Official Ibrox will not be ready for the start of the season

It appears we have a relatively fortuitous outcome given the local stadium wasnt available and doesnt even have a pitch on it as it stands. Great.

Someone else can dig out all the teams moving into a brand new stadium or just shifting stadium for a season to renovate and how those football seasons have gone for them. From memory, utterly dreadful would cover it.

Lets hope ours flies in the face of the reasons teams usually struggle desperately when home isnt home.

If it is Hampden, I wonder if they'll try to replicate the Ibrox seat setup. Main Stand to Main Stand etc depending on seating numbers.

It appears we have a relatively fortuitous outcome given the local stadium wasnt available and doesnt even have a pitch on it as it stands. Great.

Someone else can dig out all the teams moving into a brand new stadium or just shifting stadium for a season to renovate and how those football seasons have gone for them. From memory, utterly dreadful would cover it.

Lets hope ours flies in the face of the reasons teams usually struggle desperately when home isnt home.
We've got a pretty shit record at Hampden of late anyway, so time to rectify that.

Tbh I don't think I've ever went into a season with such low expectations so pretty much anything other than what I'm expecting will be a bonus.

Rangers are preparing to seal a deal that will see them set up base at Hampden during their Ibrox exile.

Record Sport understands Ibrox chairman John Bennett and his SFA counterpart Ian Maxwell are close to signing off on an agreement to stage the Light Blues home games at the National Stadium in the opening weeks of the season. Gers chiefs have spent the last month scrambling to find an alternative venue after a delayed steel delivery forced construction work on the Copland Road into a shuddering halt.

It was initially thought Hampden would be out of commission, with the Mount Florida turf due to be ripped up and replaced following popstar P!nk’s two-night stay at the end of last month. But those upgrades are set to be shelved after Hampden chiefs offered to ride to Rangers ’ rescue.

The news will come as a major relief to Bennett. He was left with the job of picking up the pieces after former chief executive James Bisgrove - who was in charge of the Copland cantilever project - stunned his Gers bosses by announcing he was moving to Saudi Arabia just as the full extent of the steel delays were emerging.

The chairman is set to address fans in a statement in the coming days but there is an acknowledgement at Ibrox that fans will remain deeply unhappy with the shambolic situation. At the very least, moving to Mount Florida will spare the punters have to trek 50-miles east to Murrayfield, which for a time appeared to be the only option available.

Rangers stage their opening home game of the season against Motherwell on August 10. They are also due to host Ross County a fortnight later, while they will also hope to have two European opponents visiting as they seek to reach the Champions League. But first-team star Kieran Dowell is confident his team can cope with the disruption of flitting to Hampden.

He said: "To be honest that is not really an issue for us as players. Our fans make away games home games the way they are so I don’t think that is going to be an issue for us.”

All that in bold is absolutely wild and insulting our intelligence.

If it is Hampden, I wonder if they'll try to replicate the Ibrox seat setup. Main Stand to Main Stand etc depending on seating numbers.

Put it this way, having paid £800 for an ST in the middle of the Govan Rear I won’t be best pleased if I’m sat in the first 10 rows of the West or East stands at Hampden, so they better have some kind of solution.

And not one that involves the support having to mess around reserving seats on a website which will instantly crash.

Put it this way, having paid £800 for an ST in the middle of the Govan Rear I won’t be best pleased if I’m sat in the first 10 rows of the West or East stands at Hampden, so they better have some kind of solution.

And not one that involves the support having to mess around reserving seats on a website which will instantly crash.
Same for me I’m in the main stand pretty much on the half way line

Tbh I think I'd go 3 stands to start the season, shorten the pitch then the crane is behind the goal.
If we go Hampden that's all CL or Europa groups at that dump until January at least.

This blaming Bisgrove line is some laugh. Are we meant to believe that it was only Bisgrove involved in overseeing or having an involvement in the works? Were the rest of the board and the chairman just in the dark and left it all for him to deal with? A total nonsense and another shambles he has overseen - not fit for purpose

This blaming Bisgrove line is some laugh. Are we meant to believe that it was only Bisgrove involved in overseeing or having an involvement in the works? Were the rest of the board and the chairman just in the dark and left it all for him to deal with? A total nonsense and another shambles he has overseen - not fit for purpose
Allowing a young marketing manager to oversee the project is just daft to begin with although giving him the CEO job was even worse.

Rangers are preparing to seal a deal that will see them set up base at Hampden during their Ibrox exile.

Record Sport understands Ibrox chairman John Bennett and his SFA counterpart Ian Maxwell are close to signing off on an agreement to stage the Light Blues home games at the National Stadium in the opening weeks of the season. Gers chiefs have spent the last month scrambling to find an alternative venue after a delayed steel delivery forced construction work on the Copland Road into a shuddering halt.

It was initially thought Hampden would be out of commission, with the Mount Florida turf due to be ripped up and replaced following popstar P!nk’s two-night stay at the end of last month. But those upgrades are set to be shelved after Hampden chiefs offered to ride to Rangers ’ rescue.

The news will come as a major relief to Bennett. He was left with the job of picking up the pieces after former chief executive James Bisgrove - who was in charge of the Copland cantilever project - stunned his Gers bosses by announcing he was moving to Saudi Arabia just as the full extent of the steel delays were emerging.

The chairman is set to address fans in a statement in the coming days but there is an acknowledgement at Ibrox that fans will remain deeply unhappy with the shambolic situation. At the very least, moving to Mount Florida will spare the punters have to trek 50-miles east to Murrayfield, which for a time appeared to be the only option available.

Rangers stage their opening home game of the season against Motherwell on August 10. They are also due to host Ross County a fortnight later, while they will also hope to have two European opponents visiting as they seek to reach the Champions League. But first-team star Kieran Dowell is confident his team can cope with the disruption of flitting to Hampden.

He said: "To be honest that is not really an issue for us as players. Our fans make away games home games the way they are so I don’t think that is going to be an issue for us.”
Not sure what is more depressing, three months at Hampden or the fact that Kieran Dowell is classed as a first team ‘star’.

I think the original stuff about Bisgrove last week came from the club. The latest piece is simply a reiteration of that and doesn’t necessarily mean tonight’s story has come from Ibrox.
Chris Jack reporting it. This is an attempted softening up excercise from the club. The article is hinting at a win for us by not having to go to Murrayfield, it's pathetic.

It would seem to me that the management chain would be the Director of Operations and Venue (rumoured to have been sacked) was the Club employee liaising with the BHC Project Manager. The Director of Operations and Venue would report progress and issues to the CEO (now departed). It would be for the CEO to then brief the Board.

Totally agree

If we're going to Hampden and confined to having our Euro games there, we should be looking at renovating the Broomloan for disabled access at the same time. Might aswell bite the bullet now.
Somehow I’m not so sure we’ll have the funds to do it as this disastrous attempt at the Copland will cost us millions in loss of income.

The remaining disabled works should be put on hold until such time we have a proper winning team on the park, as selfish and as harsh as that may seem

You will be right in the middle of the UB’s and love it. :)

The truth is the atmosphere will be toxic if the team gets off to a bad start, there's less patience for board and manager. If we start well the atmosphere will be amazing. Of course, we could all choose to sing regardless to help the team...it was successful for a century....

Well aye, I’ll give you that.

Back