• Yes

Votes: 191 44.3%
  • No

Votes: 74 17.2%
  • Fųck up

Votes: 166 38.5%

• Total voters
We can’t .

However the most glaringly obvious, relatively cheap “ fix” in the OPs pictures are in fact the screens.

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever why a club our size have absolutely tiny screens like portable televisions housed in giant grey fascia surrounds in the corner.

They look ridiculous . They are not fit for purpose in 2019.

With sponsorship and for a reasonable price we could get curved screens that take up that whole corner , everyone in the stadium could see them and they would improve the look of our stadium massively .

I have no idea why the board haven’t looked into it instead of going to the bother of repainting the fasciae dark grey in the summer .

I actually think that sounds amazing. I'm very much one of the "we need to spend wisely and focus on the squad first" people, but if the funds are there this would definitely make the stadium look a lot more impressive.

I don't get the '"70's" stands' term; it doesn't make any sense, especially when referring to the stadium from the pitch side. Albeit, perhaps, the exterior of those buildings may have a case for being upgraded, but the actual stadium and how it looks is not at all dated. I don't know what else is expected of it beyond having seating that provides a view to the pitch, and a safe environment in which to do so . Ibrox was designed in a very particular way, ahead of its time, and provided an incentive and guidance for how subsequent stadiums were built- even it's acoustics were considered at the time, and a lot of care went on to get every facet of the stadium right; it stands the time very well. Those who belittle it do so not appreciating how good it actually is I think.

Last edited:
In order to replace them and smarten up the appearance of the stadium, could a sponsorship deal for a firms name to be spelt out be explored?

Can’t see there being much interest in that as you would only see the sponsor when the stadium is empty.

Ibrox isn’t the Paedodome.

Can’t see there being much interest in that as you would only see the sponsor when the stadium is empty.

Ibrox isn’t the Paedodome.

You could do what Bayern do, they provide people who sit on a seat which contains part of the logo with a white top with white hood or hat.
Bit like a row of condoms. ;)

Slow news day/more things to worry about and all that but I've not really noticed how weird the colour of our seats have become compared to when they were new (shock horror)

IF9iUL7.jpg

220px-Ibrox.jpg

The whole stadium obviously needs a spruce but is it just me that would like to see every seat replaced? I loved the colour when they were new. Vote away!

#pishedramblings
We need a winning side a whole lot more than new seats

Sunderland fans did all the work over the summer at the stadium of light and the place looks much much better since. Absolutely no reason we couldn't do the same thing.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spo...tewart-donald-thanks-sunderland-fans-15377118

A before and after pic would’ve been helpful .

Can you imagine our board and fans trying to organise something similar ? 3,000 people helped replace those seats .

Shows what can be done when board and fans work in harmony .

If we ever do replace them let’s make it blue red and black for a wee change .

Below is before and after for the East Stand best I can find part of the East Stand was done a couple of year ago but stopped due the cost cutting that was happening to the club

Seat Change was done by the fans, players and even the owner Stewart Donald getting involved

Won an award for the initiative

501075518.0.jpg

New-seats-July-2018-stadium-of-light.jpg

Below is before and after for the East Stand best I can find part of the East Stand was done a couple of year ago but stopped due the cost cutting that was happening to the club

Seat Change was done by the fans, players and even the owner Stewart Donald getting involved

Won an award for the initiative

501075518.0.jpg

New-seats-July-2018-stadium-of-light.jpg

Superb mate thank you for posting .

Incredible difference .

Superb mate thank you for posting .

Incredible difference .

Couple of other images

Yeah it does make a difference and while at Ibrox it isn't on the scale of Sunderland we could replace some of the areas over a course of time, actually think the enclosures could be replaced 1st having sat there in the past of of seasons

Summer of 1995 most of Ibrox turned blue so they have done well to survive

I would love to see the corners filled in, and also keep thinking it would be great if we could bring the seats forward around the three stands and get rid of the running track, having the seats right next to the pitch like they are at Old Trafford. Obviously I know there's more to this with the roof probably needing extended etc, but think that would be much better than with the track. Also I think the water table has something to do with it but can't remember exactly what I've read on here as this has been discussed so many times!

