"Ibrox" without the unionbears

He has clearly stated it is there with a police exemption which is in the rules.

No rules were broken.

Opportunity for what? :D

Ach forget it I said I was out and I am, you are hurting my heid :D
It's the sfa ruling that away fans should get upto 20% in a Scottish cup tie. Why wasn't rangers banging on the sfa door asking why Aberdeen never had things in place before entering the compition. Kilmarnock asked for more tickets at Ibrox and got them. Yet Aberdeen get away with it.yet again rangers fans miss out in being able to watch their team

It's the sfa ruling that away fans should get upto 20% in a Scottish cup tie. Why wasn't rangers banging on the sfa door asking why Aberdeen never had things in place before entering the compition. Kilmarnock asked for more tickets at Ibrox and got them. Yet Aberdeen get away with it.yet again rangers fans miss out in being able to watch their team

Up to.

I don't like the whole situation either but I really can't get my knickers in such a twist that I will use it to have a go at the board, The reasons were clearly laid out and agreed on by the Police and the SFA.

We gave them 800 in the return leg, so it isn't as if we just rolled over and said ok guys no hassle.

Wanting the club to kick and scream everytime something happens is just nonsensical.

I hope season ticket holders in the Broomloan Rear don't get too attached to their seats because once your kids turn 17 you're getting moved out of there. Not really fair but it's not your seat. See, it does happen.
Not really relevant though.You know when you purchase a seat there that there is a limitation on the time you can use it.

Not really relevant though.You know when you purchase a seat there that there is a limitation on the time you can use it.

True. I was only using this as an example of when people have to move seats despite having sat there for a number of years.
That said, you also know when you purchase a season ticket for anywhere in the Stadium that you can be moved at anytime at the Club's discretion because that is also part of the terms and conditions.

2.2 A season ticket permits you to occupy your allocated seat at the match or any such other alternative seat as the Club may allocate to you in its reasonable discretions.

5.5 The holder must occupy the seat/space allocated to him/her by the Club. However, the Club reserves the right to relocate the holder to any other seat in the stadium at any time

5.8 The card does not confer to the holder title to the seat/space specified herein or any other seat /space in the stadium and, unless agreed in writing by the Club, the holder is not granted an automatic right to reserve any such seat/space for any subsequent season.

I’ll be honest for a guy that stood in the middle with many other bears in old Rangers end
One thing we never did was not give the team our support

Let’s be clear

I love the UB no grey area there and I want them in safe standing in middle of the goals

However I was really disappointed in the silent protest in the biggest game of our season against the mutton molesters

I think you support the team get them to next level because the players get a lift when we are in full voice

The argument is with the directors not the players

And I personally felt the UB let them and us all down

I know we can say why single out UB as other supporters should be making it noisy

Correct

But they are our clubs singing section

It’s not a dig lads just a wee message

We support no matter what
We sing no matter what

There is a time and place to do the fighting
and protest

Against Aberdeen wasn’t the time

Keep up the excellent work that you guys do

No Surrender to the UB

You will get you prominent place I’m sure
Asxwe all want u to get it

Can someone remind me, I genuinely can't remember. UB moved from CR1 (for reasons I am aware fully of and understand) to BF4 joined up with TBO. They made the decision to move from BF4 to BF1 because of what?

The club have made the call on it - all the renewal information (including timeline) has been finalised and we are well into that process. When you move any supporters in large number you need to show them the respect to give them due consideration. I appreciate the narrative that no supporter owns their seat but Rangers Football Club owes a great deal to our fans and at all times you have to try and get the balance right

Hi Greg. Has anyone mooted GF7 through to CF1 (or maybe just the corners inbetween)? Prime tv viewing, away from the family stand and might kick off the Copland/Govan into voice. Also lots of room for eventual expansion of the UBs as there has to be a few thousand seats there.

BF3 wouldn't be much different from BF1.

Hi Greg. Has anyone mooted GF7 through to CF1 (or maybe just the corners inbetween)? Prime tv viewing, away from the family stand and might kick off the Copland/Govan into voice. Also lots of room for eventual expansion of the UBs as there has to be a few thousand seats there.

