Ibrox Pitch progress?

Due to the fact that the way the pitch is removed. it's just not possible to lift a football pitch and sell to supports, the time it would take would outweigh any income.

not only would we have to keep 7500m of turf wet and in a living state whilst in a period of severe tight time constraints which is just not possible never mind worth it.

the pitch was ripped up overnight. We're already pushing it for the arsenal game nevermind losing another 2 weeks just to make some money which in the grand scheme of things would be peanuts.

Go to any golf club that has the rootzone kicking around and take some and then you can have your very own Ibrox but be prepared to water it like heck!
A free for all would have had the pitch ripped up in minutes. B-D

I’ve been following this thread, lot of good info

seen this article pop up today in the guardian related to pitches as well

A well written, in-depth article on how the art of pitches has changed dramatically to the extent that an exceptionally well laid pitch will give the top teams a cutting edge and possibly extra points throughout the season. Interestingly, the FA banned plastic pitches in 1995 as it was considered to be too much of a ’leveller’ between the diddy teams and the top ones.

I pass Ibrox regularly and the amount of stuff that gets dumped outside the Family Stand and then shipped in is unreal.

If you’re in the front few rows of any stand I’d be worried about your seat being there next season.

This new pitch is obviously the priority but does anyone know what the progress is with completing the undercladding of the stands and replacing all the yellowed screens?
I know covid has happened since but this along with improvements to the face of the Broomloan and Edmiston Drive where planned for our anniversary season?

If the timeline is tight for the Arsenal friendly, would it not make sense to move the fixture to the training ground (esp. if fans will still be locked out)?

I’d hope we’re not risking anything by potentially playing on the surface too soon.

This new pitch is obviously the priority but does anyone know what the progress is with completing the undercladding of the stands and replacing all the yellowed screens?
I know covid has happened since but this along with improvements to the face of the Broomloan and Edmiston Drive where planned for our anniversary season?
From what I can see they have replaced around 50% of the yellowed corrugated panels but then inexplicably stopped for over a year now .

The clear ones look great but they now only serve to highlight how badly yellowed the remaining ones are . It takes the look off the whole stadium . Maybe someone on here can answer why the work has stopped and hasn’t resumed ?

Whats your thinking here? Not being sarcastic or anything but its a bit of a cryptic suggestion :D
I pass Ibrox regularly and the amount of stuff that gets dumped outside the Family Stand and then shipped in is unreal.

If you’re in the front few rows of any stand I’d be worried about your seat being there next season.

I've hoped for a couple of years now that they took the screens out and continued seating all the way from the Broom to the Cope. What a sight that would be. Do we really need them now-a-days?

I've hoped for a couple of years now that they took the screens out and continued seating all the way from the Broom to the Cope. What a sight that would be. Do we really need them now-a-days?
There's seats in the stadium that rely on the screens, depending on where the play is.

Aye, true. Didn't think of that. But I still think they take up too much room.

Is that issue from the pillars in the Main Stand?
Can be different areas, for example if you're somewhere low down in the enclosure and near the end of the stand, like SW5 (if iirc) then you rely on the screens when play is down towards the Copland.

From what I can see they have replaced around 50% of the yellowed corrugated panels but then inexplicably stopped for over a year now .

The clear ones look great but they now only serve to highlight how badly yellowed the remaining ones are . It takes the look off the whole stadium . Maybe someone on here can answer why the work has stopped and hasn’t resumed ?
One of the biggest issues I have with the Stadium. Seems mental to have started but left half a job and it looks bad. I’ve asked the SLO about it, but he’s unsure. It takes the look off the Stadium, and they actually replaced the bigger parts of it, so the last 3 panels must be easier.

A small detail, but bizarre not to have been finished.

Sort that, clean the club desk white beams (manky by the way and look awful, and stick down some Rangers Blue Astro pitch side and it will look terrific.

Big thanks though to Humpz and those on this thread for providing picture updates of pitch progress, looks almost complete, just the grass to grow now for the next 4-weeks

I’ve been following this thread, lot of good info

seen this article pop up today in the guardian related to pitches as well

Naively I never knew exactly how intricate it is. That’s a fantastic insight.

One of the biggest issues I have with the Stadium. Seems mental to have started but left half a job and it looks bad. I’ve asked the SLO about it, but he’s unsure. It takes the look off the Stadium, and they actually replaced the bigger parts of it, so the last 3 panels must be easier.

A small detail, but bizarre not to have been finished.

Sort that, clean the club desk white beams (manky by the way and look awful, and stick down some Rangers Blue Astro pitch side and it will look terrific.

Big thanks though to Humpz and those on this thread for providing picture updates of pitch progress, looks almost complete, just the grass to grow now for the next 4-weeks
And blue nets

5 minutes with a turf cutter just wouldn't have been the case.

It's not how parks are lifted and never will be.

I could tell you about 20 golf clubs that have the material from the pitch if you really want it

Stitching is complete now and it's a matter of hoping the weather stays with us and the Arsenal game should be ok
Is this the ideal weather, as opposed to heavy rainfall?

The pitch was finished up on thursday, Now it's matter of letting nature doing it's thing alongside applications of products and some other methods to try and get it ready for Arsenal.

Here's hoping it all goes to plan!

SIS and AllGrass were excellent and it all went to plan pretty much.
Excellent . Can you confirm what colour of Astro turf is being put down the touch line ? There’s a rumour it is blue which would be superb .

I am old but. maybe one of you young lads couldlet me know what is wrong with oldfashioned grass. The stuff we grew up playing on when we had great big cork studs and sliding tackles were de rigeur.
It needs loads of sunlight to grow and the stands don't allow that much in.

The pitch was finished up on thursday, Now it's matter of letting nature doing it's thing alongside applications of products and some other methods to try and get it ready for Arsenal.

Here's hoping it all goes to plan!

SIS and AllGrass were excellent and it all went to plan pretty much.
Surely they should be moving or cancelling the Arsenal game. It's not an essential game and probably no fans. Ridiculous that we are up against time for the pitch for a nothing game. Arrange a game elsewhere.

Surely they should be moving or cancelling the Arsenal game. It's not an essential game and probably no fans. Ridiculous that we are up against time for the pitch for a nothing game. Arrange a game elsewhere.
Exactly this,any ground anywhere,just let our pitch grow

Back