Ibrox to Queen Street station.

Best way of getting to Queen Street by 23:09. Hope for the best on the subway or walk? Would I even need to leave early? If the subway queue is massive like it usually is could be tight enough.
Walk to Govan X & pick up the underground back towards Ibrox. The train will be empty & no need to leave the ground before the whistle.

So to clarify.....

Walk to Ibrox or Cessnock or Govan or Kinning Park or all the way to Queen Street

Go into the Louden or don't

If you do, have a pint or a short

Walk up Helen Street or Broomloan Road

Get off at Partick or go all the way to Buchanan Street

Note: Don't go to Dundee or Perth - that won't help

Now is that all clear.....hello?....hello?

The train from Partick gets the Op closer to the platform of the 23.09 in less time.
The logic of a mentalist apparently.
Jeezo.

Ok I'll indulge. So instead of getting on subway at Ibrox, getting off at Buchanan st for QST you advise to instead get off at Partick, walk up from subway level to Platform 1 for a train to QST low level where he would then have to walk up to the main concourse at QST, a walk which distance wise is negligible in comparison to the walk from Buchanan st subway, all the while factoring in a second transport service instead of 1, with a potential of that being delayed or cancelled.

Is this correct?

If so, yes it is the logic of a mentalist!

When I come up to Ibrox from London for Saturday 3pm matches, I have to get the 17:40 train back to London from Central.

I always walk briskly to Cessnock, get the Subway to St Enoch, walk to Central and often have time for a swift (10 mins) pint in The Horseshoe. I've never even come close to missing the 17:40 train.

Cessnock and Subway to Buchanan St and you'll have loads of time to spare.

I normally leave at full time, walk to Kinning Park Station get there around 10:15, get the Outer Circle say 10:20 and at Queen Street At 10:40ish.

It's might even be the same train i get on to Dundee on European nights. I left in injury time vs Brondby and got the Subway even had time to go for a pizza.

I do try make sure I'm in the queue before the masses arrive.

It's might even be the same train i get on to Dundee on European nights. I left in injury time vs Brondby and got the Subway even had time to go for a pizza.

I do try make sure I'm in the queue before the masses arrive.
That’ll be the same train.

I usually walk to Exhibition Centre (20 minutes). There's a train to Central every 10 minutes. 5 minutes to Central and another 10 minute walk to Queen St. Occasionally make it for the 1030. Never missed the 11pm to Edinburgh. Or walk the whole way for 45 minutes. Not alway a pleasant walk in winter though

There’s no chance you wouldn’t be back in the city centre well before then even if you just waited in the que at Ibrox stadium.

That said, if you’re keen to get there as quickly as possible…ignore everyone who says Cessnock this that etc. Walk to Govan station and get an empty one.
This all day long.

I usually walk to Exhibition Centre (20 minutes). There's a train to Central every 10 minutes. 5 minutes to Central and another 10 minute walk to Queen St. Occasionally make it for the 1030. Never missed the 11pm to Edinburgh. Or walk the whole way for 45 minutes. Not alway a pleasant walk in winter though
That's only slightly less crazy than getting off the subway at Partick to get a train.

As I said previously, get the subway to St Enoch and get a taxi to Queen Street from there. Alternatively walk to Govan and get the subway to Ibrox and have a pint in the Louden to let the crowd die down and take it from there.

That's only slightly less crazy than getting off the subway at Partick to get a train.

As I said previously, get the subway to St Enoch and get a taxi to Queen Street from there. Alternatively walk to Govan and get the subway to Ibrox and have a pint in the Louden to let the crowd die down and take it from there.
That's some size of waders you've got on B-D

Best way of getting to Queen Street by 23:09. Hope for the best on the subway or walk? Would I even need to leave early? If the subway queue is massive like it usually is could be tight enough.
Walk along to Cessnock. Subway to Buchanan Street and you'll catch your train no bother.

He's trying to get back to Queen St for 11.07pm. Can't be done with the queues on the subway unless you join the subway loyal. Exhibition Centre is the easiest and quickest route if you want to stay to the final whistle.

He's trying to get back to Queen St for 11.07pm. Can't be done with the queues on the subway unless you join the subway loyal. Exhibition Centre is the easiest and quickest route if you want to stay to the final whistle.
Haha, fair enough mate, enjoy your walk after the game tomorrow.

How much is a season ticket from exhibition centre to central out of interest?

Haha, fair enough mate, enjoy your walk after the game tomorrow.

How much is a season ticket from exhibition centre to central out of interest?
Dunno. £1.70 day return. I'm taking the car tomorrow. Then again it's a 20 minute walk to where I park too. Trains useless for getting back to Fife for an evening kickoff.

You're at it.

Setting aside the madness of walking to exhibition centre, I remind you exhibition centre is on the Central line, no queen st.

You're at it.

Setting aside the madness of walking to exhibition centre, I remind you exhibition centre is on the Central line, no queen st.
Correct. You must have missed the bit where I said another 10 minutes walk to Queen St. I've tried all routes for evening kickoffs back to Queen St many times. Exhibition Centre is easiest by far. And no queues and no packing in like sardines either. Bear in mind walking from Ibrox is quicker than car, bus or subway for the first mile because of traffic and queues. Get over the Clyde and it's a scoosh

Correct. You must have missed the bit where I said another 10 minutes walk to Queen St. I've tried all routes for evening kickoffs back to Queen St many times. Exhibition Centre is easiest by far. And no queues and no packing in like sardines either. Bear in mind walking from Ibrox is quicker than car, bus or subway for the first mile because of traffic and queues. Get over the Clyde and it's a scoosh
Fair enough. I always like to head in the direction I'm going, heading back the way seems daft to me, especially when there will be that one time you get stranded at exhibition centre

Dunno. £1.70 day return. I'm taking the car tomorrow. Then again it's a 20 minute walk to where I park too. Trains useless for getting back to Fife for an evening kickoff.
Park at the albion car park instead of 20 mins away. After the game do a full circle journey on the subway. By that time the traffic will have died down and easier to get away in the car.

Back