Ibrox capacity increase

A stadium partner, and even at the end of the scale of say 150m redevelopment... is this really ouwith the realm of possibility? if that added 15-20k seats (plucked from the existing waiting list not a calculated total), then essentially you are mortgaging those seats to be full for x number of years. There are huge grants/sponsorship opportunities for stadium and sporting facility development, not to mention the fact that at an increased capacity the stadium becomes attractive for a whole number of other uses (gigs/european finals/other sporting finals) etc etc. I dont think our issue here is one of cashflow generation, more so its getting the trust back from the lenders after the financial mess we were left after DM.

Yes . Confirmed by Robertson.

Taken from the Bond booklet

In truth that design is nicer than the current enclosures keeps with the design of the Main Stand

Could we actually follow up the original plan?

9tjy1u.jpg

I think the original plan, whilst improving the sight lines, would have ended up with a lower capacity in the enclosures. I may be wrong though.

I think the original plan, whilst improving the sight lines, would have ended up with a lower capacity in the enclosures. I may be wrong though.

I don't think you would wrong there since the current seating goes underneath the Main Stand itself however that can be a problem for view if there is games were people stand for 90 minutes

So you could lose what 600-700 seats? if the original plan went ahead

That's essentially what they did at the San Siro for the 1990 WC in extending the roof supports past the perimiter of the stadium.

It's not the modern way to do it. A light (by comparison) cantilever roof like they've got at Old Trafford for example, would allow the black pillars to be removed and have no restricted view seats in the area.

It's the "best" way to do it but cost is the issue.

I've said on a few threads now all the same that I do wonder if Ibrox would lose some of its volume. The roof structure we have just now keeps in so much of the noise due to being over engineered. It's why Ibrox is far louder than the likes of Parkhead (despite the lines trotted out about great European atmospheres) as noithing leaves the ground. It's fucking deafening at times in a way that other grounds bit more recently can't be.
Agree with the last paragraph especially. The intensity of the atmosphere generated at Ibrox is special so one of main considerations should be not to dilute the atmosphere when any changes are made.

I was referring to these fans who think we should knock down 3 stands and build new ones, I believe we should try and get a 5/7 thousand extension but I think it is vital that we expand the Corporate Boxes

This is key. We have to make new capacity pay so it can’t just be standard season tickets it needs to be packages that add value

We Also need to increase revenue from improving the fan experience at Ibrox. Much more needs done and can be done on fanzine in the space we have.

That would generate significant income.

This is key. We have to make new capacity pay so it can’t just be standard season tickets it needs to be packages that add value

We Also need to increase revenue from improving the fan experience at Ibrox. Much more needs done and can be done on fanzine in the space we have.

That would generate significant income.

You make good points, however commercially we are being run extremely badly. We've made very little serious attempts to grow the commercial side of our business. We look small time.

I appreciate that the Ashley factor has been a challenge in this front but we continue to punch way under our weight on this front.

And i say this as someone who is a fan of the board. This is a blindspot that needs addressed.

You make good points, however commercially we are being run extremely badly. We've made very little serious attempts to grow the commercial side of our business. We look small time.

I appreciate that the Ashley factor has been a challenge in this front but we continue to punch way under our weight on this front.

And i say this as someone who is a fan of the board. This is a blindspot that needs addressed.

We have addressed this by appointing a new commercial director, a guy previously holding the same or similar title working for Uefa I think on the champions league.
Does anyone have confirmation of his start date or if indeed he has already started?

I am pretty certain that the Board have appointed someone to look at that side of thing, contracts take time and I would hope that next season will bring much more income

I agree.

Our commercial ventures have been either non-existent or absolutely appalling.

I'm just hoping that James Bisgrove can turn this around, because it is shocking how far off he mark we have been.

I like the idea of filling the corners where the Jumbotrons are but what about adding suspended Screens over the Pitch (like Dallas Cowboys), are the Stadiums roof high enough to put a rig across to support them? Just a thought

I like the idea of filling the corners where the Jumbotrons are but what about adding suspended Screens over the Pitch (like Dallas Cowboys), are the Stadiums roof high enough to put a rig across to support them? Just a thought

That’s an interesting idea which could be done, but, equally, could be very expensive!

With the cluggers in our league these would be smashed by a stray ball within the first 30 minutes.

Hopefully this is on the way to being addressed with the appointment of the new commercial director.

Is there any update to the stadium upgrades thread? I was enjoying seeing the renovations people were sharing from behind the scenes and the not obvious upgrades like the side panels at the broomloan and Copland road stands.

Been trying to see what I can from the RTV coverage, but obviously nothing beats physically being at the games and see the upgrades / renovations for yourself.

Can anyone share what they have noticed and any pictures for us less fortunate overseas bears?

Is there any update to the stadium upgrades thread? I was enjoying seeing the renovations people were sharing from behind the scenes and the not obvious upgrades like the side panels at the broomloan and Copland road stands.

Been trying to see what I can from the RTV coverage, but obviously nothing beats physically being at the games and see the upgrades / renovations for yourself.

Can anyone share what they have noticed and any pictures for us less fortunate overseas bears?
I’m in the Broomloan rear and the improvements I’ve seen is the track and dugouts and the half replaced cladding.

I’m puzzled by the half replaced cladding, as to why it seems to be “stuck” on being half done. We have had plenty of time to complete it since it was started. I have to say it looks great (the bits that are done) and will look great once finished.
I’m in the Broomloan rear and the improvements I’ve seen is the track and dugouts and the half replaced cladding.

Back