Ibrox Bar Marmaris.

Was in Turkey before i had my kids so at least 9 years ago. Both times we were the only people in it and the wee guy was playing some sort of local music until we went in then on with some party tunes as soon as a punter walked in.

Was nice enough, but was no one in during the day.

Was in Turkey before i had my kids so at least 9 years ago. Both times we were the only people in it and the wee guy was playing some sort of local music until we went in then on with some party tunes as soon as a punter walked in.

Think 9 years ago it may have been a different bar. There was a much smaller Rangers bar that showed matches etc, the Ibrox Bar came after that and is totally different. Mobbed every night, boys playing the flutes/drums, lots going on.

Not sure who owns it, think it's a Rangers "fan" from Turkey but even if it is just a money maker for them fair play. Gives a place for Rangers fans to congregate.

One year on the 12th they had a big parade along the promenade.

The big one is down the front. There was a smaller one further in that was much quieter.... possibly why it’s no longer there

I’m over there for Progress away and Kilmarnock.

Was in Marmaris for the opening fixture when we drew 1-1 with Accies. Didn’t venture to IB as found a bar beside hotel.

Might head to it this time, don’t think it’s cheap though.

It’s Turks that own it. It serves its purpose when you are over there and want to see the game, but I always found the atmosphere to be a little bit manufactured/false. Added to that, I had a couple of bad experiences in the bar the last time I was there.

Been to Turkey last 5 years on holiday always make aappearances at the Ibrox bar always busy shows all matches on numerous TVs, place makes a fortune so good on them they must be doing something right

Been in the bar many times. Sonny, Rocky and the lads do a very good job running the bar that's why it's always busy. They also have their own Ibrox beach lol. They'll bring drinks to the beach as well and beds free of charge. Spoke to one of the barmen at the beach on the front, he said "Sonny is a very lucky man there are many many Rangers fans and Scottish people like alcohol" :p:))

Seen someone’s receipt on tripadvisor.

It’s nice that they put WATP and no surrender on the bottom but my focus was on 9 quid for 2 vodka and Irn Bru. Not cheap for Turkey.

Seen someone’s receipt on tripadvisor.

It’s nice that they put WATP and no surrender on the bottom but my focus was on 9 quid for 2 vodka and Irn Bru. Not cheap for Turkey.

It’s one of the more expensive bars there. To be fair, it’s on the main drag, so expected I suppose.

Was there in June had a great time we were drinking Efes beer which was around £2.80 a large bottle. The bar is good but as most places in Turkey always Check your bill when leaving.

Was there in June had a great time we were drinking Efes beer which was around £2.80 a large bottle. The bar is good but as most places in Turkey always Check your bill when leaving.

Had that a few times in Turkey, I did actually have that issue in there too. Drinks added to the bill that we never actually had, it’s easy to get caught out because they keep a tab and you are generally in for a few hours watching a game.

On nodding terms with the owner Gino who also owns Trotters in Armalutan area of Marmaris, they will run you down to the Ibrox bar for the games.
It’s good for when the games are on, I’m over for the St Mirren game good atmosphere, but as others said check your bill.

Been to Turkey last 5 years on holiday always make aappearances at the Ibrox bar always busy shows all matches on numerous TVs, place makes a fortune so good on them they must be doing something right
There’s loads of Turks with Rangers top walking about as well:))

Pretty sure the owner is a Turk with connections to Scotland and is a season ticket holder. Could be wrong though as I've always been steamboats in the Ibrox Bar.

I've been a few times I'm sure the owner or key staff are married to a Scots lassie.

We had a few drinks there and prices weren't bad.

I've also seen the owner be involved in fundraising and I'm sure he was over here for a game and presented a cheque to the charity foundation.

Was there last year, was absolutely packed for games probably 200+ they bring out a screen and have extra seating in the empty bit of ground across from the bar. They also run a boat trip which is not bad if you want a day out on the bevy with rangers tunes.

Was there last year, was absolutely packed for games probably 200+ they bring out a screen and have extra seating in the empty bit of ground across from the bar. They also run a boat trip which is not bad if you want a day out on the bevy with rangers tunes.

I was in when we played Valencia in the CL a few years back, it was quite impressive the way they appeared with a van and loads of seats once it became apparent it was going to be really busy, all of a sudden another TV appeared and the bit along the side became part of the bar:D

I've been a few times I'm sure the owner or key staff are married to a Scots lassie.

We had a few drinks there and prices weren't bad.

I've also seen the owner be involved in fundraising and I'm sure he was over here for a game and presented a cheque to the charity foundation.
The prices have nearly doubled this year compared to last year.

I was in when we played Valencia in the CL a few years back, it was quite impressive the way they appeared with a van and loads of seats once it became apparent it was going to be really busy, all of a sudden another TV appeared and the bit along the side became part of the bar:D
I was in Benidorm when we last played Valencia in the CL.
We just stayed in Benidorm and traveled through on the Union Jack bus.
Happy days.

Lynsey’s from Paisley she’s a blue nose.
THe 2 brothers that own it Gino and Sunny spend the winter months over here and are at Ibrox every other week

It's funny all the different stories you hear. I heard the same bloke owns all the football bars in that area including the Sellik one round the corner. We go to Marmaris every year and I always pay a visit to the Ibrox Bar while the missus is shopping. It is a wee bit dearer than other pubs but it's a Rangers bar in Turkey ffs! A place in Asia you can go and sit with your own kind. Last game I saw there was the Sheep semi-final and the atmosphere was brilliant until they scored. I'll be back in August.

I was in Benidorm when we last played Valencia in the CL.
We just stayed in Benidorm and traveled through on the Union Jack bus.
Happy days.

So did I mate, I think The Glaswegian had about 10 buses that day from Benidorm, it was some sight. It was the Ibrox match I watched in Marmaris.
Actually, our whole family featured on the pub hand held fans for a while, they might still have them. Our wee one at the time had got her face painted red white and blue at the hotel and they came out from behind the bar and photographed her, unfortunately they got my ugly mug too:p

Was there for the play off game v Motherwell at Fir Park. Half time and full time the Turks fire on the party tunes and start jumping around with flags and drums. Was cringy as fűck. I'm sitting there absolutely despondent and these twats are jumping around with stupid grins on their faces as if that's what you do.

Just drank up and got to fűck and could see a few others do the same. A lot of the daft ned types seemed to buy into it and sing along like performing seals on cue though.

It's very cringey All the Turkish Bar Staff singing all the typical NED with huge grins.
Am not totally Keen on that Rocky either although am told he is OK if he knows you well, oh and apparently he's bit of a hard man locally although I couldn't care less.
Boat trips are still going as Rocky still runs them and it's full of them Tarten Rangers tops.
Although the Albino lads alright.

It's very cringey All the Turkish Bar Staff singing all the typical NED with huge grins.
Am not totally Keen on that Rocky either although am told he is OK if he knows you well, oh and apparently he's bit of a hard man locally although I couldn't care less.
Boat trips are still going as Rocky still runs them and it's full of them Tarten Rangers tops.
Although the Albino lads alright.

I couldn’t take to the Rocky guy either, or Spider for that matter.

Which ones Spider... Nah I agree Wander how often Rocky gets to Ibrox
He totally loved himself being known
By everyone there

He actually thinks he’s world famous, it quite funny to watch:D I’m not sure if Spider is there now, I had read something about him opening his own bar in Icmeler. It must be nearly 10 years since I’ve been there.

Back