I think they tried for a few different places in the Copland & Govan, all rebuffed. BF3 is their last option it seems.

Hmmm, would be interesting to see why? I get that people currently sit there, probably don't want to move etc, but you have to bite the bullet eventually and get the negotiations started. BF3 (blue order etc) won't be happy moving, and do provide some noise as well.

I'm an outsider looking in, haven't had an ST for years. But the tv atmosphere is tough at the best of times, never mind during this protest.

Hmmm, would be interesting to see why? I get that people currently sit there, probably don't want to move etc, but you have to bite the bullet eventually and get the negotiations started. BF3 (blue order etc) won't be happy moving, and do provide some noise as well.

I'm an outsider looking in, haven't had an ST for years. But the tv atmosphere is tough at the best of times, never mind during this protest.

I don’t think it will be happening any time soon.

I don’t think it will be happening any time soon.

I absolutely get that, and understand any lack of transparency on this subject (negotiations on going etc).

I would just hate to see this take an extended time for a literal sideways step, missing the major positives of safe standing (better atmosphere and visibly strong for tv etc).

Just my 2 pennies.

I absolutely get that, and understand any lack of transparency on this subject (negotiations on going etc).

I would just hate to see this take an extended time for a literal sideways step, missing the major positives of safe standing (better atmosphere and visibly strong for tv etc).

Just my 2 pennies.

You need to remember this is the Rangers board you are talking about . Everything takes around three times longer to do/implement or even consider than at any other football club . And nine times out of ten the end result is it’s still 1995 with the megamix blaring over the tannoy before total silence envollopes the ground for 90 minutes .

Personally find it pathetic people are that attached to the seat they currently sit in, all because "ive sat here for years why should I move"... The union bears is exactly what Ibrox needs and its shown in the last few games, give them what they want I say.

I think the club need to grow a set and make a decision to improve the stadium and the atmosphere

The tims were ruthless and told folk in that corner they were being relocated and they got a small discount on their season ticket

Our club have to do the same. Even if it’s for the full Broomloan Front. Either tell them they can stay but it’ll be standing or they’ll be relocated.

I think the club need to grow a set and make a decision to improve the stadium and the atmosphere

The tims were ruthless and told folk in that corner they were being relocated and they got a small discount on their season ticket

Our club have to do the same. Even if it’s for the full Broomloan Front. Either tell them they can stay but it’ll be standing or they’ll be relocated.
Their board are far smarter. They try to create an attractive brand and image, portray that the piggery is some fantastic place to be (hence the money flung at it) with an amazing atmosphere.

We know its not true, but its believed everywhere outside Scotland.

Whilst we lag behind making up excuse after excuse.

In a nutshell.

You need to remember this is the Rangers board you are talking about . Everything takes around three times longer to do/implement or even consider than at any other football club . And nine times out of ten the end result is it’s still 1995 with the megamix blaring over the tannoy before total silence envollopes the ground for 90 minutes .
The dithering types in our boardroom and the softly softly approach from out "MD" frustrates the hell out of me.

Personally find it pathetic people are that attached to the seat they currently sit in, all because "ive sat here for years why should I move"... The union bears is exactly what Ibrox needs and its shown in the last few games, give them what they want I say.
Yeah Fuk everybody else UB rules ok.

Our stadium holds over 50,000.

For an initial move to BF3, we're actually only talking about a few hundred.

There seems to be no perspective on this and there seem to be a determination by some to keep the atmosphere at library levels.

Our stadium needs its soul back !!

Otherwise we face another 20 years of silence at the vast majority of games. I know that will suit some people - but the rest of us actually want to improve things.

The Govan East Corner (between Govan and Copland) is used as Hospitality seating for the Ibrox Suite I think.

I know @Greg Marshall is putting work in on this and has been good enough to post on here to update people .

However it really is way past time for the club to make a decision either way . The procrastination and dithering is beyond belief . If it’s a no , so be it , but tell us ffs .

People get attached for many reasons mate. Relationships are formed with other supporters, access issue etc. I've moved myself a few times over the years, and for the simple reason I've had fuckwits sat next to me.

I know @Greg Marshall is putting work in on this and has been good enough to post on here to update people .

