Rangers Board Sign Off Ibrox Redevelopment to Boost Disabled Facilities

Yes he did promise so regularly. I used to ask him way back in the days when the AGM's were held in the Main Stand at Ibrox
At last it seems you are getting somewhere squire. I remember you posting on here about the situations while back.

Have you been given a heads up on how long these plans will take to be completed?

Not before time.

From those drawings looks like the handicapped will either be right up the back of the Sandy jardine or in the middle of the Copland and broomie and well back from the elements.

They must be putting lifts in the stands also.

Takes up a large amount of space so will be interesting to see where those currently in those seats are being moved to and will this mean a significant capacity reduction.

Anyone who currently sits on or near the back 3 rows of the broomloan front or Copland front will be moved elsewhere.
Jeezo

Can you state that 2 million is multi million? I am glad they are doing something eventually but whoever wrote that article is fluffing it up a tad!

If it’s hundreds seats where can you actually move people to if it’s already at capacity?

And you have those big 90s unfuture proofed screens taking up ridiculous space that offer absolutely nothing.
The only place I know seats aren’t at full capacity is the rearmost wings of the club deck.

There must be more to this than just kicking people out of their seats who sit near the back of the broomie and Copland front.

My guess is we are digging down again.

The only place I know seats aren’t at full capacity is the rearmost wings of the club deck.

There must be more to this than just kicking people out of their seats who sit near the back of the broomie and Copland front.

My guess is we are digging down again.
Then will that not affect those further back in the Club Deck?

That means safe standing isn’t happening then :))

What great forward planning - papping disabled folk into the area where most folk stand/sing/wave flags.

Starting to think the club are at it here. Either a way of blocking a UB move and safe standing, or they’re genuinely just that daft and can’t think of consequences for future fan proposals.

On the contrary it's another step towards that allied with moving the Union Bears but alas the hard of thinking can't grasp that.

Easy for me to say, as I sit up the club deck but I would happily be moved if it ment our disabled fans were no longer having to worry about the rain.
There’s more to it than just moving people though, a lot of people will be sitting next to their kids etc and club deck is a completely different price band to the Copland and Broomloan. But doubt the club give a %^*& so don’t see them losing much sleep over a few thousand fans being upset

If it’s hundreds seats where can you actually move people to if it’s already at capacity?

And you have those big 90s unfuture proofed screens taking up ridiculous space that offer absolutely nothing.
This is actually a good point, am all for the move but where is all the seats coming from?

What’s the state of the offices in Broomloan and Copland? Enough space or that for hospitality/disabled access?

Or accessibility up there an issue?

At last it seems you are getting somewhere squire. I remember you posting on here about the situations while back.

Have you been given a heads up on how long these plans will take to be completed?

I and others have been envolved to a degree in the process as the Club have engaged, listened and acted upon what we've said.

As far I'm aware the timescale will depend on the ability to raise the the finance as it'll costly capital wise and action has to be taken to mitigate the ongoing revenue reduction associated with reduced capacity. Basically it's dependent on the outcome of the voting tomorrow if King and Club1872 prevail then undoubtedly the timescale will becgreater than desired.

Long awaited, but will be good if this finally happens. It's been an embarrassment seeing the way our disabled fans are treated. An area that club is miles behind, even in comparison to some of our Scottish rivals

This will be to fill time tomorrow and won’t actually happen. The board will blame the fans who don’t want to give their seat up

Delighted that they look as if they are finally about to put in better facilities. I have disabled relatives myself who could maybe get back to Ibrox for 1st time in years

I really hope it has been properly thought through though. Last thing I would want is major conflict at games between standing and disabled fans who's views are therefore blocked. In 20+ years I haven't sat at a celtic or European game. Even some of the sheep, hibs etc can get a lot of standing.

