpg

xn59a1.jpg

You can see the gap better in this picture below and you can see where the beams are.

2qi1dgk.jpg

What I want long term is Edminson house to become the megastore/museum, which would free space in the east corner to fill it in with seats at some point in the future. If not rebuild the stands one at a time if that’s possible.

Back