Match Thread ICT 2 Rangers Colts 1 (Mebude) FT

Unlucky from the young bears. Had ICT defending like an SPFL side for most of the game. Just lacking some composure in the final third.

Didn't see the 2nd half but seems to have played out as I thought it might. Kids played some brilliant stuff 1st half, passing round their first team. Their only saving grace was age and experience.

Patehtic really from a first team, being completely outplayed by kids.

Murty out

In all seriousness even prior to the red card the colts were the better side. Looking to play football and pass it. Very encouraging and I really liked the look of mebude up top.

i mean the boy booting Breen s
the ICT player getting sent off was a defo red??

If that's what you think, you should probably go back and look again mate. Never in a million years was that a dive.

or do you mean the ICT defender on Breen?
tone wall in the face. with no intention of getting the ball .

They played really well, but they will rue that miss in 1st half, as l reckon a 2-0 lead would have been enough. But they've done themselves proud to get this far in the cup.

Nice comments from John Robertson to the young lads.

Guess we’re not talking to BBC Alba either?

Kai Methadone Mick Kennedy is a truly outstanding young player if he can’t be in our first team squad now getting game time Then shut the academy immediately and sell all the spare kit and balls on eBay because it’s a total waste of money

We were always going to rue these missed chances in first half but the lads can be proud of there run to this stage

Unlucky to the Young Team. Fought well in nightmare conditions against seasoned pros.
They were very easy on the eye and exciting to watch. Probably just missed a bit of physicality up front against the more mature Cally players.

Great effort from the youngsters.
Hopefully one or two of them can really push for regular squad places with the 1st team in the not too distant future .

Listened to John Robertson there.
Very complimentary about the team .
But also did not miss the ref for a couple of decisions.

That's how we should be dealing with some of the calls we have had against us .

great effort from the Colts, excellent words of praise from John Robertson, a nice and refreshing change to hear opposition managers speaking highly of our team.

Really enjoyed watching the Colts there in work - made up for missing the rearranged game today!

Patterson impressed me once again. Looks a captain.

Watched the game. Very impressed with the young players. They were all comfortable on the ball. The conditions were very difficult and they handled it well. There are some real prospects coming through.

John Robertson calling the referee out properly!

And had some kind words for our youngsters too.

Robertson was quite right. If we had got the refereeing decisions that Caley got today we'd have been screaming. As much as I dearly wanted our Colts to win I thought that justice was done. Caley deserved to win.

Murty and his team should be incredibly proud. Deserved to win that be quite a few and ragdolled a hatchet man 11.
John Robertson was having a good chat to him after the game. Probably saying the same thing. Well maybe no about the hatchet men :))

They played very well but didn’t take their chances and that’s what cost them.
It was like watching the first team at times with the amount of possession that they had.
We’ve got some talented youngsters but still got a way to go physically before virtually any of them are going to make the first team.

They played very well but didn’t take their chances and that’s what cost them.
It was like watching the first team at times with the amount of possession that they had.
We’ve got some talented youngsters but still got a way to go physically before virtually any of them are going to make the first team.

disagree, they played very physical hatchet team of the park at times. Looked faster and fitter and moved the ball quicker than our first 11.

Didn't see it, but the youngsters have done the club proud in this competition

Thought Kennedy looked great and wouldn’t look out of place in the first team this now, he was always looking for the ball and trying to make things happen. He should certainly be on the bench on a regular occurrence at least and getting some first team game time.

Dapo did well up against physical experienced centre half’s, he used his body well against them to create an extra yard for him self as well, like Morelos does, never saw the miss he had as we were in the opposite stand, do think he should be on the bench this now while we don’t have Defoe.

Colts were unlucky and could see how much they wanted to get to the final, and a decent turn out for them despite the weather and our game being rearranged.

Kai Methadone Mick Kennedy is a truly outstanding young player if he can’t be in our first team squad now getting game time Then shut the academy immediately and sell all the spare kit and balls on eBay because it’s a total waste of money
I have been saying this for while to you yank,honestly think this kid would do us a turn at 17 he's only going to get so much better a real talent with a real chance hope he gets it seriously.

I have been saying this for while to you yank,honestly think this kid would do us a turn at 17 he's only going to get so much better a real talent with a real chance hope he gets it seriously.

theres got to be route for this young fella to progress now to first team I get he may struggle at times but stick with him he’s one that’s going to be a star

Gilmour and Fleck are down in premiership we must ensure Kai Kennedy has years with us before he’s taken away from us by that time he will have made us millions in transfer fee
Be foolish if our club to think boys will stay just because Gerrard is manager or there taking home a good wage

If the rumours are true that we have all read on here then boys won’t be fooled and will leave to make a career for themselves elsewhere
time for club to prove there serious about promoting youth rather run an academy at a massive loss each year
if other clubs can do it then so can we otherwise young players won’t entertain us

Our lads were great. Very proud of them. This is the best crop of youngsters we have had for well over 30 years. That was when Durrant, Fleck, McPherson, Derek Ferguson we’re coming through the ranks. Souness wasted the potential in favour of his old pals act.

Caught the 2nd half yesterday and Kennedy was a standout just wanting the ball constantly and moving it about nicely and playing some lovely through balls for the side.

Really like Dickson as well really tidy player thought he had a good game on Wednesday as well against Atletico. For having 1st team exposure I was disappointed in Josh McPake again he didnt do much at all it could be a case of finding his confidence again after the move to Dundee didn't go to well for him.

Patterson done well in spells again but I hope for next season we send him out on loan to continue his development.

Back