Ibrox Upgrades mentioned by James Bisgrove in October 2019 - Any Updates?

Empire

@Empire1872 - Twitter
Staff member
The Rangers board have spent £5 million on Ibrox in recent seasons after years of under-investment and new look electronic sponsorship boards will be introduced early in the new year.

Bisgrove added: “We’re putting in a new LED system around the first tier, similar to those in operation at venues such as Tottenham and Twickenham. It will look great from a sponsorship platform perspective and something top tier sponsors will want to engage with.”

Mentioned this back in October 2019 and presumed it would be done during the Winter break. With nothing mentioned since and us playing a home fixture in 3 days time, I’m guessing it’s not happened?

Someone said it is being worked on , but nothing official . I’m hoping the cladding at the side of the Copland and broomie is finished now as well .

The Cladding on the underside of Copland Stand Roof is almost complete, however I believe the electronic advertising boards haven’t been installed yet.

I'm in the front row of the SJ Rear in Bar 72 and there didn't seem to be any prep work or the likes at all at our boxing day game. Unsure how much cabling or fixings go on before these things get installed and how quick this process is.

I can report back on Friday :D

Nope just some info would be helpful, it’s not much to ask is it

Why though? Those who go on Friday will see soon enough, those who don’t go to matches aren’t affected by it. I’m all for the Club updating us on how things are coming along now and then but, for me at least, I don’t need regular updates on maintenance around the stadium. It’s good to know it’s planned and we will all see it when it’s finished. Does it ‘really’ matter if it’s finished this week, next week or even next month?

Why though? Those who go on Friday will see soon enough, those who don’t go to matches aren’t affected by it. I’m all for the Club updating us on how things are coming along now and then but, for me at least, I don’t need regular updates on maintenance around the stadium. It’s good to know it’s planned and we will all see it when it’s finished. Does it ‘really’ matter if it’s finished this week, next week or even next month?
What’s your issue mate , it matters to me , if you are not interested then stay out of the thread.

What’s your issue mate , it matters to me , if you are not interested then stay out of the thread.

I don’t have an issue at all. However, whether the LED advertising has been installed yet or not isn’t going to keep me awake tonight. It will happen when it happens. I simply don‘t see the need for the Club to provide an update - but, as always, a fellow poster has provided one just a few posts up.:) You can relax now.

I will decide - Admin permitting - whether I contribute to threads, not you. Grow up.

What the %^*& is going on? Greg is the SLO could he provide more communication between and the fans. It’s a guessing game at this point. 2 years until the 150th anniversary, safe standing is a mystery and so far we’ve had half of the cladding down and gave the interior a wee makeover.

VB , Tbh the led doesn't really bother me , just the condition of the stadium, I didn’t start the thread but contributed to it which seems to have annoyed you for some reason. you have contributed nothing but petulance .

Mate, I have no ‘beef’ with you and I don’t see it as petulance. We all love our Club but I get mystified sometimes at the constant demands for updates on stuff. The cladding works has progressed - probably hampered somewhat by the horrendous winds - but the LED boards haven’t. They’ll get there.

You don't just pick these things up off the shelf, they are custom made and can take months to build and given the length of them for each stand,fitting and all the software to operate them, probably the summer before they are installed.

Inside of the Broomloan and Copland ends cladding still have to be finished, pretty sure this will all be done in the summer.

But once again the exterior of the stadium and probably the easiest and cheapest to do is being ignored, If you stand at the Boomloan gates and look up to the left,first window on the stand hasn't been cleaned in about 10yrs, the club should employ someone to get rid of the years of grime and be working alongside the clubs handyman.

I’d like to see the white frame on the main stand roof painted at some point. It’s highly visible how neglected that’s been. I don’t imagine that will be an easy job though. The Copland is starting to look really good with the money that has been spent.

Communication has never been the club's strongest point. To say the least.

In his day and age with all manner of in-house platforms, wee updates now and again wouldn't go amiss.

We're not asking for much - and getting communications out there has never been easier, from a technology point of view.

And some people think a once a year update in the annual report is enough?? We're not in 1978.

As the biggest financial contributors - WE pay for most of what the club spends - to the club I think the club owe the fans a bit better in terms of communication generally.

Wouldn’t the LED boards would be pointless midway through the season anyway ? The deals would already have been done with the current advertisers so you’d need to display their company on it all the time for the remainder of the deal plus pay the electricity/upkeep of the boards. Then once the new season starts, the club would be able to sell new ad space.

I’m not overly fussed about LED advertising however I am a bit more fussed about being told it’ll be done and then nothing happening

Wouldn’t the LED boards would be pointless midway through the season anyway ? The deals would already have been done with the current advertisers so you’d need to display their company on it all the time for the remainder of the deal plus pay the electricity/upkeep of the boards. Then once the new season starts, the club would be able to sell new ad space.

This was why I was slightly surprised when it was hinted they would be going in mid-season.

Surely one of the major benefits of electronic boards is that you can have multiple ads rotating in and out (and presumably make more out of it), whereas I would imagine all of the current static ad board deals would have been signed for the season.

Have the yellow corner claddings been fully replaced yet?

Was over Ibrox way last week and difficult to tell if they have been fully replaced inside ground also.

The cladding at the top back of the Broomloan and Copland that runs the length of the stand also needed this done and looks grubby, disappointed to see that was never done in summer or winter break, but perhaps good reason.

And the common issue of a good power wash to the concrete would still also make a big aesthetic difference.

The updates that come out were to give fans some clarity on the direction the club was looking in a number of areas. Once the club are ready to announce the related projects they will be

The updates that come out were to give fans some clarity on the direction the club was looking in a number of areas. Once the club are ready to announce the related projects they will be

Thanks Greg.

On a slightly unrelated note, any idea if the new first team area's inside Ibrox near the dressing rooms will be included in future Stadium Tours?

We went on the tour at New Year and was a bit surprised we neve got a glimpse of such a significant improvement. Not moaning, as the tour was tremendous, but just wondered if this may form part of a future tour?

Thanks Greg.

On a slightly unrelated note, any idea if the new first team area's inside Ibrox near the dressing rooms will be included in future Stadium Tours?

We went on the tour at New Year and was a bit surprised we neve got a glimpse of such a significant improvement. Not moaning, as the tour was tremendous, but just wondered if this may form part of a future tour?

Tours will likely be assessed towards the end of the season. No decisions have been made yet on any changes.

I’d like to see the white frame on the main stand roof painted at some point. It’s highly visible how neglected that’s been. I don’t imagine that will be an easy job though. The Copland is starting to look really good with the money that has been spent.
I sit in the Sandy Jardine Stand and see it every game,it's filthy but as you mentioned I don't think it's an easy job otherwise it would've been done.
I think the board are trying their best to get our magnificent stadium back to it's best but time and money are always a hindrance.

I sit in the Sandy Jardine Stand and see it every game,it's filthy but as you mentioned I don't think it's an easy job otherwise it would've been done.
I think the board are trying their best to get our magnificent stadium back to it's best but time and money are always a hindrance.
I’m in the SJR and it’s in my eyeline that’s why I mentioned it.

Back