Ibrox pre 1978 thread

Ibrox on the left hand side, from the Empire Exhibition 1938.
1938_Empire_Exhibition_view_east_over_Scottish_Avenue.jpg

Game might be aff!
5q2xrIR.jpg
Goosebumps. That's roughly where I generally got planted on the wall by my cousin before he headed into the midst of The Derry, appearing again briefly at HT with a macaroon bar. Christ I feel old. Fantastic pic tho

Could easily be wrong, but that looks like Sandy Archibald, Andy Cunningham and Tommy Cairns in the front row with Alan Morton, and Tommy Muirhead in the back row.

I would expect t us to have dominated a Scottish league eleven back then.
I think you are right @dh1963 and possibly Jimmy Kerr the Rangers trainer in front of Maley. Thanks to @Farley1968 for posting the video. Really interesting to see Ibrox in the early 1920’s.

Is this not John Griegs testimonial v Scotland
It's weird, AG.

I was at both games, and I distinctly remember this happening in his testimonial. But when I posted this photo, years ago, a couple of posters said I was getting the games mixed up. Being outnumbered, I assumed they were right and I was wrong!

Lja06LO.png

TdRkUHx.png

KxnJ7Dn.png

6FJfRRt.png

I doubt JG would be wearing an Adidas tracksuit at his testimonial when the strip he is wearing in it was made by Umbro.
I was at both games and the “chariot” was the Airdrie game, they beat us 1-0 in front of 63,000.

It's weird, AG.

I was at both games, and I distinctly remember this happening in his testimonial. But when I posted this photo, years ago, a couple of posters said I was getting the games mixed up. Being outnumbered, I assumed they were right and I was wrong!

Lja06LO.png

TdRkUHx.png

KxnJ7Dn.png

6FJfRRt.png
I had that programme, donated it to The Ibrox Bar in Tenerife.

It's weird, AG.

Lja06LO.png

TdRkUHx.png

KxnJ7Dn.png

6FJfRRt.png
I'm sure Rod Stewart is in the programme somewhere, he was on the Testimonial committee.

I'm sure Rod Stewart is in the programme somewhere, he was on the Testimonial committee.
Never understood why that fanny was invited on to the committee, he was already singing the praises of the mentally challengeds by then.

What happened to flags at the half way line?
I think the stopped being obligatory in the 1980’s. They are still optional if anyone wants to use them, but the mostly just get in the way and are considered a nuisance on the half way line . . . a bit like the former Celtc manager, so they got rid of him too!

Back