Ibrox is further north than the Piggery

Had to look at this for an obscure reason and I was quite surprised.

Ibrox is actually slightly further north than Sharkheid

Must be the river which makes it feel differently

Got to be a great question for winning a few bob in the pub!
The only thing that surprises me is that you didn't know that. If you are on the M8 passing where the Haugh ferry used to be, heading in the direction of parkhead, the massive Boards with The South on it is probably a clue.

A good quiz Question is. If you leave on your boat from lands end and sail due south. What country will you land at.

The worlds total population of humans could live in Texas.
You think?

That equates to a population density of >25,000 people per square mile.

Only three places in the world top that: Macau, Monaco and Singapore (plus Vatican City, but that’s a special case). As another reference point, it would be more than double the population density of New York City - over the whole of Texas.

A good quiz Question is. If you leave on your boat from lands end and sail due south. What country will you land at.
Spain. Some stupid cow on Millionaire had this as a question not too long ago and said Portugal, which of course does not have a north coast B-D

Assuming this isn’t a trick question - Land’s End, Cornwall? you sail south in a straight line, despite winds and currents, etc - the answer ought to be the north coast of Spain.

I always thought (- I'm sure I remember reading it somewhere- but can't find where now - despite searching google - )
That the location in the U.K. with more hours of sunlight (nothing to do with temperature) than anywhere else - was South Uist

I also understood the U.K. city with the highest rainfall was Swansea

The furthest Western point of the U.K. is Rockall which is nearer to Iceland than Scotland

Robert the Bruce was probably an Essex boy ( his father definitely was )

In 1900 there were more reformed churches in Dublin than there were in Belfast

The entire population of the world could fit onto the Isle of Wight - if they all stood shoulder to shoulder

That's about the extent of my trivia 'party pieces' - & probably none of them are actually true

Longest official road in UK is the A1 at 410 miles (London to Edinburgh)

The longest unofficial road is the Euro 5 route, (which isnt recognised in uk) starting in Greenock and stopping at Southampton (450 mile). This road is part of Euro 5 route that continues to Algeciras in Spain.

Old tour driver knowledge

The northernmost part of the East coast of England - north of Berwick-upon-Tweed - is further north than Hamilton.

55.81 degrees north, versus 55.77 degrees north.
This also works for Newton Mearns. In fact, if you're going South from Glasgow, it's true from around Whitecraigs Golf Club....

So is the Gareloch, and that’s all that matters

Was there not an online quiz about such things once? You had to rank all the Scottish grounds form north to south.

A few surprises in there. Elgin further north than Dingwall. New Douglas Park further north than Fir Park

Back