Ideas for generating money

Me and my wee brother spoke about this at the game and thought that season ticket holders could pay say £40/£50 to get their name on the back of their seat, still a few left from the last time but reckon that this could be an easy money spinner.

Gents there is a restraunt atatched to put stadium open 7 days a week. I go twice a month for lunch with clients and at times it's only us and a couple of others there. this also gets little or no advertising from the club outwith hospitality for a match day. this should be mobbed every weekend generating a good income for the club

Add an extra 50 to the season ticket (optional) which gives you a 'free' home or away top plus 10% discount for 12 months off things like merchandise, programs, food and drinks, and RTV.

Not only does it boost sales in will also encourage take up of more products.

This could be packaged up as a membership??? Also non ST holders could buy one for say 60?

Before anyone starts picking at the detail....the amount extra and things like the rate of % off and what we can buy are all just suggestions but it is the concept itself that should be considered.
There was a scheme in the late 90s (Club 2000 if I recall) where season ticket holders paid double the cost of their season ticket one year. In return, for the next 10 years, we got a guarantee of no increase in season ticket price for X number of years, then a 5% discount for the remainder of the 10 years. Also got a Club 2000 tie annually and membership of the now defunct Edmiston Club. It was a short term cash boost for the club and the supporters pretty much got our money back in price freezes and discounts over the years. Could possibly consider something similar now.

Isnt it the boards job to look at ways to improve our revenue streams if they cant do that then they are useless why should the fans keep burdening the responsability of raising money .the fans are the ones who have kept the club going all these years

Like the idea on memberships and fanzones in particular. You only have to look at how successful the new Louden is to see there is a need for something close to the ground.

There are loads of private vendors getting in on the retro gear etc. The T/B Shop on Mugs and phones cases etc - for me, I think we need to get in on that market within the megastore.

The share issue idea is an obvious one. I think that is what the board is about to do anyway. We raised £80m in the 4th tier so will get a lot more this time. I don't think we should do it in the UK stock exchange though, because of the way they treated Mr King when he got rid of the spivs. We should go to the nikkai dow, which would also increase our presence in China and open up a vast TV audience

Use Ibrox for other events during summer.
Last week I played golf at Eden Park. For 10 days they turned it into a 9 hole golf course. Tee boxes scattered around the stands with a bonus putting hole in the home changing room.

Main suite was open for drinks and they had different games as well as a longest drive competition on a simulator.

Different holes had different sponsors with hole in one's offering great prizes such as free return flights to America or $4k worth of golfing equipment from the golf warehouse.

Walking between each tee off meant a tour of the stadium was pretty much included.

£50 per head. Groups of 4. Shotgun format. 9 tee times a day over 10 days.

£200k income and wouldn't make too much of a dent on the park.

What about names on seats ,i know they did this in 90s i have one on mine and wouldn't mind getting a new one if it started again .lets just say a tenner which is reasonable x that by 40 k season ticket holders and we will have 400 k

For a start every single person who can afford to should subscribe to RTV at whatever package they can access

Can't wait to hear this explained to new signings. '... and of course as a player at our great club, you are contractually obliged to allow a red-faced Glaswegian with more money than sense to call you "fuckin' shite" over lunch if they pay the club £200 for your company'

just send out pena with them, they can all get smashed have a blast

The club need to make sure the tour is opened more.we missed out on the Bayern fans plus recently did founders trail and had to go for meal elsewhere.would rather have given club money but restaurant was closed why.A bus load of rangers fans and restaurant closed

Increase season ticket price by £50. Extra £1.5m after vat.
Annual membership fee of £10 to allow free access to FF with a code. May prevent bheasts on here.
Share issue. I currently pay £20 a month to Club 1872. Didn't read details so Club 1872 have received £00's of pounds from me yet I can't go to the Rangers AGM as I don't possess 1 share. I don't mind proxying them to Club 1872.

