Ibrox Stadium – Ibrox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Summerisle

Administrator
Staff member
For the purposes of clarification, Ibrox Stadium is not referred to as Ibrox, Ibrox Stadium has never been referred to as Ibrox, and Ibrox Stadium will never be referred to as Ibrox.

Ibrox patter is horrendous.
If you want to talk about Ibrox on FF, start a thread about Juventus – otherwise, do not bother.

And if you are thinking about using Ibrox term in relationship to Rangers in some misguided sense of humour, please be warned that you receive a three-day ban in order for you to think about the error of your ways.

In case this is not yet clear: Ibrox Stadium is not referred to as Ibrox, Ibrox Stadium has never been referred to as Ibrox, and Ibrox Stadium will never be referred to as Ibrox.

You have been warned.

221009horror4b.jpg

No longer stickied because the lady's front bottom who is @mdingwall has threatened to change Ibrox in the FF swear filter so that it automatically becomes Ibrox.

I tried my best to stop this cringeworthy term, Bears – but it’s over to you lto ensure this abomination of a term is shot down whenever annoying people use it.
Kind of it's ma ba and ma rules.

Last edited:
No longer stickied because the lady's front bottom who is @mdingwall has threatened to change Ibrox in the FF swear filter so that it automatically becomes Ibrox.

I tried my best to stop this cringeworthy term, Bears – but it’s over to you lto ensure this abomination of a term is shot down whenever annoying people use it.
I agree it's terrible. The banter years is equally as bad, if not worse.

I can live with the 'banter years' and 'Stevie G Express' stuff, it's nothing more than a (boring) bit of a laugh. Referring to our iconic, World-famous stadium by anything other than it's proper name is shameful however - and perpetrators should be burned at the stake! :mad::)

Can Some one please explain wtf banteryears is?
Some stupid term created by a Rangers fan to laugh off all that happened post 2012 to date, in the failed hope that it would negate the comments of our opponents. Reality is it's embarrassing.

I can live with the 'banter years' and 'Stevie G Express' stuff, it's nothing more than a (boring) bit of a laugh. Referring to our iconic, World-famous stadium by anything other than it's proper name is shameful however - and perpetrators should be burned at the stake! :mad::)
stop acting like an old lady :D

I mentioned on Sucks thread earlier, Ibrox was a term the NIAR side used in reference to the pitch, I'm sure that's where it stemmed from.

Its daft, cringey patter but I wouldn't get upset over it.

Why’s everyone on this forum so concerned about the patter everyone else uses.

How about we all be big adults and decide what patter to use ourself. If it’s honkin it’s Honkin, don’t use it. :D

Start your own forum then

Other than on here, I have never heard anyone refer to Ibrox as 'Ibrox'.

It has always been 'Ibrox', or 'The Stadium', apart from one mate who referred to it as 'The Brox'

Personally, nothing other than 'Ibrox', or 'The Stadium' is acceptable.

It's mentally challengedesque to steal another clubs idea, song or even name for their stadium. Apart from that Ibrox is cringey. Football is a man's game why would Juve fans use that term?

Just googled the reason and it's too long winded not worth explaining.

Last edited:
It's pish patter. Maybe the worst on here but there is much right up there close.
So don't think anyone should be banned for it. Just up to those who it really annoys to give constructive abuse to anyone who posts it!

If we were handing out bans for every bit of shite patter the board would be empty.
I would probably be on a permanent ban.

The first time I even heard anyone calling Ibrox this was on the old board. And it was a creepy post from what looked like an obvious tim on the wind up. And he was took to task and told F off with that pater.

I cringe whenever anyone one uses it and usually it’s from someone trying to wind us up. I’ve never heard a rangers fan at a game or anywhere else use the term.

Ladies front bottom is also cringe inducing but that seems to have come from the heart and hand podcast, where funnily enough I think it’s funny when David says it. Just don’t want to read it on here.

I think we should call it Badger Island as that is the english translation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back