Ibrox gates

rupertdabear

A wee bit of help required bears . Our club are looking to get a copy of the middle gates made as near as possible to the originals.
Its going between 2 buildings (we own the entry) so no room for the full monty but i would like some snaps of the middle bit and posts with close up of the detail to get it made right and with no matches to attend, we are not likely to be over any time soon to take snaps .
Measurements of them too would be great (height & width)as we want to have them as near in proportion as possible to the real ones but sized to suit the available width.
all help welcome :))

These gates?

bbgates2.jpg

lets see progress pics when its started!
will do mate .don't post photo s but i'll learn .you would'nt want to see the gate at the minute.
gutter leaking from a building other side of the entry and the owner has.nt looked near in in the 16 years we have owned our place .
New gate on it about 7 years ago and its rotten with the constant water falling on it but we own the entry and the yard behind him .He is the one with the problem ;)

By my rough estimate for every metre wide it would need to be 1m 15cm high.
Going to be out of proportion mayby W x H
Its only 1760 mm wide and we need a min of 2 m height access on the opening gate plus the decorative rails for the Rangers name on top again.
have to break out the old drawing instruments and get cracking to see what i can come up with.
i ll be back for approval from you all before proceeding :)
thanks for the photos and interest lads .much appreciated .

Going to be out of proportion mayby W x H
Its only 1760 mm wide and we need a min of 2 m height access on the opening gate plus the decorative rails for the Rangers name on top again.
have to break out the old drawing instruments and get cracking to see what i can come up with.
i ll be back for approval from you all before proceeding :)
thanks for the photos and interest lads .much appreciated .

Might end up a bit stretched out. :)

CyiWwbx.jpg

Thanks mate .plenty of images online but could nt seem to get them close up like that to see the detail . don't know the rough size by any chance :))
Your'e not going to blag them are you? :)) seem to want a lot of info about dimensions. got a big lorry? One of the few things whyte didn't blag. By the way the gates at the west Broomloan are the originals.Leave them,please.;)

Might end up a bit stretched out. :)

CyiWwbx.jpg
Looks not too bad like that apart from the arch being a dit egg shaped ,i ll get drawing on it .
few things to consider too as the posts will have to be constructed around a solid core and a solid sheet on the back of the gate ,all for obvious reasons of security and a wee set of extra spikes on top to stop the scummy's that roam these parts.

Your'e not going to blag them are you? :)) seem to want a lot of info about dimensions. got a big lorry? One of the few things whyte didn't blag. By the way the gates at the west Broomloan are the originals.Leave them,please.;)
they d be kind of hard to keep under wraps :))
often wondered about the other set and why they were not made to match the originals.prob wouldn't be right to try to copy such a masterpiece anyhow.
whats the history of the newer ones .are they only there since reconstruction of the stadium

they d be kind of hard to keep under wraps :))
often wondered about the other set and why they were not made to match the originals.prob wouldn't be right to try to copy such a masterpiece anyhow.
whats the history of the newer ones .are they only there since reconstruction of the stadium
The new ones were used when the originals were put in storage and being repaired during reconstruction of stadium. Don't know why they didn't put the old ones back at Copland road end of stand though.

The new ones were used when the originals were put in storage and being repaired during reconstruction of stadium. Don't know why they didn't put the old ones back at Copland road end of stand though.
was reading a thread earlier from here in oct 2018 i think it was and there s quite a bit of info on them that was in a match programme ,especially around the blue bells and links or lack of them to the song the fans sing .interesting.
said the gates were move during the building of the club deck but no clear reason why they were placed at the copland road . not that long ago really so you'd thing someone would know the reason .

Back