Ibrox Pitch progress?

Robert California

By my reckoning its 3.5 weeks now since SIS came in to revamp the pitch and what lies below.

Anyone, perhaps @HumpZ able to give an update on how long it takes, and what is still to come?

I saw a Twitter picture today that looked like it may be getting prepared for soil, but I thats purely guesswork on my part.

Also, anyone know if this extensive rework will alter the measurements of the famous "camber"?

If you trawl through past bear pit pages, there was a decent thread on this very subject that was updated a few days ago, I think. Shame that there is no search function, otherwise I would provide a link.

If you trawl through past bear pit pages, there was a decent thread on this very subject that was updated a few days ago, I think. Shame that there is no search function, otherwise I would provide a link.
https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/work-started-on-the-new-pitch-at-Ibrox.164882/page-3

The pitch is nearly at the end. The stitching is getting closer and we will have 5 weeks before the Arsenal game to get things established. Not ideal but we will see how it goes!

The camber will not be as severe as before, The end project ended up being everything that was required right back to the original base from 20 years ago. Estimated to about 2.2 ft removed.

It will help us going forward especially drainage wise. Lot's of things still to be implemented which will help massively and looking forward to seeing it all come together.

Pretty much on schedule :)
Cheers for the update mr pitch

The pitch is nearly at the end. The stitching is getting closer and we will have 5 weeks before the Arsenal game to get things established. Not ideal but we will see how it goes!

The camber will not be as severe as before, The end project ended up being everything that was required right back to the original base from 20 years ago. Estimated to about 2.2 ft removed.

It will help us going forward especially drainage wise. Lot's of things still to be implemented which will help massively and looking forward to seeing it all come together.

How far down in the pitch is the undersoil hating system?

Good to hear mate.

It will be the best pitch in Scotland if we get the chance to grow it in!

The club have finally delivered on what's been required for years.
You mentioned the Arsenal match, does it still improve after that and beyond, as in the work going on at the moment?

It will be the best pitch in Scotland if we get the chance to grow it in!

The club have finally delivered on what's been required for years.
Do you think with this work carried out/money spent that this will put an end to talk that the club will lower the pitch and install new rows of seating?

Or would that still be an option in 3-4 years do you think?

Google’s a decent search function sometimes. If you put a post in or name of thread and Follow follow it often finds it.
(Not being funny btw!)

Is it just me or am I the only one who wants red white and blue nets. Like lyon had at the pre season tournament. Really think with new pitch the club can be looking into attention to detail on even the smallest thing. @Greg Marshall see if you could pass this idea over
Said this last summer, blue nets in the style of the bar scarf with white and red stripes down the centre would look class

I was there last Sunday and it looked more like Weymss Bay than a football pitch. But I got assurances it’ll be a football pitch by this time next month

This one?
https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/work-started-on-the-new-pitch-at-Ibrox.164882/

Great update Humpz.

On a similar subject, I seen an article that Man City spending big money on a full rebuild for their pitch. Its amazing the work that goes into getting the best pitches nowadays.

Is it just me or am I the only one who wants red white and blue nets. Like lyon had at the pre season tournament. Really think with new pitch the club can be looking into attention to detail on even the smallest thing. @Greg Marshall see if you could pass this idea over
I want blue grass. Is there anything in the rules to say we can’t

20210605-185648.jpg

Picture taken last weekend

The machine that weaves in the fibres was sat in front of the west enclosure this evening. After 3 weeks of working on the undersoil heating and adding hundreds of tons of sand looks like they may be moving to the next stage very soon. Guys still working at 8pm on a Friday night on it.

"The new build will include an air vacuum system for the first time which can pull moisture out of the pitch against the force of gravity, meaning the Etihad Stadium pitch will be one of just a handful to have this type of system in the UK."

This is literally the only difference between the pitch builds. We couldn't justify this cost sadly with our current budget.
Is this a subair system? I have previous experience (albeit a few years ago) with these in a former job.
extremely costly on a small scale, I’d hate to hazard a guess at how much this would cost on this size of project!

The artificial only actually accounts for about 8% of the coverage, it jusst looks more from the distance. the seed will grow around it and it all interconnects. the artificial gives stability to the playing surface. it's not for aesthetic reasons but to help the pitch not cut up as easily.
Cheers mate

The artificial only actually accounts for about 8% of the coverage, it jusst looks more from the distance. the seed will grow around it and it all interconnects. the artificial gives stability to the playing surface. it's not for aesthetic reasons but to help the pitch not cut up as easily.
8% is a little more than the 5% that I've read about. Is that due to the climate here?

I am old but. maybe one of you young lads couldlet me know what is wrong with oldfashioned grass. The stuff we grew up playing on when we had great big cork studs and sliding tackles were de rigeur.

Back