Ibrox Pitch progress?

What’s the blue Astro chat?

Remember the excitement when people thought we were getting blue tarmac/concrete/other pish - only then to be let down when we got some horrible washed out grey thing. :)

I think the Astro at the dugouts and pitch surrounds are going blue.

Remember the excitement when people thought we were getting blue tarmac/concrete/other pish - only then to be let down when we got some horrible washed out grey thing. :)

I think the Astro at the dugouts and pitch surrounds are going blue.

Ah, cheers, mate.

Hope so.

Can't get it to paste from clipboard..sorry
If you’re looking for a ‘simple’ method that works on PC, tablet and mobile then try this.

Go to https://postimages.org/ and leave it as the default 'do not resize my image' in the first box (though you can select something else if you want it bigger/smaller).

Leave the default ‘no expiration' in the second box.

Click on the 'Choose Image' button to select your image to upload and let the website upload the image.

Once it is uploaded click on the small icon to the right of the ‘hotlink for forums’ row and it will copy the relevant link.

Paste your link into the Quick Reply box.

If you’re looking for a ‘simple’ method that works on PC, tablet and mobile then try this.

Go to https://postimages.org/ and leave it as the default 'do not resize my image' in the first box (though you can select something else if you want it bigger/smaller).

Leave the default ‘no expiration' in the second box.

Click on the 'Choose Image' button to select your image to upload and let the website upload the image.

Once it is uploaded click on the small icon to the right of the ‘hotlink for forums’ row and it will copy the relevant link.

Paste your link into the Quick Reply box.

Looks a long way off playable with less than a month till friendly v Aresenal...
Looks fine just now, is it 27 days away? With whatever feeds, artificial enhancement and also fairly decent and consistent weather temp wise, that's gonna get good coverage quickly.

Looks a long way off playable with less than a month till friendly v Aresenal...
Well it only got finished on Thursday. I was in Argyll house last Saturday and the pitch looks 1000% times better from the pic above that it did then!!!

The RTV stage is still up in the west enclosure. A little hint that perhaps their will still be no fans inside on opening day.

I hope so.
Humpz is your man, my knowledge is old, however with all the trace elements etc and other growth enhancing stuff for root zones and swards, it'll be fine. Might not be perfect complete pitch wise to the naked eye and knowing groundsmen, we'd always want more time, itll look great

This is correct, we would love more time and after the Arsenal game, we will certainly have our wqork cut out but the stitching is going to help alot.

Surely if the likelihood is no fans in attendance yourself and the rest of our grounds team can push to have the game moved. I and I’d imagine all fans would rather the pitch had the best possibly opportunity to bed itself in properly. After all the friendly is basically meaningless doesn’t matter where its played.

Surely if the likelihood is no fans in attendance yourself and the rest of our grounds team can push to have the game moved. I and I’d imagine all fans would rather the pitch had the best possibly opportunity to bed itself in properly. After all the friendly is basically meaningless doesn’t matter where its played.
Too much sense mate.

Aye why would it make sense the listen to the people who maintain our playing surface! Had a feeling it would be like that.
I would hazard a guess that those higher up would say “look we gave you the cash to do the whole pitch” and their thoughts are now they want to maximise the time on it. If it was going to destroy it completely I’d get the argument but i imagine if they believe it just means a bit more work for they guys and gals after the game they will probably want to accept that wee bit of risk.

I would hazard a guess that those higher up would say “look we gave you the cash to do the whole pitch” and their thoughts are now they want to maximise the time on it. If it was going to destroy it completely I’d get the argument but i imagine if they believe it just means a bit more work for they guys and gals after the game they will probably want to accept that wee bit of risk.
I hear what you are saying.

My opinion would be that if there is going to be any detrimental impact to the pitch, the game should not take place at Ibrox. It's a pre season game probably with little or no fans. So not essential to host it.

If everthing is ok, then fair enough but we shouldn't be taking any unnecessary risks which would hamper the pitch.

My opinion would be that if there is going to be any detrimental impact to the pitch, the game should not take place at Ibrox. It's a pre season game probably with little or no fans. So not essential to host it.

If everthing is ok, then fair enough but we shouldn't be taking any unnecessary risks which would hamper the pitch.
And bedding in is the key to easier future maintenance you would think

I agree by the way, I should have emphasised it was a theory and not my thoughts they were correct to do it. I think another complicating factor is the fact that this game is part of the 150th celebrations, and again I would imagine that this and how this is integrated to this celebratory season will also influence their decision. As I say not saying I agree but I do always try to think from the opposite side to see if I can see any logic and in this case I can. Only hope is that if the pitch does not come on as needed they would be brave enough to make a hard call and move it then.

My understanding is that the pitch will be playable for the 17th but not as good as it eventually will be. SIS I believe were a bit behind due to unforseen problems but we are now reliant on the weather being kind. Fingers crossed.

Back