Rangers Board Sign Off Ibrox Redevelopment to Boost Disabled Facilities

You have your finger on the pulse.Do you think 150 wheelchair spaces is a fair number and would they be used every game?

They have to meet a formula set by the Access for All guide for a total of circa 224 wheelchair spaces and the same amount of ambulant seats. Iirc this proposal should satisfy this. I expect a 50% reduction in the spaces in the West Enclosure from circa 69 to circa 35 this is because the current spaces fail to meet the new regulations.

The amount of wheelchair fans in attendance pretty much mirrors the rest of the ground i.e if the crowd is 30,000 then approximately 40% of spaces will be vacant.

I am back row of Copland Front. Will be interesting to see if I hear anything about this soon.

Glad for my fellow fans that their second class treatment is finally being addressed. Cynicism in the timing is a slap in the face though.

Their feet must be held to the fire if the delivery of this is as stunted as NEH.

Confusing article, it states the Copland and Broomloan will be removing seats to facilitate disabled fans, yet the diagram seems to include the Govan front which would affect me probably as im 4 rows down from the back and my daughter is two seats behind me. Not a chance we are moving to club deck or some pish restricted view seat.

If the disabled sections are raised on platforms it won’t be an issue at all.
Thats exactly what I am hoping for. Will be good to see an artist impression that's better than the only pic going about in the OP article

Confusing article, it states the Copland and Broomloan will be removing seats to facilitate disabled fans, yet the diagram seems to include the Govan front which would affect me probably as im 4 rows down from the back and my daughter is two seats behind me. Not a chance we are moving to club deck or some pish restricted view seat.

It's not the clearest of articles that's for sure. There will be facilities on the BF, CF and GF. Some people will be displaced but sadly that's unavoidable. I wouldn't fret about ending up in the CD just yet.

It’s great news but I honestly can’t blame people for moaning about the very intentional timing of the announcement.

Serious question.

If Rangers say you need to move, and the Club Deck is all that's available, are you really not going to take that option?

The image looks like it's not the back rows but a few down. Maybe no need for lifts if it's level access from the concourse with the rows in front removed and levelled?

I hope this is an extra 150 wheelchair spaces and not just bringing it up to 150 from the 107 there is just now. A new build stadium,of our capacity should have in excess of 260 wheelchair spaces and other ambulant seats for folks with other disabilities.

Being a wheelchair using bear I’m delighted with this news as it might mean I’ll be able to attend matches again on a more regular basis. I hope they don’t allocate all the spaces to people wanting a season ticket and sell those spaces on a match to match basis

Say nothing / do nothing = pelters for the board

Say something / do something = pelters for the board

The board are far from perfect, but the constant carping from some, often for no good reason, is becoming beyond tiresome. Nothing personal. Just happened to pick this post at random.
This scheme would have taken a considerable amount of time to prepare and get costings. Given that this topic has been raised at AGMs for several years. It's not unexpected that it's announced just before an AGM. Maybe the board are starting to get their act together with communication and responding to fans views.

Great news, but any chance of redeveloping the toilet facilities, or at least giving us a timeline for when we can look forward to 21st century standards.

Stop virtue signalling. People in those section with season tickets are obviously going to have concerns.
Exactly this. If we have to move then we have to move, the seat doesn't belong to me and our quality/quantity of accessible facilities has needed fixed for years so it is what it is.

That said, I don't think I'd want to relocate outside of the Broomloan Front. The whole reason I am in there is to be able to stand at the game, moving up to the Club Deck or other areas would prevent that.

Not panicking yet, I think/hope they'll be able to relocate us within the Broomloan Front, a percentage of the seats in there are not sold as STs.

New Sky Lounge added 200 to capacity cost of 3 million or so. New disability facilities take away 150 at cost of 2 million. So 5 million for extra 50 capacity or thereabouts. Genius absolute genius.
I'd think it would take away more than that if 2 rows of about 150 seats are being replaced by 1 row in CF and BF and about 250 in GF that's over 500 seats less

I'd think it would take away more than that if 2 rows of about 150 seats are being replaced by 1 row in CF and BF and about 250 in GF that's over 500 seats less
Read article again I took 150 number but it is actually 150 spaces for wheelchair users with hundreds no specific number of seats being removed. So by looks if it we are spending 5 million on this and skylounge to decrease capacity. I'm sorry I'm past the point of benefit of doubt with current board.

