Official Ibrox will not be ready for the start of the season

I doubt it will happen, more due to funding issues. Could have learned from the current situation not to go for materials from Asia and bite the bullet and source from nearer to home for the Broomloan if they were able to do it.

Who knows? Lots of things would probably prevent them doing it, but mainly funding I think. October seems an awful long time given the rumoured forecast was for steel to dock on 21 July.

So many rumours about so many things though. They can't all be true and it's likely most are bullshit. Until the Club tell us we won't know. Slightly surprised at no leaks from the BHC end.
They dan barely organise the works on one stand.

I’d guess the works in the other stands will be shelved after this.

Back at Ibrox for St Mirren 26th October is what I was told seemed to be the talk, that was on Sunday.
I think most were expecting/hoping we'd be back in for Hibs on 28 Sep. If it's St Mirren on 26 Oct then its one more Home game beyond Hibs (St Johnstone on 5 Oct). Plus any League Cup ties of course. I've already written off the Euro games as being at Hampden/Murrayfield for the first half of the season.

I doubt it will happen, more due to funding issues. Could have learned from the current situation not to go for materials from Asia and bite the bullet and source from nearer to home for the Broomloan if they were able to do it.

Who knows? Lots of things would probably prevent them doing it, but mainly funding I think. October seems an awful long time given the rumoured forecast was for steel to dock on 21 July.

So many rumours about so many things though. They can't all be true and it's likely most are bullshit. Until the Club tell us we won't know. Slightly surprised at no leaks from the BHC end.
I suspect the October thing is true as the media have got that date from somewhere then you add in rumours going around certain fans including someone I know who isn't on here and gets decent info.

There were rumours of delays a long time ago and they turned out to be true.

If it turns out to be true, could it be that we are going to attempt to do both Copland and Broomloan in that period? In order to avoid potentially a similar outcome next Summer?

I doubt it, given cash flow issues, but it might make just a little bit of sense if its doable.
Seems very unlikely. We’d have to source additional materials to do the Broomloan that I doubt will have been accounted for at this stage. You’d imagine if that was going to happen the work would have already started.

If it turns out to be true, could it be that we are going to attempt to do both Copland and Broomloan in that period? In order to avoid potentially a similar outcome next Summer?

I doubt it, given cash flow issues, but it might make just a little bit of sense if its doable.

God knows mate. I don’t see how we can pay for that and rebuild a squad which is costing us financially too as we are unsuccessful.

I suspect the October thing is true as the media have got that date from somewhere then you add in rumours going around certain fans including someone I know who isn't on here and gets decent info.

There were rumours of delays a long time ago and they turned out to be true.
Yeah, too much noise about October now. Probably Hampden leaking like a sieve.

Who told it was three week delay? Just another of those multiple rumours.
Unfortunately the silence will lead to more rumours and speculation. In all my years watching football I don't remember any other club creating such a self inflicted mess. I'll need to read the original statement again as I thought it was stated it was a 3 week delay but I could be wrong.

Well after we've moaned...it's the reality. We either get on with it as fans to back the team or don't go. If we don't go, less likely the team will do well. So, we will go everywhere , anywhere. Thousands going to Birmingham and Berlin but can't find Mount Florida? Cmon. The Hampden Roar at the cup final was majestic. Real 70s vibes, I'm looking forward to it.
What degree of 'Hampden Roar' are you anticipating at our 'home' league game against Motherwell?

On a scale of shite to majestic.

Yeh if it is at Hampden and I get allocated North ,East or West stands then the reality is that the fans will be standing. At my age I don't want to be standing so I would not attend . I realise not much can be done and I am a fan of having a standing section at Ibrox for those that want it. I have done my stint standing when I was younger.
Correct mate.

Of course fans will moan when we are treated as poorly as this. We're still waiting on what the contingency plans actually are.
Completely mishandled by the board I agree. Sometimes things don't go to plan, we all do renovations where we live etc and understand things can be delayed but all we ask for is a bit of communication.

What I'm meaning is that in the long term, us playing a few games at Hampden for a few seasons whilst renovations take place isn't the end of the world, at least it shouldn't be. But the way the board have gone about it is completely wrong.

I initially was giving them the benefit of the doubt that they didn't have exact timescales etc and were telling us there were to be issues, but for it to be so long is a disgrace.

The last two games I've been in the South Upper, everyone has been standing too.

This and the fact the pitch is too far from the stands to see what's happening anyway, plus the stink from the Pyro make Hampden a no go for me anymore.

I'll be selling my ticket if it's Hampden.
Row C of SSU for the cup final and stood for the whole match alongside someone that doubled up at the turnstiles.

