Ibrox average attendance

EdinBurgBear

Rangers are at the top of attendance table with 97.5% of the stadium filled alongside Celtic who only have 94.9% of their stadium filled, many would say that is down to the piggery holding more however I fully believe if rangers had a far bigger stadium than what they have now they could get at least 3,000 more supporters every week as more people would have access to tickets compared to at this point where many Of the empty seats ( not that their are loads but the few that are empty )are because ST holders couldn’t make it and there has been no option of secondary ticketing.

That lot can only dream of a fan base the size of ours.

The stadium capacity is the only thing that holds back our average attendances.

Throughout history we’ve always topped that lots crowd right up until the day they opened the breeze block chamber of childhood horrors

Most of their home support must be sitting under those big green sheets if that’s the case ....naw .....it’s the old Seville calculator, kept in the biscuit tin next to the trophy centre invoices!

I have an In-Law that supports them so I will occasionaly put their games on for him, their average attendance is 28/30k Max every week it is nowhere near what they claim. Games against the big team in Glesga are the only times that dump sees a crowd. Our weekly games do have a few empty seats but they are at least 45k most weeks. Peter telling lies, who wold have thought it....

Our crowds in recent years have genuinely stunned me especially in the lower leagues

When I was taken to my first games in the early 80s as a nipper Ibrox was averaging roughly 24,000 and you could choose your seat

When I took the Mrs to our first home game in the third division and it was sold out I welled up and what was fantastic was almost every game had about 40k or more throughout the divisions week in week out

Phenomenal

So it’s one thing beast fc claiming that they’ve sold X number of seats and publicly stating that the attendance was X. It’s another when Hugh Keevins clearly seeing all the empty seats confirms X is the attendance.

The spin is outrageous. Another lie I believe is their ST sales, I’m sure their figures include people who are on their database not the number of actual tickets sold. More spin from herr Lawwell that’s worthy of further analysis.

So it’s one thing beast fc claiming that they’ve sold X number of seats and publicly stating that the attendance was X. It’s another when Hugh Keevins clearly seeing all the empty seats confirms X is the attendance.

The spin is outrageous. Another lie I believe is their ST sales, I’m sure their figures include people who are on their database not the number of actual tickets sold. More spin from herr Lawwell that’s worthy of further analysis.
Not for one minute do I believe they've sold the amount of ST's they claim, many of their games are around the 30k mark, meaning 20k non attendees. I don't f@@g think so.

That lot can only dream of a fan base the size of ours.

The stadium capacity is the only thing that holds back our average attendances.

Throughout history we’ve always topped that lots crowd right up until the day they opened the breeze block chamber of childhood horrors
This, to the power of this!

a) They were nowhere near 57,000 average and my Tim pals and Tims at work admitted that.
b) It is better to have demand...make something desirable. Our s/tickets are once again hot tickets and that builds excitement. Why get 55,000 in a (for example) 61,000 capacity stadium? Would that even pay for the building work?

a) They were nowhere near 57,000 average and my Tim pals and Tims at work admitted that.
b) It is better to have demand...make something desirable. Our s/tickets are once again hot tickets and that builds excitement. Why get 55,000 in a (for example) 61,000 capacity stadium? Would that even pay for the building work?

I dont know about you but it just doesnt sit right with me that that rancid organisation have a bigger stadium, larger home average attendance with more people able to go and watch them in a season and it never will.

This is not the natural order and should be remedied as soon as feasibly possible...easier said than done I know.

I assume that if we budgeted tightly we could knock down stadium apart from facade of Main Stand and rebuild for £200m? £300m maybe?

How long is that being repaid before we see any profit?

So if Celtic are claiming 58,500 turned up I take it they are paying taxes on the 58,500

I assume that if we budgeted tightly we could knock down stadium apart from facade of Main Stand and rebuild for £200m? £300m maybe?

How long is that being repaid before we see any profit?

£300m sounds a lot to me to knockdown and replace the 3 stands but you may be right.

I would imagine we would need to sell naming rights for 10 years+ to help finance it, not sure how much we would get for that considering the league we play in.

We traditionally have the largest fanbase in scotland and even though we have had our troubles over the past 7 years+ in my opinion that fanbase has not dramatically reduced.

If (a big IF i know) we had a 60k capacity stadium with a better choice of seats/bears being able to sit beside friends and family+ supporters clubs/safe standing choice + reasonably priced season tickets/better catering/easier access tickets then we could in my opinion sell 50k+ season tickets with say another 5k buying tickets for the smaller games and then selling out the more attractive games.

We have won nothing in 7 years and yet play to 50k every week against absolute dross and with severe restrictions on the choice of where to sit at Ibrox.

imo if safe standing is being considered they should also consider looking into if possible upping the capacity of the safe standing stand, i'd imagine the only thing preventing that would be for health and safety reasons ect but if they planned it surely they could

The scum attendance is false it's plain to see on sportscene however every week it claims *59k , I would imagine our average is higher but the mhedia would never allow that to be seen.

£300m sounds a lot to me to knockdown and replace the 3 stands but you may be right.

I would imagine we would need to sell naming rights for 10 years+ to help finance it, not sure how much we would get for that considering the league we play in.

We traditionally have the largest fanbase in scotland and even though we have had our troubles over the past 7 years+ in my opinion that fanbase has not dramatically reduced.

If (a big IF i know) we had a 60k capacity stadium with a better choice of seats/bears being able to sit beside friends and family+ supporters clubs/safe standing choice + reasonably priced season tickets/better catering/easier access tickets then we could in my opinion sell 50k+ season tickets with say another 5k buying tickets for the smaller games and then selling out the more attractive games.

We have won nothing in 7 years and yet play to 50k every week against absolute dross and with severe restrictions on the choice of where to sit at Ibrox.
Start with a one tier Govan stand using existing structure but going slightly higher and having rail seating. Would be interested to know how much that would increase capacity and how much it would cost.

The Govan Wall would be a great sight.

Back