Read article again I took 150 number but it is actually 150 spaces for wheelchair users with hundreds no specific number of seats being removed. So by looks if it we are spending 5 million on this and skylounge to decrease capacity. I'm sorry I'm past the point of benefit of doubt with current board.
Even if that is the case, how much do you think a spot in the blue sky lounge will be? One will equal the cost of many several season tickets.

It’s not just two rows. From my naked eye we will need to rip out a minimum of 4 rows right along the front section of the broomloan, Copland and govan stands. This isn’t small work - and will decrease capacity by well over 1000 seats ( unless as I said we are going to dig down again) .

It’s not just two rows. From my naked eye we will need to rip out a minimum of 4 rows right along the front section of the broomloan, Copland and govan stands. This isn’t small work - and will decrease capacity by well over 1000 seats ( unless as I said we are going to dig down again) .
More like 2000 seats if its 4 rows

Our disabled supporters deserve to be treated the same as everybody else, but this has the potential to put more than a few noses out of joint dependent on the plans.

When did we dig down the way before, I must have missed that.

Even if that is the case, how much do you think a spot in the blue sky lounge will be? One will equal the cost of many several season tickets.
That lot already have 10k advantage over us season in season out. Our board are signing off 3 millions for a new lounge .
That they trumpeted as adding 200 to capacity. To then sign off another 2 million on actually reducing capacity. So our main rival actually increases that advantage at no cost to them but costing Rangers 5 million. If everyone is fine with that batter on. It's another example of the madness of those in charge to me.

where to start bugger all, it's selfish, it's only a seat it's not life threatening.
What about the guy who is getting on a bit and likes being in the last row of Copland Front because of its flat access to concourse and only has to manage about 10 steps to his seat?

Now being punted to the club deck or elsewhere.

We'll need to see what the plans are but there will be plenty of these types of stories.

That lot already have 10k advantage over us season in season out. Our board are signing off 3 millions for a new lounge .
That they trumpeted as adding 200 to capacity. To then sign off another 2 million on actually reducing capacity. So our main rival actually increases that advantage at no cost to them but costing Rangers 5 million. If everyone is fine with that batter on. It's another example of the madness of those in charge to me.
Meanwhile the board have also blown the best part of £10m on Edmiston House.

That lot already have 10k advantage over us season in season out. Our board are signing off 3 millions for a new lounge That they trumpeted as adding 200 to capacity. To then sign off another 2 on actually reducing capacity. So our main rival actually increases that advantage at no cost to them but costing Rangers 5 million. If everyone is fine with that batter on. It's another example of the madness of those in charge to me.
Going over old ground here but when they built their cesspit in the 90's the 3 stands were built from scratch for a relative pittance.

For Ibrox to get to 60,000 would cost astronomical sums of money in projects similar to what Liverpool have done to Anfield.

Not happening.

Won't this also have a big impact on supporters exiting the stadium as there will only be one side of stairs accessible for supporters due to the need for a stair lift on the other side like BF5?

I'm not against the idea of more seats for disabled supporters but this doesn't seem well thought through.

Going over old ground here but when they built their cesspit in the 90's the 3 stands were built from scratch for a relative pittance.

For Ibrox to get to 60,000 would cost astronomical sums of money in projects similar to what Liverpool have done to Anfield.

Not happening.
You're actually going over ground I never went over. Rangers board are about to spend 5 million in total to make the gap in capacity bigger. That's the issue.

Won't this also have a big impact on supporters exiting the stadium as there will only be one side of stairs accessible for supporters due to the need for a stair lift on the other side like BF5?

I'm not against the idea of more seats for disabled supporters but this doesn't seem well thought through.
Is anything we do well thought through?

Back