Row A upper stand at Murrayfield for the friendly so should be fine unless there’s any huge flags below.

I think most were expecting/hoping we'd be back in for Hibs on 28 Sep. If it's St Mirren on 26 Oct then it’s one more Home game beyond Hibs (St Johnstone on 5 Oct). Plus any League Cup ties of course. I've already written off the Euro games as being at Hampden/Murrayfield for the first half of the season.
If Hampden is to be considered can we clarify if the Hampden debenture seats will be included in the mix - particularly as debenture holders have first refusal on all games at Hampden - could debenture holders claim their seat over a Rangers season ticket holder

Well after we've moaned...it's the reality. We either get on with it as fans to back the team or don't go. If we don't go, less likely the team will do well. So, we will go everywhere , anywhere. Thousands going to Birmingham and Berlin but can't find Mount Florida? Cmon. The Hampden Roar at the cup final was majestic. Real 70s vibes, I'm looking forward to it.
Brilliant, we should do it every year.

If Hampden is to be considered can we clarify if the Hampden debenture seats will be included in the mix - particularly as debenture holders have first refusal on all games at Hampden - could debenture holders claim their seat over a Rangers season ticket holder
I’d imagine so given the seat is there’s. Unless we organise a specific deal to compensate them as part of the shafting we are going to get from the SFA

Row C of SSU for the cup final and stood for the whole match alongside someone that doubled up at the turnstiles.

Row A upper stand at Murrayfield for the friendly so should be fine unless there’s any huge flags below.

UB/CC aren’t attending the Man Utd game so don’t imagine there’ll be any telescopic flags.

A debenture holder on this thread said for the champions league final they only got offered returns not first pick so I'd imagine it would be the same

Why do people always use that term now on here? It’s like you’ve read it once, probably someone moaning about the transfer thread and everyone seems to use it now.

The thread is staying. Until the board finally come out and speak about what the plans are this is the only real source of information for all of us and a way to discuss this complete farce of a situation.

If you’ve got an issue, just stay out the fucking thread. Simple.
I couldn't agree more about the 'bin fire' chat - Horrendous cringeworthy patter.

Those crazy bastards on the board have only went and done it again, haven't they! A bloody great masterstroke from them after all.

Edinburgh schools issue was incorrect tying of walls to the structure. Nothing to do with poor concrete.

There is report publicly available done by John Cole that details the failings.
I thought that particular fault was identified years earlier than 2023? The local school in West Edinburgh was impacted and my nephews were moved out towards the end of the academic year.

Does being a debenture holder give rights to seats at every event, even those where the stadium is hired out?

I'd been under the impression it was for Scotland matches and any domestic final or semi.

When are they going to publicly address the issue of weak concrete that is similar to the issue found in various Edinburgh schools back in 23? A bit of transparency is all the fans are looking for.
Where the fùck has this come from?

Another page another rumour :rolleyes:

Why do people always use that term now on here? It’s like you’ve read it once, probably someone moaning about the transfer thread and everyone seems to use it now.

The thread is staying. Until the board finally come out and speak about what the plans are this is the only real source of information for all of us and a way to discuss this complete farce of a situation.

If you’ve got an issue, just stay out the fucking thread. Simple.
October? So the poster that said today it's looking like after Halloween is right?

It's a monumental %^*& up.
Our European games this season will be at Hampden or Murrayfield.

Clement has his players basically playing away from home for 2/3 months.

I hope we remember that come season end.

Does being a debenture holder give rights to seats at every event, even those where the stadium is hired out?

I'd been under the impression it was for Scotland matches and any domestic final or semi.
It guarantees domestic semi/finals and Scotland games

Other events e.g concerts there is usually an opportunity to to buy but not guaranteed

October? So the poster that said today it's looking like after Halloween is right?

It's a monumental %^*& up.
Our European games this season will be at Hampden or Murrayfield.

Clement has his players basically playing away from home for 2/3 months.

I hope we remember that come season end.
ScotRail timetable disruption starts from today, less trains especially at weekends. Not good news for Murrayfield.

Was catching up with this weeks Daily Updates on H&H there.

@David Edgar hit the nail on the head with something he said on one of the earlier ones this week.

See if Bennett and the board came out and owned this situation and said that they know it’s difficult, they know it’s going to be difficult but they need our help to get through this period and actually made us feel like adults and part of the club, we would all just be accepting the situation for what it is and the negativity around it all wouldn’t be as bad.

Yes, it’s still far from ideal but as a support we would be making the most of a bad situation and supporting the team/club and getting on with it.

It’s the lack of communication and respect they are giving us which is not helping them one bit. It’s utterly mental they are continuing to be silent. It’s not helping them one bit.

Back