Ibrox atmosphere

From what I remember the season we won our first title under souness, the atmosphere was brilliant at most of our home games. We were in much the same position as now,having not won the league for years. It really picked up a momentum as the season went on and it definitely helped push the team on.

Winning it this season would be a better achievement, due to what the clubs went through, but nothing can be taken for granted in any game, no matter who it's against. Forget trying to have a goal fest, just get the 3 points.

Even during the 9iar years and advocaat era I remember games against lower opposition like Dunfermline st mirren etc being dead. It’s always been like that.
Yes, as do I.

But we can't just say it will never change. There are ways and means of changing and improving things.

Take Crystal Palace. Their 'singing section' was in a similar position to BF1. But this season they moved them to the centre of the stand and it has really ignited the atmos in that whole stand. No reason why we can't do similar. No-one owns their seat. We absolutely need to make adjustments.

Yes, as do I.

But we can't just say it will never change. There are ways and means of changing and improving things.

Take Crystal Palace. Their 'singing section' was in a similar position to BF1. But this season they moved them to the centre of the stand and it has really ignited the atmos in that whole stand. No reason why we can't do similar. No-one owns their seat. We absolutely need to make adjustments.

Agree 100% that the singing section needs in a more better place than it is currently

The other important part to what the sheep have done was sold the tickets as non-allocated which meant you could sit/stand wherever you wanted and guys could stand with their mates/supporters clubs.

It would be good if Steven Gerrard mentioned his concern about it to the board. He is pretty much having to ask the fans to make noise in games at Ibrox. His voice might just be listened to.

Not sure about this. Father, son and Grandson who have sat together in the same seats for years. Probably have the same pre and post match traditions. I get why they wouldn't want to move.

We need to find a solution though and maybe just ripping off the band aid is the way to go.

Doesn't matter, they still don't own it. I do understand the attachment, football is a ronanticed sport, but I don't think it should hinder other fans

It's just cringe when our manager has to ask at every press conference for the fans to make a noise. I feel his frustration.

We are in a title race and our manager feels the need to constantly ask us to make an atmosphere. You couldn't make it up :(
Maybe he should be asking the club what they can do about the atmosphere. Its obvious its poor and its not the fans fault

The scum done it at the Theatre of Shame and the supporters had no choice but to accept it.
Rangers board simply has to be pro active in creating a suitable standing section in a prominent area of the ground.

The Copland Road was always the traditional Rangers end for decades. Now it's the quietest area of the stadium.

Yeah i think only way will be for club to enforce it and dont think thats likely

What has worried me this year is the poor atmosphere at the European games. Porto the ideal example, i could hear the players at one stage.

Within the last 18 months we have had excellent atmospheres at home (Maribor, Legia, and Hibs). But on a night like Wednesday the overriding emotion is fear of blowing it - and then everyone is too overcome with relief to really get involved.

my big fear with the atmosphere is that when we do go top it will be a bit of a damp squib - I hope im wrong.

The board needs a long term plan regarding the UBs, safe standing and trying to keep fans in the ground for 90 minutes.

The lack of atmosphere contributes to fans leaving early in my opinion.

Sad to say but Ibrox has a dreadful matchday experience. Like many other issues the club seem incapable of dealing with it.

I shudder to think what Steven Gerrard and the players make of it.

Incidentally, the club was made aware of the problem 20 years ago. They chose to ignore it then and I reckon they'll continue to do so as long as they sell out ST's.
We should be at least as vocal as the away support and back the team to the hilt we're supposed to be the 12th man.

Has been the same since Souness. Games we expect to win are always flat, the big matches always electric.

Has been the same since Souness. Games we expect to win are always flat, the big matches always electric.

but are the big matches electric these days? Apart from Old Firms which manage themselves, our big European games have been really flat this season.

Back