Rangers Board Sign Off Ibrox Redevelopment to Boost Disabled Facilities

Ok what's the better way then because I've been involved in this process for the better part of 2 decades and this is by far and away the best solution that's ever been suggested?

The sticking point in providing adequate disabled facilities has always been the capacity reduction this is the only realistic plan that's negated that let alone actually increased capacity.
Out of interest, was the away section mooted for the disabled area and move them to where the UB currently stand? Move UB centre and still build the extensions raising capacity? Would the away section have provided enough space and facilities?

Im still in disbelief that the board are actually reducing the capacity of Ibrox to under 50k for the first time in decades and when there is a clear demand for more tickets, not less!!!

11k seats behind Celtic is no joke. Aside from anything else it’s millions more in extra ticket revenue when compared to us.

It’s absolutely crazy. Nobody has an issue with improving facilities for the disabled but there had to be a better way than this.
What difference does a slight reduction make in the short term if it provides better facilities for those who are already living a tough life.

And, the plan is to increase the numbers. (I have my doubt if that will happen in any meaningful time). But even if it wasn’t, I’d happily drop the attendance by what ever number to do this long awaited and much needed upgrade for our disabled fans.

11.55 into this video. Demonstrates that Rows U, V, W are removed leaving X, Y, Z and AA in place behind, except for the seats removed to install the access lift.
Interesting plans. New big massive disabled toilets for the coke snorting twunts in the support to have a wee party to themselves in.

Im still in disbelief that the board are actually reducing the capacity of Ibrox to under 50k for the first time in decades and when there is a clear demand for more tickets, not less!!!

11k seats behind Celtic is no joke. Aside from anything else it’s millions more in extra ticket revenue when compared to us.

It’s absolutely crazy. Nobody has an issue with improving facilities for the disabled but there had to be a better way than this.
The plan is to increase though.

What difference does a slight reduction make in the short term if it provides better facilities for those who are already living a tough life.

And, the plan is to increase the numbers. (I have my doubt if that will happen in any meaningful time). But even if it wasn’t, I’d happily drop the attendance by what ever number to do this long awaited and much needed upgrade for our disabled fans.
says you in the broomloan rear
who happily saw the away support cut to 800 at the piggery

Out of interest, was the away section mooted for the disabled area and move them to where the UB currently stand? Move UB centre and still build the extensions raising capacity? Would the away section have provided enough space and facilities?

No the away section would have been totally inadequate for what is required.

Once the seats affected are confirmed the club will contact all those affected. From a timescale perspective it’s not expected for another month at least.
Does this mean it's not confirmed which rows in each stand will be moved yet?
Going by the presentation from the AGM BF & CF seem clear if it's accurate but SJF isn't clear at all hence all the guesswork. If we know what rows will likely be removed that may satisfy a lot on here regarding club communication and tone down the speculation until the individual Comms come out to all affected STH's.

Unless I have misunderstood I thought the capacity was going to increase.Making the stadium more accessible and comfortable for our disabled brothers and sisters will mean some fans being moved but I thought the Club were adding additional rows elsewhere to increase the overall capacity by around 800.

With the upgrades, I really hope the club are looking into removing those horrible office space at copland and broomloan and knock into them making facilities top notch on the concourses. Our concourses are a mess and really need better facilities.

With the upgrades, I really hope the club are looking into removing those horrible office space at copland and broomloan and knock into them making facilities top notch on the concourses. Our concourses are a mess and really need better facilities.
the slo has already knocked this on the head the other day ,when he said the office space in the copland and broomloan are are use and will continue to be required for usage by various parts of the clubs infrastructure

Unless I have misunderstood I thought the capacity was going to increase.Making the stadium more accessible and comfortable for our disabled brothers and sisters will mean some fans being moved but I thought the Club were adding additional rows elsewhere to increase the overall capacity by around 800.
There is no funding in place for this expansion , and no timescale for this at the moment .

