Rangers Board Sign Off Ibrox Redevelopment to Boost Disabled Facilities

One thing I think should be done when all these works are done,should be the replacing all the other seating
It would give some boost to the whole stadium,I mind the first time I saw the stadium all new blue seats and it looked amazing .

If it does happen. Would they not look to do similar set up in Copland and Broomloan? Lot of dead space in back of each stand with unused office space.

I think that was looked at previously but was believed not to be a viable option iirc something to do with the fact there would be lots of pillars due to the original construction and it being part of the stand whereas Argyle House was a later addition to the Govan Stand and is structurally separate.

I hope our board has thought long and hard about these changes and it's not just a knee jerk reaction before the AGM.

These new disabled spaces need to be done properly and hopefully with some sort of roof over them.
gn16.png
:p:p:p

There is also no current internal access from the offices to the stadium - so a different proposition to what’s in place in the Govan
I see mate. Thanks for the reply. Maybe something else could be worked out then and still make it hospitality type seating .Huge income for the club and there is demand for it

I see mate. Thanks for the reply. Maybe something else could be worked out then and still make it hospitality type seating .Huge income for the club and there is demand for it
I personally want us to have more general seating as we have thousands of fans desperate to come to Ibrox that don’t get the opportunity but the club of course will continue to look at all hospitality options I’m sure.

I personally want us to have more general seating as we have thousands of fans desperate to come to Ibrox that don’t get the opportunity but the club of course will continue to look at all hospitality options I’m sure.
Would be good mate. Unfortunately the stadium is pretty much rammed with as many seats as it can be.

Surely ST holders who are displaced will get first dibs on the new seats if they are implemented?

No Costings. No time frame No funding in place. Board have spent 3 million on skylounge opening soon. 2 million in wheelchair access starting I would imagine this summer for next season. So 5 million to make an existing ground smaller. Genuinely 1st time I've ever heard in football a club spending millions to make a stadium smaller capacity.
The Broomloan and Copland have nothing in place to say they'll happen at all as yet. Robertson was talking about 6k on to capacity whilst in Australia before Covid. Nothing ever came of that. More I think of it the more that extra bit on to today's presentation was to stop people saying, you're cutting capacity by 1k? WTAF are you lot thinking?
Why have you just made that up, it's clearly not the first you've ever heard of it happening.

It's not even the first time it's happened at Ibrox.

One thing I think should be done when all these works are done,should be the replacing all the other seating
It would give some boost to the whole stadium,I mind the first time I saw the stadium all new blue seats and it looked amazing .
If and when we ever do that, I would love us to put a white/red/white row in each tier, like the classic rangers bar scarf.

This happening summer 2023 I would imagine?

Obviously because it being a major undertaking of works and can't possibly be started until after the season is over.

You'd have to imagine the '2nd Phase' would need to start (if at all) one year on from this as this will be an even bigger operation.

gn16.png

Pity it can't be done all at the same time.

It’s not a coincidence, the club set themselves a deadline of this AGM to outline the plans to improve disabled facilities for our supporters.

They have worked for months on the project and the final approval was made at yesterdays board meeting.

The club are just meeting a self imposed deadline following last years AGM.

What I would say on it, is that I am immensely pleased to see the hard work of @forlanssister and the Disability matters working group rewarded with the real progress they have worked for.

We will have other issues to ensure all fans are engaged and looked after in terms of how we manage the inevitable upheaval but we need to ensure that all our supports can feel welcome and valued in Ibrox.
When are we likely to find out what rows and seats will be affected?
I think with an announcement like this and the club knowing the reactions just from the UB move talks that some fans will be really anxious about this, the quicker the better everyone knows if they're affected and where they stand would be the best move. Even if it's announced on the website then the individual's are notified in due time is enough imo. I'm GE1 row X so assuming I will definitely be moved but would still be nice to have it confirmed sooner than later. I'm not crazy anxious btw before someone jumps on that lol

When are we likely to find out what rows and seats will be affected?
I think with an announcement like this and the club knowing the reactions just from the UB move talks that some fans will be really anxious about this, the quicker the better everyone knows if they're affected and where they stand would be the best move. Even if it's announced on the website then the individual's are notified in due time is enough imo. I'm GE1 row X so assuming I will definitely be moved but would still be nice to have it confirmed sooner than later. I'm not crazy anxious btw before someone jumps on that lol

I think it’s fair. We’ll start work on an update today.

Absolutely mate. Follow Follow to a tee
It’s not positive for people about to lose really good seats around people they’ve gotten to know over the years. We’ve every right to be unhappy at that. It doesn’t mean we don’t want excellent facilities provided for disabled people.

It doesn’t have to be black or white which is actually FF to a tee.

