Ibrox Bar Tenerife

coplandted

Official Ticketer
I'll be in Tenerife on the 27th when the Dundee game is played, staying a ten minute taxi journey away from the Ibrox Bar.

Having never frequented before, I was wondering if it is definitely worth the trip there to take in the game?? The hotel I am staying at has a sports bar, but given it is a home game and therefore almost certainly an RTV feed, will the Ibrox Bar probably by my only likely place to take in the game anyway??

Any thoughts advice from Tenerife regulars would be appreciated.

Cheers.

It's the best Rangers bar I've experienced abroad closely followed by the one in Benidorm. 100% worth the trip mate, you'll love it!

Cheers mate. It was always my intention to take in the experience anyway, but the more I thought about it I concluded that it may not be that easy to find a place to watch the game otherwise.

Yes the Ibrox Bar is top class for watching the game and the Bluebell bar in Los Cristianos is also top class. You will get a sing song in the Ibrox and the young lads who run the Bluebell will make you very welcome. Both bars will be very busy but as George in the Ibrox will tell you where do all the punters go between the games? We need to use these bars on a daily basis as it’s difficult to survive on game days only.

Yes the Ibrox Bar is top class for watching the game and the Bluebell bar in Los Cristianos is also top class. You will get a sing song in the Ibrox and the young lads who run the Bluebell will make you very welcome. Both bars will be very busy but as George in the Ibrox will tell you where do all the punters go between the games? We need to use these bars on a daily basis as it’s difficult to survive on game days only.

Any time I have been in Benidorm or Adeje I spend time in the bears bars. Not a lot, but always at least a few pints of an afternoon.

Just never abroad very often ;)

I'll be in Tenerife on the 27th when the Dundee game is played, staying a ten minute taxi journey away from the Ibrox Bar.

Having never frequented before, I was wondering if it is definitely worth the trip there to take in the game?? The hotel I am staying at has a sports bar, but given it is a home game and therefore almost certainly an RTV feed, will the Ibrox Bar probably by my only likely place to take in the game anyway??

Cheers.
Go for it, you'll enjoy the experience.

Get there very early if you want a seat indoors and to enjoy the sing-song at half time. You've also got Bluebells in Los Christianos just round from the beach if it's easier for you location-wise. Either way, enjoy Tenerife.

Has anyone been in the Highlander, Gran Canaria recently ? It got a few bad reviews last year, and im going there this summer.

Has anyone been in the Highlander, Gran Canaria recently ? It got a few bad reviews last year, and im going there this summer.

Cheers.[/Q

Cheers.

Bahia Principe by any chance?

Yeah, it's a good wee pub on match days. Tiny though so get there early if you want a seat. I had to stand the entire game when I was there.

The Ibrox Bar is my favourite Rangers pub outside Scotland, and maybe anywhere.

It's run by good Rangers folk who are great people anyway. The atmosphere on match days is great, George is now back hosting again and is brilliant at it, and the service is quick even though always mobbed.
I always go there every afternoon when out there, keeping a Rangers bar is more important than going to the nearest pub.
Just get there early if you want a seat. And watch out for the urinal fitted by the 7 foot plumber!

The Bluebell in Tenerife used to be a phenomenal bar, I haven’t been over for years but heard it’s changed a bit? The entertainment was first class and the atmosphere when the Gers played was amazing.

Correct!

Any good? Mixed reviews, but most of them decent.

I’ve been to the Bahia Principe 3 times, i’m pretty sure you’ll enjoy it. It’s isolated but i take it you know that already. Any questions about it feel free to give me a PM.

The Bluebell in Tenerife used to be a phenomenal bar, I haven’t been over for years but heard it’s changed a bit? The entertainment was first class and the atmosphere when the Gers played was amazing.
Was in a few months ago and I wouldn't rush back in all honesty.If it's busy you will end up pissing yourself as there's only 1 toilet

Cheers.
I'll be there myself mate, my advice would be to get there early.

Cheers.
Was in for the sheep match and killie match,first time and had a great time both nights

The Ibrox Bar is my favourite Rangers pub outside Scotland, and maybe anywhere.

It's run by good Rangers folk who are great people anyway. The atmosphere on match days is great, George is now back hosting again and is brilliant at it, and the service is quick even though always mobbed.
I always go there every afternoon when out there, keeping a Rangers bar is more important than going to the nearest pub.
Just get there early if you want a seat. And watch out for the urinal fitted by the 7 foot plumber!
Hahahaha,i couldnt reach that one

I’ve been to the Bahia Principe 3 times, i’m pretty sure you’ll enjoy it. It’s isolated but i take it you know that already. Any questions about it feel free to give me a PM.

Most of the indifferent reviews to be fair were from those complaining that as you say it is a bit isolated. I thought how the hell can you not know that before you book?!? It’s not exactly difficult to do a bit of holiday research these days!

It’s a few times now I’ve planned on booking the Bahia, but finally got round to it a few months back for a wee bit of winter sun.

I have visions of Homer at Mount Splashmore when I hit Siam Park!

Back