"Ibrox" without the unionbears

I think they’re deciding what to do as a group for the future.

They’ve reached their limit in the current section, haven’t grown or improved for around 4/5 years. Been trying to sort that for 3 years & the club are outright refusing. They’re banging their heed against the wall whilst spending their spare time, money & plenty effort.

I’d be thinking whats the point. They could be so much bigger, louder & better.
If they get what they’re demanding what next? Hundreds of season ticket holders being uprooted and moved to let the UB get a better seat, I can’t see how a move would bring growth as the moved season tickets would need a seat elsewhere , unless there’s more seats added or the numbers stop buying season books at the levels they do at the moment there’s no extra seats.

We could ban all away fans and free up seats right enough.
The guys do a good job but to move 800-1600 loyal Bears isn’t the way forward without their approval

As I have said before our support has grown stale because we are missing out on the younger generation and it will hit us in years to come. We don't have the same community events either we are resting on our laurels.

Good point. But I reckon the board's biggest issue they have with the idea is having to relocate ST holders in the area they'd move the UB to. If they want moved to the middle of BF (which I presume is where the UB want moved to?) and I had a ST there I don't think I'd be happy being punted from the middle, especially if I'd sat there for years.
because you are selfish. clearly you would prefer to sit in a dead stadium. back standing and back the ubs

There point/protest is working IMO and it is threefold.

a) telling board they are not happy with their stance
b) showing the manager and players how shite Ibrox is without their input
c) illustrating how poor the other stands are with their non existent backing of the team

I back the UB's difficult - but necessary - stance 100%.

Every word utter shite. They've abandoned the team in a crucial part of the season cause they're neds in a huff

Do workers not need money but still strike? its the same parallel mate. you have to see things through in order for change

I understand the comparison but the team needed a lift. And they refused to help provide it. It's as simple as that for me.

No.

They have pissed me off by putting their group first and Rangers second.
Demanding others didn't get behind the team on Tuesday showed them up as the total opposite of what I think a Rangers fan is.
Nobody is bigger than the club.
Ever.

I don't give a shit if they sing or not. If they do, great, but that's why they got a section in the first place. If they don't, then they aren't a singing section so what exactly are they?

Apart from a group who think they are more important than the other 48000 who pay their money.
Newsflash. They aren't.
They have the right to protest its their right

I would say they are vital to the atmosphere at games they are the heart beat for the support to get going
However their stance is having a determental effect to home games.
We should all be giving the team 100% backing. It is no coincidence that their protest has effected the team amd we have been put out the cup and lost points in the title race
I dont care what their differences are they should be put aside to support not harm the team
Imo they should be proving they are the difference in a positive way and not being petulant.
I want a pint at the game but its not going to happen im no going in a huff about it.

The longer this continues, the board will have our manger knocking on their door. He knows the score when it comes to fan culture and he and his players are playing in a virtually silent stadium. He will not want that. He knows how valuable the UB's are.

The only thing Mr Gerrard will be banging the door about is money for the team.

because you are selfish. clearly you would prefer to sit in a dead stadium. back standing and back the ubs

Not saying I don't back them, just suggesting how I think the board may be viewing it

The players and staff needs support. Our support needs the Union Bears.

The sooner the club and the UB are on the same page going forward the better it will be for everyone. More division and trust issues is the last thing we need at the moment

After everything we've been through we should be more together than ever.

c) illustrating how poor the other stands are with their non existent backing of the team

Children behaving like spoiled children shocker.

I can see why UB were annoyed and why they wanted to make a point.

However, I was in BR today and saw them deliberately not take part in follow follow or derry’s Walls that was started in other parts of the stand. Sorry lads, but that is pathetic. I thought your protest was to not start these things, but to actively not engage is poor form and quite petty.

It’s actually coming across now that you have some sort of superiority complex and feel yourselves above other fans. And this is from someone who fully supports what you were trying to achieve.

Last edited:
No. I clearly say the team needed a lift from the fans.

So exactly the opposite of what you say there tbh.
long term though mate is the point, for Ibrox to improve the match day atmosphere, noise and colour

long term though mate is the point, for Ibrox to improve the match day atmosphere, noise and colour

I support their move but I can't support the game crying out for our players needing a lift and them not helping provide it.

Some people are missing the point here, they are a group who Rangers designated a whole section for them to sing together. Since they have preferential treatment in that regard it is their duty to sing as Rangers have provided them a singing section. If they aren't going to bother anymore then they should be split up and be given seats elsewhere in the stadium.

As I have said before our support has grown stale because we are missing out on the younger generation and it will hit us in years to come. We don't have the same community events either we are resting on our laurels.
100% true all the young team are union bears fans but they are getting pissed off with the way they are getting treated after we are all gone it will be down to the present young team and to be honest with not winning anything in a genaration we are playing a dangerous game in my opinion I can see my son 14 year old and his pals who go they have never seen good times but they relate to the union bears and they are getting fkd off with everything I’m struggling to get them to go ffs

And there we have it. If their support of the team is conditional they can gtf.

Wanes eh! We need these boys the team 100% get a lift from them. I 100% back them I hope we can get this resolved quickly. Without them theres no atmosphere. Union Bears we need you guys.

Dead.... Could hear the players shouting at eachother!

Was in Copland rear today and it was the talk amongst a few bears how bad the atmosphere is without them. Didn't hear anything until Alfie scored our equilizer in the second half!

Supporters are blaming these boys for our recent defeats, due to protest. Pish! They are the heart and noise of our support, especially at Ibrox. I understand the football needs to be better. Did Gerrard not say make Ibrox a fortress?
Rangers need to sort this out!

Agree 100%

Do they really think the Rangers hierarchy care whether they sing or not? Or whoever it is at Rangers they're trying to get the attention of? There are more pressing issues they have to deal with than the UB relocating.

There’s no chance the board will back down over this but what chance have they got ?what else can they do?

a) The board don't care
b) The players dont check the fanbase before signing
c) Because someone isnt banging a drum or standing doesnt mean they arent backing the team
Not sure what you mean when you say the protest is working tbh

They have every right to protest, just like any Rangers supporter does, this isn’t just folk wanting a better seat within Ibrox, they’ve put in some decent research into the safe standing stuff and drastically want to make the Ibrox atmosphere better, the reason they’d want a move into the central area of the stand is to help spread the noise and atmosphere and they’ve been ignored time and time again by the Rangers board.

They got behind the team as much as they other 45k moan and groaners at Ibrox did today. These boys aren’t just cheerleaders ffs, there’s nothing stopping anyone else trying to get some songs going. Quite sad that you’re relying on ‘daft wee boys’ or ‘wee fannies’ to create an atmosphere.

a) The board don't care
b) The players dont check the fanbase before signing
c) Because someone isnt banging a drum or standing doesnt mean they arent backing the team
Not sure what you mean when you say the protest is working tbh
Their protest is working because it is magnifying how dreadful Ibrox is without their input.

Dies the fact someone sings and bangs a drum make them a better Rangers fan than someone who doesn't?
Did I say that... guys moaning about 40 lads not singing while the rest of the stadium have been doing it for years.. if you want to moan at the ub not singing .. SIMPLE ... START UP YOUR OWN WEE SINGING SECTION IN THE MORGUE THAT IS THE COPELAND OR THE GRAVEYARD THATS THE GOVAN...

Back