Ibrox Noise, genuine ?

the count

I have posted this before with no answers, can anyone tell if this site is genuinely a Rangers site more negative stories on it today, It seems that's all that's on it.

If it's a Facebook /Twitter page then 99/100 times it's nonsense.

It was more of a blog/news site and predates the explosion of social media. It's been covered a million times on here before. Danny who set it up is a bear but one whose forte is going against the grain of popular opinion even if he contradicts himself. He isn't connected to anyone at the club and has no inside info.

Just ignore him and spread the word.

I have posted this before with no answers, can anyone tell if this site is genuinely a Rangers site more negative stories on it today, It seems that's all that's on it.

Said this previously but when IN started it was good and refreshing after we came out of the doldrums of 2012.
However, it’s seems that now we seem to be on the up they have become very negative!
A strange one indeed?

When I saw the thread title, I thought it was something to do with the ‘artificial atmosphere,’ that has been the subject of discussion in other threads, which would be nonsense as far as we are concerned.

Hyperbole, click bait titles which lead to a non story for the vast majority of the time. You won't learn anything new there imho.

I detest Danny Milan and his hyperbole fanzine. Absolute embarrassment, often late to the party on issues and blows shite out proportion for clicks. Ignore..they never have anything exclusive or interesting to say, they just stir the pot.

I followed him briefly when I used Twitter. Always seemed an odd one and played on an illness, IIRC!

It was more of a blog/news site and predates the explosion of social media. It's been covered a million times on here before. Danny who set it up is a bear but one whose forte is going against the grain of popular opinion even if he contradicts himself. He isn't connected to anyone at the club and has no inside info.

Just ignore him and spread the word.
About 5 or so years ago (possibly longer) there was a (not-so-merry) band of them on twitter who would go after anyone supportive of RST etc and loved the various cartoon regimes in between times.

Similar to RM at that time. Would always get personal.

It is pish, but they have somehow got to be a featured blog on the Bleacher Report platform. I get alerts on my phone with their nonsense. At the point where I'm going to unsubscribe from Rangers on B/R.

When I saw the thread title, I thought it was something to do with the ‘artificial atmosphere,’ that has been the subject of discussion in other threads, which would be nonsense as far as we are concerned.
Bit OT but why would it be nonsense? The atmosphere at Ibrox is terrible most of the time.

Correct. Canned applause is not required. The duty of the fans is to do more.

The fans want to do more but they need the right circumstances. That means safe standing and agreement on what can and can't be sung. The club needs to take the lead on this and I thought the SLO could be instrumental in getting things moving.

Dont forget the players have stated on numerous occasions how important the atmosphere is to their performance.

The fans want to do more but they need the right circumstances. That means safe standing and agreement on what can and can't be sung. The club needs to take the lead on this and I thought the SLO could be instrumental in getting things moving.

Dont forget the players have stated on numerous occasions how important the atmosphere is to their performance.
The atmosphere at games against the mentally challengeds is good, so safe standing is not the issue, getting fans up for the occasion is. Your point on songs is correct.

The worst was The blue sea of Ibrox on facebook page, too busy talking about Rangers & Celtic fans uniting, fuckig gimp

The atmosphere at games against the mentally challengeds is good, so safe standing is not the issue, getting fans up for the occasion is. Your point on songs is correct.

Just because the atmosphere at some games is better than at others doesnt negate the benefit of safe standing. If we'd have had safe standing against the mentally challengeds the atmosphere would have been even better.

I think safe standing will surprise a lot of people who maybe havent experienced games before all seater stadiums became the norm.

Just because the atmosphere at some games is better than at others doesnt negate the benefit of safe standing. If we'd have had safe standing against the mentally challengeds the atmosphere would have been even better.

I think safe standing will surprise a lot of people who maybe havent experienced games before all seater stadiums became the norm.
It doesn’t necessarily improve the other 3/4 of the ground though and I’m not against safe standing. Too many fans just view it as a day out and expect us to take care of the poorer sides in the league.

WHY?
the enclosures were the traditional last end that was standing

It doesn’t necessarily improve the other 3/4 of the ground though and I’m not against safe standing. Too many fans just view it as a day out and expect us to take care of the poorer sides in the league.

Back in the 60s and early 70s if you wanted to sing at Ibrox you headed to the Derry. Most other parts of the ground only joined in when something special happened. That's the way most grounds worked.

When Rangers seated the Derry and re named it the centenary stand the Ibrox 'choir' moved behind the goals.

Rangers then took this terracing away to build the Copland Rd Stand. Many fans who didnt bother about singing applied for seats there and this had a detrimental affect on the 'choir'.

To cut a long story short the enclosures became the choir through default as all other areas were seated. They then became all seated and our support was fragmented.

We haven't recovered and won't until Rangers give us back a proper, high profile standing area preferably with rover tickets enabling supporters groups and pals to move around as they desire. Wishful thinking on my part but necessary all the same.

Back in the 60s and early 70s if you wanted to sing at Ibrox you headed to the Derry. Most other parts of the ground only joined in when something special happened. That's the way most grounds worked.

When Rangers seated the Derry and re named it the centenary stand the Ibrox 'choir' moved behind the goals.

Rangers then took this terracing away to build the Copland Rd Stand. Many fans who didnt bother about singing applied for seats there and this had a detrimental affect on the 'choir'.

To cut a long story short the enclosures became the choir through default as all other areas were seated. They then became all seated and our support was fragmented.

We haven't recovered and won't until Rangers give us back a proper, high profile standing area preferably with rover tickets enabling supporters groups and pals to move around as they desire. Wishful thinking on my part but necessary all the same.
As someone old enough to remember standing areas generally but not the areas you mention (the enclosures aside) it would be interesting to see the result.

WHY?
the enclosures were the traditional last end that was standing

See my recent post.

Incidentally why have a standing area split down the middle? Its not a good idea as the singing starts in the middle.

Another issue is the enclosures arent visible to a tv audience and we really want to showcase our support to the world.

Fair post mate. I had a season ticket for the West enclosure and there were always about 15 of us would meet in the same area,even though we would go to the game separately. Got to know other gers fans who done much the same and the banter was always good. Once it was all seated,everyone was split all over the ground and it just wasn't the same after that.

Used to dip into R now, don’t bother now because it read like, empty vessels makes the most noises, full of their own importance.

A clueless wannabe, who has seldom, if ever frequented Ibrox.

If you want good stories take a look at vanguard bears, great read.

I detest Danny Milan and his hyperbole fanzine. Absolute embarrassment, often late to the party on issues and blows shite out proportion for clicks. Ignore..they never have anything exclusive or interesting to say, they just stir the pot.
A Timmy I have the misfortune to know uses this guff to have a go at me it's all embarrassing bullsh-t

Back