So no funding for the expansion. What’s the timescale for doing such a job?

Means not till 2024 summer at even the very earliest and that’s optimistic

They will be

A section of fans have zero respect for things and no pride.
A sad reflection on Scottish society in 2022 not just at Ibrox .

Wee guys posing on tick tock with machetes thinking they are it, young lassies swearing and parading their wares all over social media for the world to see, and all of them openly snorting cocaine and monkey dust in front of parents and grandparents as if they are having a cup of tea and a scone.

Absolutely depressing and horrifying in equal measure. I fear for my kids and their kids futures.

A sad reflection on Scottish society in 2022 not just at Ibrox .

Wee guys posing on tick tock with machetes thinking they are it, young lassies swearing and parading their wares all over social media for the world to see, and all of them openly snorting cocaine and monkey dust in front of parents and grandparents as if they are having a cup of tea and a scone.

Absolutely depressing and horrifying in equal measure. I fear for my kids and their kids futures.
Its not sugar in their tea then ? lol

Don't mean to sound a dick about it, i'm just curious - if a disabled fan has someone with them to help out does the helper get in for free or do they need to buy a ticket too?

Does this mean it's not confirmed which rows in each stand will be moved yet?
Going by the presentation from the AGM BF & CF seem clear if it's accurate but SJF isn't clear at all hence all the guesswork. If we know what rows will likely be removed that may satisfy a lot on here regarding club communication and tone down the speculation until the individual Comms come out to all affected STH's.
We do not have confirmation on the exact rows and seats affected. Once they are finalised the club will contact those affected as soon as possible.

We do not have confirmation on the exact rows and seats affected. Once they are finalised the club will contact those affected as soon as possible.
No worries, good to know where it's at and the next step in the process. Cheers for clarifying as I appreciate you're probably getting bogged down with all of this the now.

Back to speculating until its confirmed for now :))

Fair dose of virtue signalling going on here.

It’s ok to want good facilities for those with disabilities, whilst also being pissed off at relocation.

It doesn’t make you a bad human being.
You wouldn't think it on here bud, some of the replies, you would think you were getting the seat for nothing

Hopefully the club will handle it in a sensitive manner, like ask those affected if they have mobility isssues or if they have family sitting nearby to be seated together(my 10 year old daughter seat is two seats behind me, obviously sits beside me whe she is at games, guy beside moves into hers)

Greg, is there any chance of the extra seats getting done at the same time as the new disabled platforms? It would be ideal to do it all at once

This board works at a snail's pace bud, let's see what happens
It would be more hassle to have two separate sets of works done than just to do it all at once. Get the builders there get them in early in may and get the cantilevers done as well. Minimal disruption if any for current season ticket holders everyone’s a winner and would take our capacity up to 51,500. Excellent

It would be more hassle to have two separate sets of works done than just to do it all at once. Get the builders there get them in early in may and get the cantilevers done as well. Minimal disruption if any for current season ticket holders everyone’s a winner and would take our capacity up to 51,500. Excellent
I've got a feeling everyone bumped out their seats, will get moved to a seat no one wants, and the cantilever seats will be sold as corporate for big bucks

I've got a feeling everyone bumped out their seats, will get moved to a seat no one wants, and the cantilever seats will be sold as corporate for big bucks
Greg confirmed we can’t make the cantilever seats corporate mate as all the office space in bath stands is taken up and used.

Personally I don't believe for a minute the board with drag out getting the cantilevered seating work done ,they are losing money by a reduced capacity and these seats will sell out easily when they are available.
Finances aside it would make sense to do both jobs at the same time ,hopefully they can raise the monies.

I'm fine bud, but it's my old pal who struggles, i doubt we'll get a seat together, he's talking about not bothering going back
A bloody shame if this happens to pass.I hope he gets a catered for like the rest of us affected.There is an oldboy behind me in CF3 Row W is in the same position. Now way could he get up the CD.

Back