Absolutely mate. Follow Follow to a tee
Its not positive for people who currently sit in groups of 4+ that are going to be moved. The club should be staggering the upgrades to ensure they don’t start stand 2 until the funding to increase stand 1 is secure

Going to be horror stories of groups being placed into single seats all over the stadium. Often told the reason they couldn’t move the union bears into CF was because they’d need to move ST holders against their will and they might not get seats beside family/friends

It’s not positive for people about to lose really good seats around people they’ve gotten to know over the years. We’ve every right to be unhappy at that. It doesn’t mean we don’t want excellent facilities provided for disabled people.

Upgrading disabled facilities is a positive and it’s badly needed however the “all-in” attitude of reducing the capacity by over 1000 at the one time without securing the funding to increase is bonkers

There are always positives and negatives to every viewpoint, however as has already Been stated “Nobody” owns their seat at Ibrox.
I do however sympathise with those who shall be displaced through no fault of their own

Last edited:
Its not positive for people who currently sit in groups of 4+ that are going to be moved. The club should be staggering the upgrades to ensure they don’t start stand 2 until the funding to increase stand 1 is secure

Going to be horror stories of groups being placed into single seats all over the stadium. Often told the reason they couldn’t move the union bears into CF was because they’d need to move ST holders against their will and they might not get seats beside family/friends
Would be best to do one stand at a time and do both the disabled seats and new ones at the same time. Then offer the new seats to those having to move so any move elsewhere is temporary

There are always positives and negatives to every viewpoint, however as has already been stated Nobody owns their seat at Ibrox
I get that mate but when people are negatively affected by something they’re going to be unhappy. It’s the way of the world. You don’t own your seat but you do pay a shitload of money to rent it and you do become attached to it.

This happening summer 2023 I would imagine?

Obviously because it being a major undertaking of works and can't possibly be started until after the season is over.

You'd have to imagine the '2nd Phase' would need to start (if at all) one year on from this as this will be an even bigger operation.

gn16.png

Pity it can't be done all at the same time.

It actually can and it can also be done during the season with pretty minimal disruption.

In fact if they can get the money in place why not do

BR new seats and move BF holders there then BF disabled seats. Repeat for CR and CF so minimal disruption and existing ST holders are just moved back a few rows ?

BR new seats and move BF holders there then BF disabled seats. Repeat for CR and CF so minimal disruption and existing ST holders are just moved back a few rows ?
The issue with this is its quite simplistic, and I honestly don’t mean to offend.

Yeah it’s slightly higher and technically only a few rows back however there’ll definitely be people with mobility issues who you’re then asking to navigate 3 flights of stairs to get to their seat each week rather than a set of 1 steps

Have the club considered wider implications such as this in relation to how they’re going to allocate new seats?

I wonder how this will affect the BF who for most games are standing? Won't that block the view? Also on European nights/old firms the CF and GF are standing too

I wonder how this will affect the BF who for most games are standing? Won't that block the view? Also on European nights/old firms the CF and GF are standing too
I thought this as well but if it's a raised platform then any standing in front of it shouldn't affect their view. I'm assuming it hasn't affected the current BF platform on recent Euro nights?

BF stand infront of the BF5 platform so shouldn’t be an issue. I imagine disabled fans will not be impressed if they get allocated behind union bears due to the flags as these won’t stop
UB could meet the club half way. You get your central section as long as the big flags that restrict views go down while ball is in play. Do what you like with them before kick off, half time and after a goal is scored?

Surely that's a decent enough compromise if they got a standing section and people are having to moving for them?

This would be ideal if we can find the money to do it all this summer

UB could meet the club half way. You get your central section as long as the big flags that restrict views go down while ball is in play. Do what you like with them before kick off, half time and after a goal is scored?

Surely that's a decent enough compromise if they got a standing section and people are having to moving for them?
That would be a question for them to answer I suppose. Normal fans may think that’s reasonable, fans that class themselves as ultras/part of an ultras section may view it differently

Nobody seems to have pointed out that in all the diagrams shown so far, the back seats are actually behind the pink line of seats being removed.

In the expansion plans, the back seats are still there behind the wheelchair section.

That would make structural sense as the seats at the back are additional steps up from where the existing staircases go.

It doesn’t look on the plans like row Y, Z and AA are impacted. It looks like a few rows from X down, which is in line with the flat walking area at the top of the existing steps and in line with the existing disabled viewing platform in BF5

Last edited:
Nobody seems to have pointed out that in all the diagrams shown so far, the back seats are actually behind the pink line of seats being removed.

In the expansion plans, the back seats are still there behind the wheelchair section.

That would make structural sense as the seats at the back are additional steps up from where the existing staircases go.

It doesn’t look on the plans like row Y, Z and AA are impacted. It looks like a few rows from X down, which is in line with the flat walking area at the top of the existing steps and in line with the existing disabled viewing platform in BF5
Certain parts at the back will be affected to create the short customer journey lifts.

I might be affected due to that but it's not sure exactly where the lift shafts will be in the Copland.

Back