Broomloan obviously 90% stand and are used to doing so. I would hate to see them invest in this and not have thought about the conflicts that arise. Given how the club deal with the coke and Buckie brigade I guess they would just leave it to the 2 differing sets of fans to argue amongst themselves at the game if disabled section views were blocked

Delighted that they look as if they are finally about to put in better facilities. I have disabled relatives myself who could maybe get back to Ibrox for 1st time in years

I really hope it has been properly thought through though. Last thing I would want is major conflict at games between standing and disabled fans who's views are therefore blocked. In 20+ years I haven't sat at a celtic or European game. Even some of the sheep, hibs etc can get a lot of standing.

Broomloan obviously 90% stand and are used to doing so. I would hate to see them invest in this and not have thought about the conflicts that arise. Given how the club deal with the coke and Buckie brigade I guess they would just leave it to the 2 differing sets of fans to argue amongst themselves at the game if disabled section views were blocked
If the disabled sections are raised on platforms it won’t be an issue at all.

The positioning at the rear of the front stands makes sense as they’re a bit more forgiving than right down the front weather wise.

If i’m not mistaken they’ll need to get stair lifts added (there are some already in the stadium I believe)

Timing is so predictable but welcome news all the same

The big surprise announcement at the AGM
Redevelopment is actually a 75k capacity seated bowl, with optional standing behind each goal, disabled sections raised at the back of each stand. Multi millions!!

I and others have been envolved to a degree in the process as the Club have engaged, listened and acted upon what we've said.

As far I'm aware the timescale will depend on the ability to raise the the finance as it'll costly capital wise and action has to be taken to mitigate the ongoing revenue reduction associated with reduced capacity. Basically it's dependent on the outcome of the voting tomorrow if King and Club1872 prevail then undoubtedly the timescale will becgreater than desired.
So this will mean a reduction in capacity?

Not exactly going to help us compete with rivals who have a much bigger stadium.

Ideally, we improve facilities and increase the capacity.

The two don’t have to be mutually exclusive.
They will be though as in the infrastructure of the ground will change making increasing the capacity nigh impossible,

I’m row X BF4 and I’m sure the existing limited disabled seating which is highlighted blue is about two rows back, there is a stair lift that currently gets used but that’s not gonna be enough!

@forlanssister , do you know if there are plans to try to increase the ground capacity so capacity isn’t reduced by this (welcome) move to improve disabled facilities?

I'm content they've arrived at the best practical solution all things considered.

I was pleasantly surprised at what they've come up with and I think most reasonable people will be too.

Last edited:
Re timing there's nothing suss about it infact it was made crystal clear at last years AGM when the Chairman, Vice Chairman and Managing Director all unequivocally announced their intention to deal with the issue. In this case they've been as good as their word.

I expect people to be pleasantly surprised with the proposal.
And I believe this was Douglas's first time as chairman at the AGM. He personally undertook to take disabled access at Ibrox forward.
I also hope you've been consulted in the process mate. You've been pushing this matter for many years.

And I believe this was Douglas's first time as chairman at the AGM. He personally undertook to take disabled access at Ibrox forward.
I also hope you've been consulted in the process mate. You've been pushing this matter for many years.

I cannot stress highly enough that the whole Board have played a part in this admittedly some greater than others, they have exceded what I thought was possible. They sought out the best people and looked at various options.

I hope people realise this is an issue that is not of this Boards making and one that there various predecessors should have sorted but did nothing more than paid lipservice to.

There are many reasons for legitimate criticism of this Board and we should not shy from stating so when it merits but this is one area where they deserve huge credit and not to credit them for their endeavours would be churlish in the extreme.

Last edited:
Getting the disabled viewing area / facilities should be number one priority and glad steps are afoot to make it happen

Hats off to the guy who has raised this continually at the agms to keep it central in everyone’s mind.

I'm content they've arrived at the best practical solution all things considered.

I was pleasantly surprised at what they've come up with and I think most reasonable people will be too.
You have your finger on the pulse.Do you think 150 wheelchair spaces is a fair number and would they be used every game?

Back