Ibrox stadium tour.

Coza

I am 41 but finally done the stadium tour today and thought it was fantastic. There was so much to see and enjoy for the £15 (adult) and £5 (junior) price. I honestly thought it was going to be 25 minutes slap bang in and out not the full 90 minutes we had with some extent freedom to hang around in the dressing room etc to get photos done so long as you then caught the tour up.

One the that struck me was the difference in size between the home and away dressing room. Was that ever cited as an issue when we were keen to host a European final prior to hampden and their midden being upgraded? It strikes me as the sort of thing uefa would not be happy with given how small the away dressing room was.

The wood panelling being from the Queen Mary was personally nuts to me as when I walked into the marble staircase area I told my son it reminded me of the royal yacht I visited in USA only for that fact to be dropped during the tour.

The only downside for me was that I had heard most of the stories before be it through folk on here mentioning them or just reading up on the club. It would be amazing to have an even more in depth tour for the geeks like me that love that history etc. I suppose the tour content was just ideal given my 9 year old easily bored son said afterwards ‘that was amazing! I thought it might be boring but I loved that.’

The story about the medal being found in EK sounded suss to me. I reckon that was pinched before someone had a moment of consciousness and handed it back to the club. The grand father clock story is tremendous too - mean we are winning the UCL in 10 years or so I think. :D

The only other thing that freaked me out was our tour guide (Lawrence) walked into the room and said in your tour guide today and I’m called Lawrence. I have no idea where I have seen him before but he must have featured on inside Ibrox or something as I knew his name before he said it. Really nice guy anyway and happy to chat away about anything in between his official bits.

Next tour to do now is the founders trail. That’s quickly moved to a must do for me.

Well done rangers. I actually often feel the club does these things half arsed or just not very well but today was an absolute joy.

ps how small is messi’s shirt!?! Wowza XL boys size it looked like to me. o_O

Done the tour last month with my wife & daughter & I went in thinking the same thing it would be about half an hour then over. Ours lasted just under 2 & half hours, my daughter loved it & was not bored once. I’m not sure if that was Messi’s actual shirt though. Like yourself I hope to do the founders trail next.
Great day & would highly recommend

I am 41 but finally done the stadium tour today and thought it was fantastic. There was so much to see and enjoy for the £15 (adult) and £5 (junior) price. I honestly thought it was going to be 25 minutes slap bang in and out not the full 90 minutes we had with some extent freedom to hang around in the dressing room etc to get photos done so long as you then caught the tour up.

One the that struck me was the difference in size between the home and away dressing room. Was that ever cited as an issue when we were keen to host a European final prior to hampden and their midden being upgraded? It strikes me as the sort of thing uefa would not be happy with given how small the away dressing room was.

The wood panelling being from the Queen Mary was personally nuts to me as when I walked into the marble staircase area I told my son it reminded me of the royal yacht I visited in USA only for that fact to be dropped during the tour.

The only downside for me was that I had heard most of the stories before be it through folk on here mentioning them or just reading up on the club. It would be amazing to have an even more in depth tour for the geeks like me that love that history etc. I suppose the tour content was just ideal given my 9 year old easily bored son said afterwards ‘that was amazing! I thought it might be boring but I loved that.’

The story about the medal being found in EK sounded suss to me. I reckon that was pinched before someone had a moment of consciousness and handed it back to the club. The grand father clock story is tremendous too - mean we are winning the UCL in 10 years or so I think. :D

The only other thing that freaked me out was our tour guide (Lawrence) walked into the room and said in your tour guide today and I’m called Lawrence. I have no idea where I have seen him before but he must have featured on inside Ibrox or something as I knew his name before he said it. Really nice guy anyway and happy to chat away about anything in between his official bits.

Next tour to do now is the founders trail. That’s quickly moved to a must do for me.

Well done rangers. I actually often feel the club does these things half arsed or just not very well but today was an absolute joy.

Do you get your photo took with the spl trophy on the tour?

Do you get your photo took with the spl trophy on the tour?

No it’s in the trophy room so can stand next to it but it’s in the case.

The weird thing about the trophy room is that for me anyway it wasn’t the ECWC or the SPFL trophy that captivates as much as the really random things like the bike but the really one off items from far afield clubs or the pendants. I could have spent all day in there truth be told.

The away dressing is massive and luxurious in relative terms. It was actually upgraded in the early 00's to make it bigger for UEFA purposes. The showering and WC facilities are better than most teams Home dressing rooms.

Get on the founders trail if you want more stories and history.

One small thing that I noticed in the trophy room was the Alkass trophy the youngsters won a few years ago, don’t know why but I really liked that touch hopefully will spur a few of the young boys on to put a few more items in the trophy room

Think I might have been on your tour today as well. Was it the 13.30 one. Lawrence was great.

Club historian David Mason’s impromptu tours when you’re in hospitality are good too.

Would you need to be in the main stand hospitality!? £10k a year for that lounge. I’d 100% stick that through my business if I had a company to wash that through for clients etc.

Doing it on thursday, argyle house for lunch before hand. Being selfish, i hope its not as long as 2 hours as i want to be back in time for the kick off haha!

I've done it before a couple of times but this is a first time for the rest of my party that's going . always a good tour, so glad you enjoyed it

Doing it on thursday, argyle house for lunch before hand. Being selfish, i hope its not as long as 2 hours as i want to be back in time for the kick off haha!

I've done it before a couple of times but this is a first time for the rest of my party that's going . always a good tour, so glad you enjoyed it
Remember Argyle House restaurant is now in The Ibrox Suite.

One small thing that I noticed in the trophy room was the Alkass trophy the youngsters won a few years ago, don’t know why but I really liked that touch hopefully will spur a few of the young boys on to put a few more items in the trophy room
That was the plan!

Taking my wee girl up next week , she'll love seeing the trophy. She has asked about going to a game but she's not got the attention span for that yet.

Done the founders trail yesterday and then obviously the tour of the stadium. Absolutely essential experience for any Rangers fan. The knowledge the guys have and the work they have put into researching the founding fathers and also the amazing work on the grave restoration project is remarkable.

R.e finding out more historical stuff about the Club, you basically answered your own question.

The Founders Trail is the way to go.
So much to learn about the foundation of our Club, you'll wonder why you didn't do it years ago.
I’ve done the founders trail with my wee boy and enjoyed it so much I’ll be doing it again. I wonder if you can do the trail without the stadium tour though as it was a long day for the wee man literally 7 hours we were from pulling up at Ibrox at 11am we didn’t leave the stadium tour at the end until after 6pm

I took my 79 year old dad and 15 year old son to the 10.30 tour on Friday. John the tour guide took us round and was very informative. All three of us thoroughly enjoyed the tour and I would recommend it to anyone.

Agree with all of the above, the tour is excellent and I would strongly suggest any fan does it if you haven't already.

Our main stand is a work of art, but when you see the inner workings of it, it makes it all the more special.

I took my 79 year old dad and 15 year old son to the 10.30 tour on Friday. John the tour guide took us round and was very informative. All three of us thoroughly enjoyed the tour and I would recommend it to anyone.
I done the same mate three generations of bear I had a tear in my eye at some points absolute class

A good pal of mine Norman did the last tour we were on and it was incredible.
Every Rangers fan should do this and the founders trail, in fact I would get the players on it to so they can appreciate the history of the club and what it means to all of us.
Laugh, cry, pride, you feel every emotion as you are taken round our unique and wonderful stadium.

Back