Following on from the thread about the accounts, I think its clear that we need to find ways of generating more money so that we can propel ourselves back to the top. We have seen a few charlatans come & go and all the while we have hoped & waited for them to put in the money we need to make things better. The current board are great, but the reality is that they are not going to pump all of their money in so it.

The onus is on us, the fans to find ways to raise the money to get us to 55. We need to apply the spirit we had when we saved the club from going bust. There were some great fundraising ideas at the time, but not many of them have come to fruition.

I don't know what the answer is. I know that three things we like are football, beer and music. It would be great if we could get an alcohol licence for the fan zone. Selling 10,000 pints every week at £4 per pint would bring in enough to pay the wages of one or two decent pages. Also, with the biggest fan base in the world, there must be ways of getting people who can't make it to the games to contribute.

Any thoughts on how we can bring money in?
What about more Stadium tours,could even throw in tours of Auchinhowie,I think they would be quite popular among supporters.

What about more Stadium tours,could even throw in tours of Auchinhowie,I think they would be quite popular among supporters.

I would enjoy seeing the ins and outs of auchenhowie and the daily regime but im sure logistically with it being a working space almost everyday it would be hard

The club sets up a development fund and fans loan the club cash over a fixed term either one, three or five years. The club put this cash into a fixed term bond and when term is up the fans get their cash back and the clubs keeps the interest. It's a low risk investment from the fans and it would be steady money into the club. The club could keep 80% of the interest and the rest would go back into bonds so creating a permanent income. I know it's long term but long term is where we should be looking.

as a follow up to the bayern fans tour fiasco - if the shettlesons draw say ajax in the next round of the europa, take out an advert in their matchday programmes offering tours and lunch at the stadium -£25/£30 a head

An overhaul of the catering for drinks and food on matchday so this is done in-house rather than out-sourced. Changing menus to suit the weather and people's changing tastes and allergies so that you will entice people in before the games to spend money.

Giving season ticket holders the option of upgrading their seats to more comfortable padded ones, The seats are already there and would only need removed to upgrade them.

V.I.P. tours for someone to give for birthday,xmas,wedding anniversary or simply as a gift, Could get a former player involved who picks you up from home, Drive over to Ibrox for a tour and bit of lunch, Then drive over to the training ground for a look around and watch the players training, Rangers shirt all signed by the players and driven back home to end a great day out, Would make a great gift for someone.

Rangers themed room for kids party's.

I thought Ibrox looked brilliant during the Rugby at the commonwealth games and notice from time to time the SRU take games away from Murrayfield, We should be using the stadium to it's full potential and putting forward Ibrox for some of these events.

We have a few Rangers fans involved in the music industry, How about a Rangers themed concert and could invite Rod Stewart, Fans could then buy a brick and at the interval tie Rod Stewart to a goalpost and fans could toss said bricks at him... Great night out.

I'd pay good money to experience playing on the pitch at Ibrox, as would many others I imagine.

22 players each paying say 250 quid for a once in a lifetime experience to play on the pitch for an hour. Have five or six slots a day over a week before the pitch gets relaid in the summer and you'd have near a quarter of a million extra revenue a year.

Safe-Standing in the Copland Front will improve the atmosphere , matchday experience and overall marketability of the club.

Solar panels on the roofs of the stands

That would really f*ck with Dhimmy's head - since they're convinced the roofs are coming off.:D

In all seriousness, it isn't a bad idea. I wonder why no football clubs (that I can think of) have tried it. has to be a H&S nutcracker in there somewhere I'd guess.

That would really f*ck with Dhimmy's head - since they're convinced the roofs are coming off.:D

In all seriousness, it isn't a bad idea. I wonder why no football clubs (that I can think of) have tried it. has to be a H&S nutcracker in there somewhere I'd guess.

It's quite popular in England with smaller clubs.

Doncaster

Stafford Rangers

Forest Rovers

A lot of European clubs have them as well.

