"Ibrox" without the unionbears

The_Seal

Dead.... Could hear the players shouting at eachother!

Was in Copland rear today and it was the talk amongst a few bears how bad the atmosphere is without them. Didn't hear anything until Alfie scored our equilizer in the second half!

Supporters are blaming these boys for our recent defeats, due to protest. Pish! They are the heart and noise of our support, especially at Ibrox. I understand the football needs to be better. Did Gerrard not say make Ibrox a fortress?
Rangers need to sort this out!

The thing that bugs me about the UB is that I watched them hurl abuse at Burke every time he wentover for a corner, but they cannot sing any songs the rest of the stadium start? Just standing there arms crossed. I get that you don't like how the club have reacted to safe standing or whatever - but they're dragging it on a bit eh?

Ibrox in inverted commas? Have a word with yourself. Our iconic stadium, our great club and our loyal incredible fans have been around since before any of us were born and will still be here long after we've all gone. Including those in a huff in BF1.

As for the Union Bears. A singing section that isn't singing. That's as much use as a goalscorer who doesn't score.

Morelos and Gerrard both tried to get everyone going today so it was disappointing the crowd let them down. If they are so pissed off why don't they stay at home or give their ticket to somebody who will actually support the team?

The thing that bugs me about the UB is that I watched them hurl abuse at Burke every time he wentover for a corner, but they cannot sing any songs the rest of the stadium start? Just standing there arms crossed. I get that you don't like how the club have reacted to safe standing or whatever - but they're dragging it on a bit eh?
Did you sing yer heart out today?

Dead.... Could hear the players shouting at eachother!

Was in Copland rear today and it was the talk amongst a few bears how bad the atmosphere is without them. Didn't hear anything until Alfie scored our equilizer in the second half!

Supporters are blaming these boys for our recent defeats, due to protest. Pish! They are the heart and noise of our support, especially at Ibrox. I understand the football needs to be better. Did Gerrard not say make Ibrox a fortress?
Rangers need to sort this out!
From as far as I could see the UB were at the game the day . No one asked them to stay quiet like spoilt weans . When we scored Derry’s walls got belted loud as far as I could see .Personally I think they are wee neds and I’m sick of them

Through their tantrum, ave they dennounced their being in the stadium now? If there's a positive its not having to listen to the kid with the drum
I think they’re deciding what to do as a group for the future.

They’ve reached their limit in the current section, haven’t grown or improved for around 4/5 years. Been trying to sort that for 3 years & the club are outright refusing. They’re banging their heed against the wall whilst spending their spare time, money & plenty effort.

I’d be thinking whats the point. They could be so much bigger, louder & better.

The Copland Road. Our traditional 'home end' much like the Stretford End at Old Trafford or the Kop at Anfield.

The end we always attack 2nd half because that's where our most passionate, vocal and best backing is supposed to come from.

When the Copland sings Ibrox follows, etc.

The problem is it's about 20 years since the Copland could last be arsed making a noise for any game other than Old Firm's or Europe.

If you look at the stadiums in Germany, they have a 'home end' behind the goal, at Dortmund it's the Sud Tribune and in that stand, right slap bang in the middle, is where the Ultra groups are based giving it laldy and the singing spreads out from there. All the stadiums in Germany are like that.

I know some of our fans are very, very attached to their particular piece of plastic but if you're gonna sit in the Copland and not sing would you not be as well swapping seats and letting UB/TBO in there?

There point/protest is working IMO and it is threefold.

a) telling board they are not happy with their stance
b) showing the manager and players how shite Ibrox is without their input
c) illustrating how poor the other stands are with their non existent backing of the team

I back the UB's difficult - but necessary - stance 100%.

The Copland Road. Our traditional 'home end' much like the Stretford End at Old Trafford or the Kop at Anfield.

The end we always attack 2nd half because that's where our most passionate, vocal and best backing is supposed to come from.

When the Copland sings Ibrox follows, etc.

The problem is it's about 20 years since the Copland could last be arsed making a noise for any game other than Old Firm's or Europe.

If you look at the stadiums in Germany, they have a 'home end' behind the goal, at Dortmund it's the Sud Tribune and in that stand, right slap bang in the middle, is where the Ultra groups are based giving it laldy and the singing spreads out from there. All the stadiums in Germany are like that.

I know some of our fans are very, very attached to their particular piece of plastic but if you're gonna sit in the Copland and not sing would you not be as well swapping seats and letting UB/TBO in there?

I've been in CR last three years, genuinely count on one hand the amount of times I've heard a song start here. Not absolving myself from blame, just an observation.

No idea how to fix it. But I would say we are way way beyond the answer just being me as an individual starting to sing.

It just seems so disjointed.

There point/protest is working IMO and it is threefold.

a) telling board they are not happy with their stance
b) showing the manager and players how shite Ibrox is without their input
c) illustrating how poor the other stands are with their non existent backing of the team

I back the UB's difficult - but necessary - stance 100%.

