Ibrox to Queen Street station.

Fair enough mate. When you've to get on that train to Bathgate it's a bit different!

The point about going for a tube to Partick, then a train to Queen St as being the fastest way to get there from Ibrox remains mental.

Unicycle from Kinning Park every day of the week.
As highlighted earlier the journey from Queen Street to boots on the ground on Copland Road 14 minutes.
At this rate the OP could get to Queen Street go back to Ibrox subway station and then go back to Queen Street and still make the 23.09.
I think we should try it. Whadyathink?

As highlighted earlier the journey from Queen Street to boots on the ground on Copland Road 14 minutes.
At this rate the OP could get to Queen Street go back to Ibrox subway station and then go back to Queen Street and still make the 23.09.
I think we should try it. Whadyathink?
For the avoidance of doubt, getting a taxi from Bridge Street will be excluded as an option on any leg of the journey.

Fair enough mate. When you've to get on that train to Bathgate it's a bit different!

The point about going for a tube to Partick, then a train to Queen St as being the fastest way to get there from Ibrox remains mental.

Unicycle from Kinning Park every day of the week.
C'mon guys don't give up now.
I need one of you to come back and continue to argue
"The point about going for a tube to Partick, then a train to Queen St as being the fastest way to get there from Ibrox remains mental."
You will have to maintain that it can be done in less than 14 minutes right enough.

C'mon guys don't give up now.
I need one of you to come back and continue to argue
"The point about going for a tube to Partick, then a train to Queen St as being the fastest way to get there from Ibrox remains mental."
You will have to maintain that it can be done in less than 14 minutes right enough.
Wooft you stick to your guns I'll give you that.

I'll let someone else who agrees with you on this thread argue your point further. Oh wait....

Made this journey last night because the supporters bus wasn’t running. Had planned on getting the subway but when I left at the end I decided to just walk. Was at the bus stop outside Queen Street for 10.35. I’m 13 stone, pretty fit and go to the gym though. Not sure what it would’ve took you lesser men and women to walk it.

Made this journey last night because the supporters bus wasn’t running. Had planned on getting the subway but when I left at the end I decided to just walk. Was at the bus stop outside Queen Street for 10.35. I’m 13 stone, pretty fit and go to the gym though. Not sure what it would’ve took you lesser men and women to walk it.

I’m 19 stone and have caught the bus outside Queen Street at 10.20 before.

Why are people suggesting a taxi from St Enoch to Queen Street it's a 5 minute walk FFS :))

Hope this thread keeps going, been good entertainment.
Would you manage a 5 minute walk in the harsh winter we get?

Dearie me. This is how you'd get to Queen Street from Ibrox??!

How about he stays on the Subway to Buchanan St and walks the 50 yards to Queen Street?

EDIT : I see your mentalism has already been pointed out.
Its in reference to another thread when a guy suggested to go to partick

I actually did the walk for the first time at the Aberdeen game, found it was actually decent, better than standing in the subway queue and being hemmed in on there. Think it took me about 45 minutes at a brisk pace.

Great thread. Wonder if Intrepid has had a rethink and is now on the Bathgate supporters bus tonight instead.
Sitting on the bus in a traffic jam on the M8 telling anyone who'll listen that he'd be in the house by now if he'd got the train.

:)

Yes, a 5 minute walk is a little different to a 45-60 minute one...
Rain I’ll give you but who cares if it’s cold? Surely people would be dressed for cold weather, I end up roasting when walking in the winter because I’ve got a jacket suitable for sitting watching football on.

I actually did the walk for the first time at the Aberdeen game, found it was actually decent, better than standing in the subway queue and being hemmed in on there. Think it took me about 45 minutes at a brisk pace.
At least you are honest, it’s a 40-45 minute walk depending on the length of legs.

There were people claiming it was a “ 20 minute walk” which is patently nonsense.

Rain I’ll give you but who cares if it’s cold? Surely people would be dressed for cold weather, I end up roasting when walking in the winter because I’ve got a jacket suitable for sitting watching football on.

Fair enough mate but I'm of the view that if there's adequate transport options to get the OP from Ibrox to Queen St vs walking the 3 miles in November then that, IMO, is a better option.

And I'm also a lazy bassa.

Fair enough mate but I'm of the view that if there's adequate transport options to get the OP from Ibrox to Queen St vs walking the 3 miles in November then that, IMO, is a better option.

And I'm also a lazy bassa.
Fair enough. If I’m going straight home after a game I’ll always walk unless it’s pishing down.

Fair enough. If I’m going straight home after a game I’ll always walk unless it’s pishing down.
Fck walking into town when you can use pedal power,

Get a bike at the corner of PRW and Edmiston Dr,

:)

I get the 11.30pm bus from Buchanan St back down to London after most night games - always just go in the Subway queue at Ibrox and I'm back in time to get into Sainsburys at 11pm for a sandwich and drink for the journey. There was one game (possibly Aberdeen) that the police idiots left us standing there in the rain for an hour plus without mentioning the Subway was buggered, I was lucky that night to get a cab and just make it.

I don't bother with these early morning night trains, a wee night in the Ferry Inn and travel home tomorrow.

It also goes to Partick.
Leave Ibrox 10.00pm
Go to Louden. Have a pint.
Leave Louden 22.25
Get subway (outer circle) to Partick. 6 minutes.
Change platform in Partick station.
Get 22.46 train to Queen Street. 7 mins
Arrive Queen Street low level at 22.53.
Easy peasy
Ibrox to Buchanan St 3 min walk to Wueen St what could be simpler ffs

Back