Ibrox to Queen Street station.

NorthAntrim

Best way of getting to Queen Street by 23:09. Hope for the best on the subway or walk? Would I even need to leave early? If the subway queue is massive like it usually is could be tight enough.

It also goes to Partick.
Leave Ibrox 10.00pm
Go to Louden. Have a pint.
Leave Louden 22.25
Get subway (outer circle) to Partick. 6 minutes.
Change platform in Partick station.
Get 22.46 train to Queen Street. 7 mins
Arrive Queen Street low level at 22.53.
Easy peasy
Sounds so easy written down like that mate. No doubt if I was to do that it would be “Arrive Queen Steet 23.11” or something.

My dad gets subway after the games , hasn’t missed that train once this season but does have the insurance of one half an hour later as he’s going to Perth , even had a pint before my bus leaves a couple of times in the louden . We haven’t left early .

My dad gets subway after the games , hasn’t missed that train once this season but does have the insurance of one half an hour later as he’s going to Perth , even had a pint before my bus leaves a couple of times in the louden . We haven’t left early .
Worst case scenario I’d get the train to Perth. Would rather get back to Dundee to make it easier to get a lift back. If the subway queue is too long I’ll start waking back. Hopefully do it in plenty of time.

It also goes to Partick.
Leave Ibrox 10.00pm
Go to Louden. Have a pint.
Leave Louden 22.25
Get subway (outer circle) to Partick. 6 minutes.
Change platform in Partick station.
Get 22.46 train to Queen Street. 7 mins
Arrive Queen Street low level at 22.53.
Easy peasy
Why would you get on the subway at Ibrox and get off at Partick when you can stay on it to buchanan street? Only a mentalist would do the above.

I get subway back to queen street every midweek game.You will make the 10.45 no problem if you stay to end of game,might even sneak the 10.15 if you leave a couple of minutes before end of match

Last edited:
after the match get the subway from Govan rather than Ibrox. There will be no queue, walk straight on, off at Buchanan Street with absolutely loads of time to spare

This is how it’s done. Although, if the barriers are up post match then it scuppers those plans.

Reactions: WJD
Aye and the Louden will be empty to stroll up to the bar:))

I go to the Louden after the final whistle of midweek games and manage a couple of pints before our bus leaves at 22:30. I am in the Sandy Jardine East Corner mind you so its a short walk

My lad and I get that train after every mid-week game.

Have done so for years and never missed it.

We always stay until the end and clap the players off (really!). Then walk into town down Paisley Rd.

Generally have 10-15 minutes spare before the train.

Never been even close to missing it.

If you leave at full time and get the subway from Govan there's never a queue.

Most reliable way is just to walk there. A steady jog will get you back in no time.

I’m thinking if I leave dead on full time I’d easily walk there on time. Had planned the subway but after the Aberdeen match it was madness.
That was due to cop26.
You can walk to Queen st comfortably in 45 mins.
Yiu can also walk to Govan subway in about 10 mins and get on there.

I leave at full time and wait in the subway queue each match, get off at Cowcaddens and a five minute walk to the car. Never have I been later than 10:45pm.

Did the same the other week where I parked at work in town, got off Buchanan St and was walking past Queen St station around that time too.

Just get the underground straight from Ibrox to Buchanan Street, then your right next to Queen Street.

The subway queue actually goes down pretty fast considering.

If you're fit enough to walk at a brisk pace you'll make Queen Street Station in 45-50 minutes.
The game should finish no later than 10pm.
Agree M8. Can be done 40 mins... Best keep up to date with train services as you have more time due to cancellations / problems.

I still walk to govan you just go to Ibrox subway if the barriers are up turn left and go down broomloan road that way then right into govan

Aye, that’s what I do. Just without the barriers I can sometimes catch the 22:15 train, no chance when they are up.

You’ll be able to walk it no problem. Fastest route is just straight down PRW underneath the M8 and crossing over at the Tradeston Bridge. Not much difference cutting in at The District then cutting over the Squinty Bridge. It’s less than 3 miles so should be there well within time.

Back when I got the train to and from games I never had to leave early. As previously said, if you walk up to Kinning Park then you'll no need to wait in a big queue and you'll be at Queen Street with plenty of time.

You’ll be able to walk it no problem. Fastest route is just straight down PRW underneath the M8 and crossing over at the Tradeston Bridge. Not much difference cutting in at The District then cutting over the Squinty Bridge. It’s less than 3 miles so should be there well within time.
And you save another 10 mins if you are in govan or Copland and you avoid going PRW immediately. Head down Harrison Drive then Ibrox Tce and rejoin PRW. Takes a big dogleg out

Back