If their protest is designed to turn the rest of the support against them, it's working a treat.

The team needed a lift from the fans in the last two games. I get that anyone can start a song but, although I support their seat move, I've lost a lot of respect for the UBs.

The team winning the game is more important than anything else at Ibrox. Although they can't be blamed, they sat on their hands rather than helping. F*CK their egos.

I've been in CR last three years, genuinely count on one hand the amount of times I've heard a song start here. Not absolving myself from blame, just an observation.

No idea how to fix it. But I would say we are way way beyond the answer just being me as an individual starting to sing.

I imagine you would fix it by telling a whole section of season ticket holders in CF3 and CR3 they're being moved seat(s) to another part of the stadium to accommodate a new extended UB/TBO singing section but you can just imagine the reaction that would come from that.

From as far as I could see the UB were at the game the day . No one asked them to stay quiet like spoilt weans . When we scored Derry’s walls got belted loud as far as I could see .Personally I think they are wee neds and I’m sick of them

The wee nappy wetter's should put their dummy's back in their mouths.
They are not bigger or better than any other Rangers supporter.
And for the remainder of the season their season tickets should be blocked and the tickets should go to local school kids to enjoy a day out watching us.
Local school kids can also bring their musical instruments to entertain us.

Do they really think the Rangers hierarchy care whether they sing or not? Or whoever it is at Rangers they're trying to get the attention of? There are more pressing issues they have to deal with than the UB relocating.

The team needed a lift from the fans in the last two games. I get that anyone can start a song but, although I support their seat move, I've lost a lot of respect for the UBs.

The team winning the game is more important than anything else at Ibrox. Although they can't be blamed, they sat on their hands rather than helping. F*CK their egos.
if you dont protest nothing changes. so you have to follow it through. support the ubs

Do they really think the Rangers hierarchy care whether they sing or not? Or whoever it is at Rangers they're trying to get the attention of? There are more pressing issues they have to deal with than the UB relocating.
Therein lies the issue. You are correct, the board don’t care. They’d happily have Ibrox as a morgue forevermore. No doubt they’re going to get their wish.

Seems a strange tactic to me. Just when the team needs encouragement a large section of the crowd decides to withdraw its vocal support for their own ends. It would be too much to say they are to blame for our poor form but fair to say they're not helping any.

The Copland is a lost cause and has been for about 20 years. We simply do not have a "home end".

It's a sad state of affairs.

Ibrox is a terrible place for atmosphere but it is NOT the UB's fault. Far from it.

I must admit I didn’t notice any difference, and yes I did notice a couple of times Copland started singing.

The longer this continues, the board will have our manger knocking on their door. He knows the score when it comes to fan culture and he and his players are playing in a virtually silent stadium. He will not want that. He knows how valuable the UB's are.

You're angry that they are not singing?

Is no-one else capable of singing then?

Your arguement simply doesn't stack up.

The irony.

No.

They have pissed me off by putting their group first and Rangers second.
Demanding others didn't get behind the team on Tuesday showed them up as the total opposite of what I think a Rangers fan is.
Nobody is bigger than the club.
Ever.

I don't give a shit if they sing or not. If they do, great, but that's why they got a section in the first place. If they don't, then they aren't a singing section so what exactly are they?

Apart from a group who think they are more important than the other 48000 who pay their money.
Newsflash. They aren't.

Ultimately we need the whole ground behind the team.
The idea of one area being responsible or somehow being the heart of our team is a nonsense which feeds off the idea of the "Ultra" mentality.

There is a problem in getting the modern fan to get vocal. At Ibrox there are songs that will get a few seconds of support but they are not acceptable.

I am in the Sandy Jardine Rear stand and you won't hear a song start there but they can be loud, trying to support the team but we need a more cohesive support

No.

They have pissed me off by putting their group first and Rangers second.
Demanding others didn't get behind the team on Tuesday showed them up as the total opposite of what I think a Rangers fan is.
Nobody is bigger than the club.
Ever.

I don't give a shit if they sing or not. If the do, great, but that's why they got a section in the first place. If they don't, then they aren't a singing section so what exactly are they?

Apart from a group who think they are more important than the other 48000 who pay their money.
Newsflash. They aren't.
They do not think they are more important than anyone else. Nothing they have done or said even remotely signifies that.

But what is clear is that they are the ONLY section who actually sing and back the team at games and they are just asking for a more constructive area to be located in to actually HELP the atmosphere get better.

The longer this continues, the board will have our manger knocking on their door. He knows the scorewhen it cones to fan culture and he and his players are playing in a virtually silent stadium. He will not want that.

Good point. But I reckon the board's biggest issue they have with the idea is having to relocate ST holders in the area they'd move the UB to. If they want moved to the middle of BF (which I presume is where the UB want moved to?) and I had a ST there I don't think I'd be happy being punted from the middle, especially if I'd sat there for years.

Back