Nah

I really don’t care what seats look like right now for example

I’m not overly concerned by what the stadium looks like when it’s empty

It’s outrageous . And there’s no need for it with the modern screens you can get . Ours are embarrassingly small .
They do the job for me! I sit in CF5 and have a bad right eye that glasses don’t help, so when the balls down the Broomloan end I almost always look at the screen above the away support to get a better look at what’s going on at that end.

They do the job for me! I sit in CF5 and have a bad right eye that glasses don’t help, so when the balls down the Broomloan end I almost always look at the screen above the away support to get a better look at what’s going on at that end.

If we had decent modern proper sized screens you’d be amazed at the difference .

I wish we'd fill the corners with seats and get rid of them stupid screens.Surely that could bump the capacity up to 60k?

A mentally challenged once told me we couldn’t put another tier on the Govan stand as we were on the flightpath for Glasgow airport. No often I’m lost for words but ffs that’s hard to beat even by their standards.

A mentally challenged once told me we couldn’t put another tier on the Govan stand as we were on the flightpath for Glasgow airport. No often I’m lost for words but ffs that’s hard to beat even by their standards.
That’s just made my night. Sounds like the bag of cans trumpet.

I wish we'd fill the corners with seats and get rid of them stupid screens.Surely that could bump the capacity up to 60k?

It’s been confirmed we cannot fill those corners in with seats . Numerous times .

All good stadia have screens , just not tiny ones like ours .

We need custom built decent sized curved screens that will fill in the whole corner instead of that dreadful grey cladding around a wee portable .

I don't get the '"70's" stands' term; it doesn't make any sense, especially when referring to the stadium from the pitch side. Albeit, perhaps, the exterior of those buildings may have a case for being upgraded, but the actual stadium and how it looks is not at all dated. I don't know what else is expected of it beyond having seating that provides a view to the pitch, and a safe environment in which to do so . Ibrox was designed in a very particular way, ahead of its time, and provided an incentive and guidance for how subsequent stadiums were built- even it's acoustics were considered at the time, and a lot of care went on to get every facet of the stadium right; it stands the time very well. Those who belittle it do so not appreciating how good it actually is I think.

Excellent post.

Came in to post the same.

Has anyone actually looked at the extensive improvements have been made?

New Pitch Side barrier gates all round.
Soffit repairs.
Roof renewal.
Fascia repairs.
General cleaning.
New numbers on the stairs of the GF.

The board are doing their best.

55 is everything.

Excellent post.

Came in to post the same.

Has anyone actually looked at the extensive improvements have been made?

New Pitch Side barrier gates all round.
Soffit repairs.
Roof renewal.
Fascia repairs.
General cleaning.
New numbers on the stairs of the GF.

The board are doing their best.

55 is everything.

It looos like they have given the Copland Road end roof a proper clean recently. The main stand roof is still absolutely manky though as is the Bromloan. I can’t see the Govan roof tbf as I sit in that stand. Maybe it’s an ongoing thing.

It looos like they have given the Copland Road end roof a proper clean recently. The main stand roof is still absolutely manky though as is the Bromloan. I can’t see the Govan roof tbf as I sit in that stand. Maybe it’s an ongoing thing.

There is a strategic maintenance/upgrading plan yes. But the focus on what may be tackled first may be on on getting 2022 just right.

I don't agree at all, Ibrox is far classier, IMO, with the all blue seating.

I'm led to believe that safe standing doesn't mean a larger capacity, everyone just stands in an allocated space where a seat would be used in European games.

You've been missled.

TBH i couldnt give a %^*& about seats lets get a team on the pitch that will win trophies then worry about that stuff.

I'd pay for my own seat.sure plenty of others would do the same if it helped the club
I certainly would. Maybe get something with armrests and a bit of padding. My arse has been getting fair numb recently with all the sitting and nothing to jump about for.

Didn't the blocks of flats around the outside of the stadium not used to be higher than the stadium. Maybe that's why they were taken down and not because they were an eyesore.

You know it's an International break when a thread like this is still on page one of the board 48 hours later.

Back