Ibrox pitch

munkoomccoist

Do we have a hybrid pitch at Ibrox? Could be wrong but seem to remember someone mentioning it just the penalty boxes we laid desso grass in the summer?

For the lack of games recently, to me the pitch looks a bit patchy in places. Just curious

It's what happens when you throw too much water on it when it is already sodden. Poor groundsman will get the blame, but he'll be doing what he's is told.

I didn’t think any of it was hybrid. I had heard that we were unimpressed with a hybrid pitch which was laid at the HTC and that was causing us to rethink plans to lay it at Ibrox. It’s a strange one because, if I recall correctly, the hybrid has a very low percentage of artificial in it - a figure of 7 or 8% is what I have in my mind but I could well be wrong in that.

I didn’t think any of it was hybrid. I had heard that we were unimpressed with a hybrid pitch which was laid at the HTC and that was causing us to rethink plans to lay it at Ibrox. It’s a strange one because, if I recall correctly, the hybrid has a very low percentage of artificial in it - a figure of 7 or 8% is what I have in my mind but I could well be wrong in that.

I was atOld Trafford last week and the guy mentioned it was 2%.

Reactions: ald
Walked up to my seat and looked down and thought what the %^*& have they done to the pitch. Guy beside me walked in and said it too

Pitch not looking too good at all.

Looks like something been happening down at corners of the Govan. Very patchy.

We’ve 6 of our next 8 games at home and we’re a side who knock the ball about really well. We need the pitch to be in good condition or it brings poorer teams into games. Certainly needs a bit of TLC in coming days/weeks to get it up to its usual standard.

Shocked at how poor the pitch was especially down broomloan end considering no game since boxing day was actually expecting it to be looking well

Wouldn't like to see some of the other pitches round the country

Hybrid in the penalty areas and a few other areas were done pre season. I posted a pic i took of the machine weaving in the fibres at the time.

A few areas looking pretty patchy when I was in earlier in the week. The lamps were on it

I had a close look at the area in front of the UB's and it looked as if it was mostly just the fibres that were left and very little natural grass.

I noticed the head groundsman was hovering about that area at half time inspecting the area.

The pitch will become a bigger problem if they lower the pitch again due to getting less light

So you are blind as well not caring whether we play on a decent surface?
Do you remember how bad our pitch used to be when we had gazza and laudrup in the team? It was a little cut up tonight, there has been lots of rain. I didn't see the ball bobbling about everywhere

Take it you guys aren't from Glasgow but the weather has been horrendous last two weeks. There was flooding not too long ago

Do you remember how bad our pitch used to be when we had gazza and laudrup in the team? It was a little cut up tonight, there has been lots of rain. I didn't see the ball bobbling about everywhere
There has been lots of rain over the past two or three years and the pitch didn't look anywhere near as bad as it did tonight, pitch over the last few years has been excellent, It's actually worse than it looks as there has been plenty of green sand spread on it to cover up the really bare patches.

The weather also won't improve for a while yet so it will get even worse and even more so seven of our next nine games are at home, It will be a mess if we get a lot of rain over the next few weeks, the pitch is extremely important as we need it to be perfect for the second half of the season.

Does my tits in looking at even some championship teams in England whose pitches are fantastic all year round, a club the size of Rangers should have the best pitch available as it's an important part in what we do in playing good football on the ground.

You can't cut corners with these pitches, you either do it properly and spend the cash or do it like Hearts did on the cheap and end up with a pitch worse than our own, pretty sure for a top notch desso pitch your looking at between £1.5m - £2m.

Patches are mostly from the rain we have had which will be dripping off the roofs of the stand onto the bit below.its done nothing but rain the last 3/4 weeks.

Looked poor tonight.

With the number of home games we have coming up it doesn't bode too well for the state if it.

A lot of rain in Northern England but their pitches seem in far better condition that ours - and they don't have a break.

Someone has f.ucked up.

Disappointing.

I know we like the glib smart arse style of posting on FF but some people need to get a fucking grip.

Valid question and subject topic ffs.

Will we just talk about how dreamy Stevie G is constantly?

There has been lots of rain over the past two or three years and the pitch didn't look anywhere near as bad as it did tonight, pitch over the last few years has been excellent, It's actually worse than it looks as there has been plenty of green sand spread on it to cover up the really bare patches.

The weather also won't improve for a while yet so it will get even worse and even more so seven of our next nine games are at home, It will be a mess if we get a lot of rain over the next few weeks, the pitch is extremely important as we need it to be perfect for the second half of the season.

Does my tits in looking at even some championship teams in England whose pitches are fantastic all year round, a club the size of Rangers should have the best pitch available as it's an important part in what we do in playing good football on the ground.

You can't cut corners with these pitches, you either do it properly and spend the cash or do it like Hearts did on the cheap and end up with a pitch worse than our own, pretty sure for a top notch desso pitch your looking at between £1.5m - £2m.
Bang on the money mate.

Back