Ibrox to Queen Street station.

Hope he walked it because the Underground is a shambles tonight. Outer circle only, and now there's a medical emergency on an outer train. We're walking from Cessnock to town now in the pissing rain. Hope the person involved is OK first and foremost

Last edited:
Best way of getting to Queen Street by 23:09. Hope for the best on the subway or walk? Would I even need to leave early? If the subway queue is massive like it usually is could be tight enough.
Subway queue will be about 20/25 minutes then a further 15 minutes to Buchanan Street

Sitting on the train with a battered sausage supper. Was on the last subway out of Ibrox before it was stopped at kinning park. Walked from there to Queen Street. Thanks for all the advice again. Im sure there’s a few who’ve missed trains tonight.
Well done mate,

I was thinking of you when I was standing in the underground queue,

I like a happy ending.

:)

Hope whoever has taken ill on the subway is ok.

The reliability of the subway seems to be shocking just now. Broke down a couple of weeks ago too. When are they rolling out the new trains?

My son coming from Edinburgh for game got on subway at Buchanan Street which broke down at Kelvinbridge circa 7.15 so had to go long way round from there.
We joined the queue after full time to find it running very slow and did not get told by our glorious Sturgeon's Nasties till nearly at the Ibrox station that only one line was running.If known he could have walked into town to get his train to Edinburgh.
Two games in a row now that these morons made a c**t of things.

Stayed until end up in Clubdeck, went to Gents then headed into town on foot.

Quick stop at sainsburys opposite Central for a meal deal, then onto Queen Street. Arrived at 10.49.

Steps done for the day and train caught.

Shanks pony is the way forward OP.

Last edited:

Quick stop a sainsburys opposite Central for a meal deal, then onto Queen Street. Arrived at 10.49.

Oooooooooh.A meal deal.Walloper supper broon sauce tons of vinegar.Ther yar!!

Gave up waiting in the queue just before 11pm. Police were suggesting that only one more train would be running if the line started up at all. They were encouraging those waiting to make alternative arrangements. Got back to Saltcoats at twenty past midnight.

Probably waited about 30 mins on the underground, heard only 1 line was running, got in the station and on the platform then they made an announcement that someone had took ill on the other line, seen an ambulance at cessnock Station when I was walking past.

Home about 12:45am and now up for a 6am start, happy days.

Quick stop at sainsburys opposite Central for a meal deal, then onto Queen Street. Arrived at 10.49.

Can’t beat a Sainsbury’s meal deal.

I'm starting to think you are being serious :D
What makes you think I'm not serious?
The subway was a bit of a squeeze.

On the journey to the ground yesterday the train I was on left Queen Street at 18.02. At 18.16 I was walking down the Copland Road.
Mentalism for the masses I say.

What makes you think I'm not serious?
The subway was a bit of a squeeze.

On the journey to the ground yesterday the train I was on left Queen Street at 18.02. At 18.16 I was walking down the Copland Road.
Mentalism for the masses I say.
You said you got the subway at 11. Instead of getting off the subway at Buchanan St at 11.15 you were still waiting on the train at Partick :)

Walked to govan last night and got on the first subway even with it being suspended and was on the train home and up the road for just after 11.

Looks like i timed it perfect and got lucky

You said you got the subway at 11. Instead of getting off the subway at Buchanan St at 11.15 you were still waiting on the train at Partick :)
And I would then have waited on the train at Queen Street. Mental.

Did anyone end up in Partick?
Funnily enough, my mate apparently ended up watching the game in Partick! Subway got stuck on the way to the game and instead of waiting it out like we did, he bailed at Kelvinhall and tried to get a taxi but couldn't. Ended up giving up at 7.50pm and just went to the nearest boozer.

Fud.

Why would anyone get a taxi from st Enoch to Queen Street when they can get off at Buchanan Street? Going by this thread we must have thousands of fans making the most extraordinary arse out of getting home from Ibrox.

Made me laugh. I thought it was only women that had no sense of direction.

Eh? Where are you travelling to?

I think you might have won the bam-up contest as I'm pretty sure you're at it.
Here is my Bam free response.
Yesterday I got the 17.23 train from Bathgate to Partick. As I posted earlier today I was striding along Copland Road with a flootbon swagger at 18.16.
The return journey was, again as posted earlier, The subway to Partick (it was just after 23.00) I arrived at Partick at 23.11.
I got the 23.17 (it arrived at 23.19) back to Bathgate.
I missed out on the cultural highlight that is Buchanan Street (my loss I know).
I offered the OP an option of getting from the final whistle at Ibrox to Queen Street by 23.09 (other options are available as suggested by others) I'm personally keen to try the option that includes the taxi from St Enoch to Queen Street. I'm thinking of adding a straight jacket for extra excitement.
Ok, it wasn't Bam free (my bad)

Yesterday I got the 17.23 train from Bathgate to Partick. As I posted earlier today I was striding along Copland Road with a flootbon swagger at 18.16.
The return journey was, again as posted earlier, The subway to Partick (it was just after 23.00) I arrived at Partick at 23.11.
I missed out on the cultural highlight that is Buchanan Street (my loss I know).
I offered the OP an option of getting from the final whistle at Ibrox to Queen Street by 23.09 (other options are available as suggested by others) I'm personally keen to try the option that includes the taxi from St Enoch to Queen Street. I'm thinking of adding a straight jacket for extra excitement.
I wouldn’t get off at St Enoch for a taxi to Queen Street. To avoid queues pre book a cab for Bridge Street and get off there.

Well yes, I see the logic in your journey as the bathgate line runs from Partick through Queen Street low level.
However you were advising the OP to get on subway at Ibrox then get off at Partick to get a train to Queen St low level for a high level connection which was and remains a mental suggestion, B-Das staying on the subway to buchanan Street was the obvious sane option.

I do however admire your doubledoonability.

Fair enough mate. When you've to get on that train to Bathgate it's a bit different!

The point about going for a tube to Partick, then a train to Queen St as being the fastest way to get there from Ibrox remains mental.

Unicycle from Kinning Park every day of the week.

Why are people suggesting a taxi from St Enoch to Queen Street it's a 5 minute walk FFS :))

Hope this thread keeps going, been good entertainment.

Back