I walked by Ibrox on Tuesday on my way to the megastore. I couldn’t help but notice the office areas in the broomloan and Govan stands looked empty. If they are we should be making them into bars similar to the louden.
When in the shop I couldn’t help but notice how crap the merchandise is. This is obviously something that’ll change come summer time. Out of interest I had a look around the net at some other clubs merchandise. The standard of the Adidas and Nike stuff is fantastic and most of it could be worn from day to day.
As others have said our restaurant looks great, but few people know about it. Why do we not offer a tour of the stadium and lunch or dinner?
Our marketing and PR is atrocious for a club of our size and stature.
Finally, a hotel. Obviously this costs a fair few million and I’m not sure how or where we do it, but it’s something we should be looking at - again the restaurant could be utilised.

As suggested before, Rangers Lotto, which if supported correctly could become almost as big as the old Rangers Pools. The more folk put into the Rangers Lottery, the bigger the prize money becomes and rises exponentially, which in turn brings in even more money. Its win-win all round if utilised properly.

Going back to the old Rangers Pools for a second, the younger Bears might not be aware just how big a money-spinner it really was for our club. So much so that reps from Man United were up from Old Trafford to learn from us on how to maximise potential club income. That's how massive the Rangers Pools was. We can do it again, Bears, if we really want to.
Back in the day I was an agent for this. My proudest achievement was persuading the office Tim to contribute

As suggested before, Rangers Lotto, which if supported correctly could become almost as big as the old Rangers Pools. The more folk put into the Rangers Lottery, the bigger the prize money becomes and rises exponentially, which in turn brings in even more money. Its win-win all round if utilised properly.

Someone on the old board went into this in detail. Due to some gaming, gambling/betting laws, money raised through the Rangers Lotto can only go to youth development, it can't be used to fund players or cover income losses etc.

I can't remember the in's and out's of it but the basic jist was that it was to act as a deterrent for criminals and using football clubs to launder money.

Someone on here might remember more.

To earn more more eye it may be necessary to spend a bit. I’ve always wondered why we don’t have 3-4 large clubs near each side of the stadium to cater for pre-post match fans.
The bars and hotels around the vicinity of Ibrox hit the jackpot every home game. If we had our own clubs that were well run etc that’s where I’d go before a game and probably after too to let the tube queue die down

Following on from the thread about the accounts, I think its clear that we need to find ways of generating more money so that we can propel ourselves back to the top. We have seen a few charlatans come & go and all the while we have hoped & waited for them to put in the money we need to make things better. The current board are great, but the reality is that they are not going to pump all of their money in so it.

The onus is on us, the fans to find ways to raise the money to get us to 55. We need to apply the spirit we had when we saved the club from going bust. There were some great fundraising ideas at the time, but not many of them have come to fruition.

I don't know what the answer is. I know that three things we like are football, beer and music. It would be great if we could get an alcohol licence for the fan zone. Selling 10,000 pints every week at £4 per pint would bring in enough to pay the wages of one or two decent pages. Also, with the biggest fan base in the world, there must be ways of getting people who can't make it to the games to contribute.

Any thoughts on how we can bring money in?

Take the Betting stalls back from ladbrokes and run a 'tote' style betting counter for first goalscorer and correct score.

50% goes to calculated tote payout and the rest to the club.

Next!

Don't worry yourselves, we'll have lots of money soon enough. We just need to make sure we get the right man in place to spend it.

We should get a rock band lined up for the summer. Income from tickets , catering and drinks.

No Rock star would risk the potential embarrassment of being knocked unconscious by a rogue solid cheeseburger to the face, that will not do their street cred any good.

Is it possible for the holding company to declare the club subsidiary as a charity?

I was talking to a bearette who knows a bit about tax in the pub last night and she was telling me that charities don't have to pay/can claim back VAT.

What a saving that would be!!!!!

Turn the mega store into a Bar for Match days and can also be hired out for functions.
Renovate Edminston House into a ticket office, Mega store, Museum and Rangers themed cafe, burger bar.

Agree with other posters about Argyll Restaraunt. Very under used and badly publisiced.

Back