However it really is way past time for the club to make a decision either way . The procrastination and dithering is beyond belief . If it’s a no , so be it , but tell us ffs .
It really is mate.

You'd think there was a request by some to relocate our stadium to Dublin or something, such is the nonsense, dithering, made up excuses and delaying tactics being deployed.

What is being requested - for the better of the stadium atmosphere as a whole - is not unreasonable at all.

It's an unbelievably crazy situation, over a few % of the stadium.

Correct me if I am wrong, but no one got moved as that was where the Green Brigade were in the first place.

As I understand what Greg has said, nothing has been ruled out. He has said it won’t be this Summer and that’s about it.

My own view is the BF is entirely the wrong location for UBs or for safe standing (domestic and European cup-ties present a potential problem for one thing). Maybe it would be wise to address both at the same time in a more appropriate area of the stadium? How we get consensus on that location, given the different views put forward on here, may be a stumbling block.

Correct me if I am wrong, but no one got moved as that was where the Green Brigade were in the first place.
Nope. They had 1 small section at the back, looks like it held about 300-400.

mentally challengeds moved them to the front & their section is now about 2000-3000.

It really is mate.

You'd think there was a request by some to relocate our stadium to Dublin or something, such is the nonsense, dithering, made up excuses and delaying tactics being deployed.

What is being requested - for the better of the stadium atmosphere as a whole - is not unreasonable at all.

It's an unbelievably crazy situation, over a few % of the stadium.

What are these delaying tactics beying deployed?

What are the excuses?

Tell me where the club is employing these tactics.

You have been informed and Stevie Wonder could see why since the Murray to Green to Now era money has had to go elsewhere and priorities lay elsewhere.

You realise the club can't just on the Friday say Ok safe standing %^*& it and it is in by the Saturday, they have to go through procedures, safety, feasibility, canvassing fans, making sure it is done in a responsible and thoughtful way to the families of the Disaster and dealing with the council, having the funding in place, getting the tenders in, getting the timeline set and then letting the builders get in to do the work.

As far as I can see the club are moving towards it as Greg has stated, but more important things have taken precedent at the same time.

And lets not continue with this make believe fantasy that this is going to turn Ibrox into an atmospheric cauldron of Noise vs Hamilton or Dundee, it won't make a blind bit of difference.

Safe standing should be installed, I want to see it and hope it goes through and hope that it makes a positive difference to the stadium

The mental breakdown of claiming this a Crazy situation, that the club are somehow shitting on the fans from a massive height, the sheer drama queen reaction of some on here to it is borderline bunny boiler material.

Nope. They had 1 small section at the back, looks like it held about 300-400.

mentally challengeds moved them to the front & their section is now about 2000-3000.

Cheers for the reply, didn't have a clue about where they were just knew they were near that corner.

Would be interested though to see how many season ticket holders were there at that time, or they had in general.

I have learned off this thread they were Knocked back from Copland Front a couple of seasons ago, one of my issues at this minute is we are sold out, season tickets are sold out, it isn't as easy as when King and Co first came in when we didn't sell out every week and had 8k less season ticket holders.

This is where time comes into it, canvassing the fans and getting an agreement, I don't want to see fans just told your moving for the UB's and you have no choice in it, there has to be an agreement and dialogue and the UBs have to at least try and play a positive part in it.

Cheers for the reply, didn't have a clue about where they were just knew they were near that corner.

Would be interested though to see how many season ticket holders were there at that time, or they had in general.

I have learned off this thread they were Knocked back from Copland Front a couple of seasons ago, one of my issues at this minute is we are sold out, season tickets are sold out, it isn't as easy as when King and Co first came in when we didn't sell out every week and had 8k less season ticket holders.

This is where time comes into it, canvassing the fans and getting an agreement, I don't want to see fans just told your moving for the UB's and you have no choice in it, there has to be an agreement and dialogue and the UBs have to at least try and play a positive part in it.

Bear in mind they did it when we were on our 'journey' :rolleyes: and their gaff was virtually deserted every home game. They were lucky if the place was half full. A much easier concept in those circumstances and nowhere near the same level of problems that Rangers will encounter when we move to safe standing.

Back