Ibrox is further north than the Piggery

Had to look at this for an obscure reason and I was quite surprised.

Ibrox is actually slightly further north than Sharkheid

Must be the river which makes it feel differently

Got to be a great question for winning a few bob in the pub!
It is a good wee bit of trivia, well done.

This possibly came from an old quiz question, list the following football clubs north to south. Kilmarnock, Rangers, Berwick Rangers, Celtic. Answer being Rangers, Celtic, Berwick Rangers, Kilmarnock. The two curve balls being Rangers being further north than Celtic, and Berwick being further north than Kilmarnock. I feel another anti Nationalist f#ckwits rant coming on here.

Not having that
In geographical terms Lewis and Harris are indeed one island, the boundary between the two areas is traditionally Loch Seaforth but this doesn't divide the island. The narrowest point of land is at Tarbert on Harris, but there is no clear water between the two there either.

Lewis and Harris is also the UK's largest island.

Since the international date line is not a straight line, it’s possible to go between tomorrow, yesterday, and today by simply travelling directly north or south.

I've been drinking, but every week I leave Motherwell and head north passing the piggery before arriving at Ibrox.
So yes, Ibrox is further north.

Andrei Kanchelskis is the only man to have played in a Liverpool and Manchester derby and an Old Firm game.

Have I done this wrong (or won five pounds)?
Only player to have scored in them and I only know because I looked it up thinking surely more have played in all 3 but I'd still pay the fiver no problem for that!!

Back